Verizon Fios new account in same house under different person?

rb11701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
Has anyone every cancelled in yours/spouses name and signed up under a new contract with the others name?  Fios has a good deal for new contracts only.  I so sick of my cable bill I have been looking into just getting internet and cut the cable cord.  I saw this deal and was wondering if anyone did this?  Did you have to get a new email?  Was the tech able to do it? 

Just curious.  Thanks!

I'm about to do this myself. When I signed up for my FIOS account when I moved into my house, I tried to transfer my account from my old place and they wouldn't let me take my current plan and rate into the new house. So I signed up for a new account with my wife's name and I had no issues getting it done that way.

Just wanted to update for anyone who cares. Do I successfully switched over my Fios. I was originally out of contract paying sone hefty rates. I was able to sign up for a new 2 year contract at a much lower rate. I then scheduled a disconnect for a day earlier on my wife's account.

Both went off without any issues. On the disconnect day, services went out at 6am. That day I was without anything. Following morning Fios guy came out. Knee exactly what I was doing. Told me to do the same thing in another 2 years. Super cool. Hooked me up with all new hdmi cables, power strips, and a battery backup all for the bubble.

So I had 25//25, extreme hd and phone. I now have 100/100, preferred tv and phone. I still kept my dvr service and cable box. I also had to pay for new router to avoid 10 dollar rental fee.

I am now saving about 65 a month.

I did get to keep my old email but I did need to get a new house number. No big deal for me.

100/100 is very nice. Downloading at just under 90 on ps4.

So if anyone is on the fence, it is totally possible.

bread's done
Back