Venture Bros-Season 5 (Blu-Ray/Uv) $5.99 via rakuten

WOW! Deal of a lifetime there, I almost want to buy a second copy just for the hell of it. SUCH a fantastic season, quite possibly the best one yet.

So if its temp out of stock but I could place an order what's the chance of me getting it? Never ordered from Rakuten before.

So if its temp out of stock but I could place an order what's the chance of me getting it? Never ordered from Rakuten before.
Have you ever ordered from it's former incarnation, BUY.COM...?

When it was Buy.com it had a central warehouse of many items then there were third-party sellers on there pushing their own wares, as well. Now it's almost exclusively third-party market items.

In other words, it depends on who the item is actually coming from. I've never actually seen one that says this before but I'm going to bite just in case it does work out, but ymmv.

Last edited by a moderator:
In for one, with the lowered expectation that I won't likely see it, ever.  Since it's coming from Buy.com, it has a better chance than zero for success, though again, I'm not getting my hopes up on this one.

At least, I ordered it with a credit card that emails/texts when used online, so I'll get notification if/when Rakuten actually preps for shipment.

They just billed my credit card and my order shows that it's Processing and is in the shipping process, so we'll see what happens in the next few days.

That is an awesome deal, but I have never ordered from them and everything I have heard was to stay away like what happened to the new deep discount.com

That is an awesome deal, but I have never ordered from them and everything I have heard was to stay away like what happened to the new deep discount.com
I've been ordering from Buy.com/Rakuten.com for ten-plus years... never had an issue. If you're skerrd, the only complaints I've ever heard are from the sheep at SlickDeals parroting that sellers on Rakuten steal credit info, solution: PayPal.

Thanks op. I've been meaning to watch this show because I just watch it randomly on adult swim when ever it's on. I enjoy it so owning it sounds fun. Marathon time!

Thanks op. I've been meaning to watch this show because I just watch it randomly on adult swim when ever it's on. I enjoy it so owning it sounds fun. Marathon time!
Such an awesome show, a new special is coming soon on adult swim. Monday night at midnight

Can't wait for season 6

I recently did this with the Bands of Brothers set over Christmas..... couple days later it was shipped. Product has been in hand for a while now.

Wow, this is awesome.  Technically, i don't own seasons 3 or 4, but how could i pass this up?  Scored one last night.

Thanks, OP!

At this deal I hope I can grab this. haven't watched this show in a long time and I need to catch up. Hopefully these backorders ship out. 

Order placed on the 24th, got an email that it shipped today. 

Except in the email it says it's the third season that shipped. 

Edit:

Just checked the order status and my order number still shows Season 5 in processing. So I might end up getting Season 3 for free? The product sku's from the emails match the versions they say. 

Got the order confirmation when I placed it on the 15th, but it's not showing up in my order history. I'm tempted to try placing the order again, guess the worst that happens is I get a second to sell.

Got the order confirmation when I placed it on the 15th, but it's not showing up in my order history. I'm tempted to try placing the order again, guess the worst that happens is I get a second to sell.
Email them and ask them what happened to the order. By the time you get a response, you would get the 2nd copy from the new order.

Same thing happened with me so I did their paypal order lookup thing with the information that was on my confirmation email and had to link the order to my account.

Got my shipping confirmation this morning. Figures, since I had resolved to go price match at best buy after work using a free $5 cert that expires on the 31st and then just cancel my order. But hey, I'm still happy

Got my copy. I'm surprised that mine is in good condition. Just a few fingernail scratches on the back and worn out corners but I think it looks great.

Mine just arrived in great condition. Good timing too. I have the special that just aired recorded but I haven't wanted to watch it yet because I don't really remember how Season 5 left things. Curse this amazing show always taking a couple years between seasons!

I don't know shit about this show but I just grabbed one since they're back in stock. I blame all of you.

I have to catch up on the first 4 seasons now.

Mine just arrived in great condition. Good timing too. I have the special that just aired recorded but I haven't wanted to watch it yet because I don't really remember how Season 5 left things. Curse this amazing show always taking a couple years between seasons!

I don't know shit about this show but I just grabbed one since they're back in stock. I blame all of you.

I have to catch up on the first 4 seasons now.
This is the type of show thats best when you binge watch it from start to finish. Just finished season 5 yesterday and I finally saw the special and holly shit, this has to go down as Adult Swim's greatest show. Now we painfully wait for season 6.

Got mine today, has a cut/tear on the back of the cardboard sleeve. The shrink wrap was unmarked though, maybe the sleeves got damaged at the factory somehow.

bread's done
Back