Verizon's Internet

snakelda

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
I just recently got a Palm Centro from Verizon (Not the best phone but whatever.) I was thinking of getting their unlimited data plan for the internet. Does it load fast and will it load any page or just small websites with not much graphic content?Thanks.

[quote name='snakelda']I just recently got a Palm Centro from Verizon (Not the best phone but whatever.) I was thinking of getting their unlimited data plan for the internet. Does it load fast and will it load any page or just small websites with not much graphic content?Thanks.[/quote]

Your talking about Verizon Wireless Mobile Web correct?

I am using it on the Voyager and it's ok. Your speed will be depending on your EV Coverage. If you have 4 full bars..then should go pretty fast.. One bar or less expect dial up speeds if any. I never used your phone before but I believe the phone's browser reformats/resizes web pages/images for optimal viewing speeds.

go to howardforums.com and dig around for your phone.

You might as well get unlimited if you plan to do ANYthing with the internet and that phone; the options are pay by kb ($15/mb), 10mb for $25 or unlimited for $45

The web access on my LG Dare has been really good. Compares quite nicely to the speed and usability of the Safari browser on my iPod Touch.

[quote name='QiG']You might as well get unlimited if you plan to do ANYthing with the internet and that phone; the options are pay by kb ($15/mb), 10mb for $25 or unlimited for $45[/quote]

its actually 1.99 per mb if you don't have the data plan or the pay an extra $15 a month for unlimited mobile web access.

The LG Dare's internet is alright, but the ipod touch's browser (and its touch capabilities) has spoiled me.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']its actually 1.99 per mb if you don't have the data plan or the pay an extra $15 a month for unlimited mobile web access.[/quote]
Not for a smart phone.

I use opera mini on my blackberry and it works well when I'm in an EVDO area, less so when I'm not. Don't expect flash or really fancy ajax or anything like that though.

bread's done
Back