Verdict is in: Saddam will be hung/hanged.

7655~Shocker-Posters.jpg

And yet the Bush administration will get away with what it's done in Iraq. Hardly seems fair.

[quote name='jmcc']And yet the Bush administration will get away with what it's done in Iraq. Hardly seems fair.[/QUOTE]

Fine, I'll bite. What has the Bush administration done that compares with commiting genocide and killing 180,000 of your own people?

[quote name='dopa345']Fine, I'll bite. What has the Bush administration done that compares with commiting genocide and killing 180,000 of your own people?[/QUOTE]

committing genocide AND killing 180,000? What's that and for, darling?

Anyway, no surprise at all. It justifies nothing, however, and doesn't suddenly make "right" all the things we've done the past few years.

All the ladies wanna know.... is he going to be well hung?

Saddam's chief lawyer Khalil al-Dulaimi condemned the trial as a "farce," claiming the verdict was planned. He said defense attorneys would appeal within 30 days.

:rofl: Like you can kill thousands of people and walk off scott free?

Have you guys noticed that this news happened near the time of the national elections? Is it a coincidence?

[quote name='Xevious']Have you guys noticed that this news happened near the time of the national elections? Is it a coincidence?[/quote]Yes, and I'm sure all the liberal goons will wanna negotiate for Saddam's safe release into the wild, saying the only reason he's being put to death is because it's close to the midterms.

[quote name='evilmojo12542']kinda of sucks I was hopeing they would gas and shoot hi to death on tv live for the whole world to see[/quote]

Not to get OT but I'd rather be gassed then hanged.

[quote name='camoor']Not to get OT but I'd rather be gassed then hanged.[/QUOTE]
hangeded*

[quote name='otakucode']Just to answer anyone who is wondering...
Drapes are hung.
People are hanged.[/quote]

So what if someone kills themselves by hanging themselves from drapes? Hmmm?

Did I just blow your mind?

But anyway, yeah they'll make a hugeass deal about it to try to block everything else from being discussed. The republicans will use it as a way to garner votes by showing how they killed a mass murderer and what-not.

Either that or the Kerry thing, the republicans might harp on that for a while....I guess a combination.

correct me if i am wrong here. it states that the sentence must be carried out withing 30 days and appelas done by that time that is fine but he is still on trial for something else if I am correct can the execute someone that is on trial still?

[quote name='evilmojo12542']correct me if i am wrong here. it states that the sentence must be carried out withing 30 days and appelas done by that time that is fine but he is still on trial for something else if I am correct can the execute someone that is on trial still?[/QUOTE]

They would have that trial first, well at least in the US they would.

Was there any doubt from the moment he was caught that this would happen?

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Was there any doubt from the moment he was caught that this would happen?[/quote]
I wonder how the trial proceedings actually went?

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, the defendant is Saddam Hussein. SADDAM HUSSEIN! I rest my case."

I never thought he would be hung. However his time has come, and instead of walking he would be hung. What the hell would Saddam do if he wasn't killed, live a normal life? please.

Wonder what the after-life is like when you've killed hundreds of thousands.

[quote name='evilmax17']I wonder how the trial proceedings actually went?

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, the defendant is Saddam Hussein. SADDAM HUSSEIN! I rest my case."[/quote]

No shit. Why didn't someone just shoot him and say he pull out his walle.... gun.

i totally forgot about this.

I knew they were going to do this long ago. I mean come on this guy did some serious shit to tens of thosands of people. Question is, will the hanging be televised and where will bush be when this happens?

[quote name='otakucode']Just to answer anyone who is wondering...
Drapes are hung.
People are hanged.[/quote]

They said I was hung... and they was right!

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Yes, and I'm sure all the liberal goons will wanna negotiate for Saddam's safe release into the wild, saying the only reason he's being put to death is because it's close to the midterms.[/QUOTE]

Don't be daft. I'm sure plenty of liberals will question the timing of the verdict, but I doubt you'll hear anyone (even around here) defend Saddam Hussein.

[quote name='elprincipe']Wow, that was pretty dumb, even for you.[/quote]

Isn't a lot of it 'true' through?

Eh. I think a little more time as a broken and powerless shell of his former "glory" would have served everybody a little better, but I'm not about to lose sleep over it. This was obviously the only way it was going to pan out, once we captured him.

It's also too bad that since the rest of the trial is irrelevant after the death sentence, we'll never get his whole reign out and in the open. Facts are good, and it would be nice if we could have come up with a real, final reckoning of all of his victims before he takes the long drop from the short rope.

[quote name='Kayden']Isn't a lot of it 'true' through?[/QUOTE]

Well, if "true" means [sarcasm]true[/sarcasm]. I guess the names are mostly right.

[quote name='Xevious']Have you guys noticed that this news happened near the time of the national elections? Is it a coincidence?[/quote]

Karl Rove, you've done it again, you magnificent bastard.

I still can't believe all the people who are buying into the lies the liberal media is feeding you people. Some people just have a sad life spending it try to make the president look bad. I don't like Clinton but I don't make it my life work to point out how bad of a job he did.

[quote name='Captain Spaulding']I still can't believe all the people who are buying into the lies the liberal media is feeding you people. Some people just have a sad life spending it try to make the president look bad. I don't like Clinton but I don't make it my life work to point out how bad of a job he did.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for visiting the vs forum! Please make it no more frequent than an itermittent visit if this is the best you can do! See you again (preferrably not)!

[quote name='thorbahn3']I would of rather he had to do community service for life. Seeing him pick up dog poo would've been priceless.[/QUOTE]

Oddly enough, this would probably be more effective than hanging him will be. Instead, he will be put to death for his sins, which in the radical islamic culture is equivalent to being martyred (sp?). Oh the irony...

[quote name='mykevermin']Thanks for visiting the vs forum! Please make it no more frequent than an itermittent visit if this is the best you can do! See you again (preferrably not)![/quote]

pretty sad you can't even take a little disagreement and as soon as someone come in with a different way of thinking you just want me to go away. I'm not much into forums but I'll be sure to stay active in this one for awhile.

[quote name='Captain Spaulding']pretty sad you can't even take a little disagreement and as soon as someone come in with a different way of thinking you just want me to go away. I'm not much into forums but I'll be sure to stay active in this one for awhile.[/QUOTE]

That was pretty much out of character for him, I'll agree.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']That was pretty much out of character for him, I'll agree.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.

It's not as if some (1) bullshit claim of "liberal media" (something that indicates you're a fervent talk radio listener or right-wing blog reader), or (2) bullshit comparison of criticisms of the current, sitting, leading, and fucking-up president and a man who's been out of the job for six years are even *worthy* of regarding in the first place, however.

What's to discuss about it?

There is nothing cool about this. I would just make him an advisor behind bars who would speak to his congress threw a TV that can lock on and tilt. He would get a smal selection of books every month and the full reports of activitiies in bagdag. Maybe small media and limited internet usage.

Then when in congress or whatever he would be asked his idea on the topic. Afterwards get sent to bad with his hands tied behind his back.

Also a window.

I mean come on the only real people that overthru the goverment was the poor people and his was the victim.

If this was North Korea it would be the same thing.

Again even in the USA we would let loose all the prisoners and people would bbe rioting hours before we do if our country fell like IRAQ.

All of this is because a couple of angry people who just happen to like Benladin destoryed the Twin Towers. None of this would have ever occur if they have not did that.

[quote name='RegalSin2020']There is nothing cool about this. I would just make him an advisor behind bars who would speak to his congress threw a TV that can lock on and tilt. He would get a smal selection of books every month and the full reports of activitiies in bagdag. Maybe small media and limited internet usage.

Then when in congress or whatever he would be asked his idea on the topic. Afterwards get sent to bad with his hands tied behind his back.

Also a window.

I mean come on the only real people that overthru the goverment was the poor people and his was the victim.

If this was North Korea it would be the same thing.

Again even in the USA we would let loose all the prisoners and people would bbe rioting hours before we do if our country fell like IRAQ.

All of this is because a couple of angry people who just happen to like Benladin destoryed the Twin Towers. None of this would have ever occur if they have not did that.[/quote]

Regal, I thought the doctor was specific when he said "TAKE YOUR fuckING MEDICINE!"

Wow. just......Wow.

[quote name='Veritas1204']Regal, I thought the doctor was specific when he said "TAKE YOUR fuckING MEDICINE!"

Wow. just......Wow.[/QUOTE]

He's French, what did you expect?

Executing Saddam now is just going to ruin Fox's chance to put him on TV in a decade for sweeps week saying "I didn't gas the Kurds, but if I did, here's how I would have done it."

[quote name='MrBadExample']Executing Saddam now is just going to ruin Fox's chance to put him on TV in a decade for sweeps week saying "I didn't gas the Kurds, but if I did, here's how I would have done it."[/QUOTE]

:shock:

[quote name='daphatty']Oddly enough, this would probably be more effective than hanging him will be. Instead, he will be put to death for his sins, which in the radical islamic culture is equivalent to being martyred (sp?). Oh the irony...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but it also depends on HOW you go out. A secular guy like Saddam getting executed isn't going to win him points in the afterlife any more than Hitler eating a bullet is what consigned him to hell, you know?

bread's done
Back