VG Ads: Jan 29-Feb 4 (CCbbTar) AC:WW & TSGolf < $26ea -XB B2G1- FarCry $15 - HL2 $28

The Successful Dropout

CAGiversary!
Feedback
101 (100%)
iconcircuitcity.gif
Circuit
iconcircuitcity.gif
City
iconcircuitcity.gif

iconps2_r2.gif

$149.99
System w/ FREE Jampack

$49.99
Socom 3

$39.99
NBA 06
Ape Escape 3
Shadow of the Colossus
Neopets: The Darkest Faerie

$27.99
King Kong
Battlefield 2: MC

$14.99
USB Headset
Getaway, The: Black Monday

$9.99
Pelican Wireless Chameleon Controller

iconxbox_r2.gif

$27.99
King Kong
Battlefield 2: MC
Half-Life 2

$14.99
Far Cry: Instincts

iconpsp_r2.gif

$249.99
System

$74.99
SanDisk 1GB Memory Card PRO Duo

$49.99
GTA: LCS
Smackdown vs Raw 06
Need for Speed: MW

$39.99
Kingdom of Pardise

icongbasp_r1.gif

$14.99
Kong

iconpcwin.gif

$39.99
Age of Empires III
Star Wars: Battlefront II

$19.99
Sims 2, The: Nightlife

iconbestbuy.gif
Best
iconbestbuy.gif
Buy
iconbestbuy.gif

Thanks goes to FatBoyInside (CAG) & speedy1961 (DVDtalk) for the BB Ad

iconps2_r2.gif

$29.99
Prince of Persia Two Thrones
King Kong
Madden 06

$19.99
True Crime NYC
Gun

iconxbox_r2.gif

$29.99
King Kong
Madden 06

$19.99 Buy 2, Get 3rd Free*
Conker: Reloaded*
Jade Empire*
HALO: Combat Evolved*
Fable: The Lost Chapters*
FORZA: Motorsport*
Spongebob Squarepants: The Movie*
Project Gotham 2*
Mech Assault 2: Limited Edition*

$19.99
True Crime NYC
Gun

iconxbox360.gif

$59.99
Dead or Alive 4

$49.99
NHL 06
NBA 06

icongamecube.gif

$29.99
King Kong
Madden 06

$19.99
True Crime NYC
Gun

iconpcwin.gif

$39.99
Age of Empires III
Call of Duty 2
Civilization IV

$29.99
FEAR
RIX vs ATV: Track Edition
Madden NFL 2006

$14.99
Star Wars: Galaxies Starter Kit
Nancy Drew: Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon

icontarget.gif
Target
icontarget.gif

Thanks goes to Speedy 1961 at DVDtalk for the Target ad.

iconps2_r2.gif

$149.99
System w/ FREE Ford Racing 3 & Wireless Controller

$39.99
Ape Escape 3
Curious George w/ FREE Movie Ticket

$29.99
MVP 06 NCAA Baseball

$27.77
Blitz the League
Call of Duty 2 BRO
Harry Potter &tGoF
Ed, Edd & Eddy

$22.88
Camo Controller
Pink Controller
64 MB Memory Card

iconxbox_r2.gif

$39.99
Curious George w/ FREE Movie Ticket

$29.99
MVP 06 NCAA Baseball

$27.77
Blitz the League
Call of Duty 2 BRO
Harry Potter &tGoF

icongamecube.gif

$39.99
Curious George

$27.77
Call of Duty 2 BRO
Harry Potter &tGoF
Ed, Edd & Eddy

iconds.gif

$25.77
Animal Crossing WW
True Swing Golf

icongbasp_r1.gif

$25.77
Curious George

Vote for me, CAG Hero of the Year...Why? Why not?

wow, far cry is a hell of a deal, especially if you get it at BB next week and then price adjust to the circuit city ad. if you get the extra 10% off the difference, that's 13.49 plus tax. that is a sweet ass deal.

Everything in the world is right again. Dropout is back with our favorite sale thread, and it includes PC games! I already see three PC titles that I want: Civilization IV, Age of Empires III, and F.E.A.R.

This is the first thread I look at every Thursday evening, so it's good to have Dropout back to continue the tradition.

Thank you, Dropout

For those considering FarCry, I have the PC version and it's easily one of the best looking and best playing games I've ever owned. I don't know how the console versions compare with the PC version (RAM capacity is usually an issue), but I highly suggest buying whatever version you can.

Note: I can't play first person shooters on a PC using the keyboard, so I went out and bought a Logitech Rumblepad 2 gamepad, which has programmable keyboard and mouse emulation. I program the left analog stick for character movement/strafing, and I hold the gamepad in my left hand, while I use the mouse for shooting and camera movement. I program all of the buttons on the left side of the gamepad for frequently used functions. This way I can access everything with my thumb and index finger, and I almost never have to access the keyboard. Aiming and shooting with the mouse is fast, highly accurate, and virtually indispensible. I can also aim/shoot and move the camera with the right analog stick, but the mouse is much quicker and considerably more accurate.

I included the above info for those of you who are like me and are very clumsy playing FPS with a keyboard. The gamepad has been a God send, and the gamepad/mouse combo has been very effective for me. You may just want to give it a try.

"will Best Buy give me back the difference?"

If the sale price is within 30 days of your original purchase and you still have the receipt, then yes, you will get the difference back. Just go to customer service with the store ad and your receipt.

Forgot to mention that I already picked up a copy of Call of Duty 2 (PC version) at Best Buy the day after Thanksgiving for $24.99, and the game absolutely rocks. According to Dropout's ads, CoD2 is on sale this week, so you folks just might want to consider picking that one up. Trust me, it's a great game.

Hint: Smoke grenades are your best friend in this game. In fact, they're practically indispensible at times.

I also Highly recommend Brothers In Arms: Earned In Blood.

Thanks OP.......:applause:

Yep, to bad I picked up Far Cry months ago for $30, or I'd jump all over it for $14.99.

Nice deal on King Kong, Battlefield 2: MC, & Half-Life 2 xbox for $27.99. I'll probably hold out on Kong though & pick up the other two.

[quote name='videogames10']For those considering FarCry, I have the PC version and it's easily one of the best looking and best playing games I've ever owned. I don't know how the console versions compare with the PC version (RAM capacity is usually an issue), but I highly suggest buying whatever version you can.

Note: I can't play first person shooters on a PC using the keyboard, so I went out and bought a Logitech Rumblepad 2 gamepad, which has programmable keyboard and mouse emulation. I program the left analog stick for character movement/strafing, and I hold the gamepad in my left hand, while I use the mouse for shooting and camera movement. I program all of the buttons on the left side of the gamepad for frequently used functions. This way I can access everything with my thumb and index finger, and I almost never have to access the keyboard. Aiming and shooting with the mouse is fast, highly accurate, and virtually indispensible. I can also aim/shoot and move the camera with the right analog stick, but the mouse is much quicker and considerably more accurate.

I included the above info for those of you who are like me and are very clumsy playing FPS with a keyboard. The gamepad has been a God send, and the gamepad/mouse combo has been very effective for me. You may just want to give it a try.[/QUOTE]

I highly recommend Far Cry also, if it anything like the PC version, especially for $15. It is a great open ended game much different from many of the corridor FPS. Don't know how it plays on the xbox compared to the PC.

I also have the same problem with keyboards and FPS, just too many keys to remember. I bought an N52 gamepad, it's essentially a mini keyboard with programmable keys and extra d-pad and buttons. Works great combined with a mouse, I don't play FPS on consoles anymore if they are available for the PC.

Thinking of picking up the BestBuy B2G1 (Forza, Fable and Conker) with my left over Christmas gift cards.

Half-Life 2 and Far Cry: Instincts are my two favorite non-Halo FPSs on XBox. Far Cry is a MUST have at that price. I can't thank you enough for the weekly ads TSD.

Is it me or does anyone else find the $27.99 sale price on certain games unusual. I can't recall seeing prices like this and feel that maybe they're doing this to get around the BB $10 off $29.99 coupon.

Damnit. I really want AC:WW for that price but I'm dead broke. Just bought a house and moving in this weekend.

Come to think of it, I don't even know why I'm visiting the site right now. I must like torturing myself.... :wall:

[quote name='craven_fiend']Wow, Far Cry at CC for $15, nice. Too bad I don't have a CC closer than an hour away.[/QUOTE]

How about order t online today for $30 & free shipping, and then call them tomorrow for the price adjustment? :lol:

Thanks TSD for the heads up! :D

For all those curious about AC:WW stock at Target, both Targets near me in the north Atlanta suburbs have plenty, about 12 a piece. They must have restocked in the past few days, since I know it has been a while since they had any. As for True Swing Golf, each Target had 4, which I'm guess is their initial shipment since the game hasn't been gained much popularity. So the pickings should be good for tomorrow morning.

[quote name='djak1']How about order t online today for $30 & free shipping, and then call them tomorrow for the price adjustment? :lol:

Thanks TSD for the heads up! :D[/QUOTE]

ohhh...so smart :lol:

i haven't had any experience with calling CC.com before, i assume it would be fine

[quote name='jjz203']Oh well, I'm thinking a BB webmaster MUST lurk on CAG. Either that or BB realizes with the raping of the $10 coupon, they should keep the deals simple and on surplus games they want to push until the coupon dies? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i was hoping for one last good run with the coupon during the final week of BB's ad... but BB must be watching.

I may jump on B2G1 Free for the XB titles ($13.33 each)...
Rather then deal with EB's B1G1F ($10 each) and their gift voucher mess.

Call before you make a special trip... these are out of stock at just about every Target.

Same with the Mario Kart in this weeks add - empty shelves everywhere (Central Florida area).

---------------------------------

Target:

$25.77
Animal Crossing WW
True Swing Golf

[quote name='soulwish2003']Call before you make a special trip... these are out of stock at just about every Target.

Same with the Mario Kart in this weeks add - empty shelves everywhere.

Target:

$25.77
Animal Crossing WW
True Swing Golf[/QUOTE]

I've seen Mario Kart at every Target I've been to, but no luck thus far on AC.

[quote name='soulwish2003']Call before you make a special trip... these are out of stock at just about every Target.

Same with the Mario Kart in this weeks add - empty shelves everywhere (Central Florida area).

Target:

$25.77
Animal Crossing WW
True Swing Golf[/QUOTE]
PM True Swing Golf at Best Buy if you're going for it... they had literally 20-30 copies of it. Its the most I've ever seen of any DS game at Best Buy.

I'm up for Far Cry at that price too.. have only downloaded the demo on PC like 1 year ago, and played it only a few times, thought the AI was fairly hard. Its a nice game, and I won't pass at that price, even for the Xbox.

I'm also seriously considering FEAR, been hearing nothing but good about that one.

Picked up AC:WW and TSG this morning from Target. I went to a Target that on Friday night at closing had 12 copies of AC:WW. After I picked mine up Sunday morning at opening, there was only 1 more left. Either people were buying this game early in anticipation of the sale and bringing them back to get the price adjusted, or this game is selling like hotcakes.

[quote name='botticus']PM True Swing Golf at Best Buy if you're going for it... they had literally 20-30 copies of it. Its the most I've ever seen of any DS game at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried to price match at Best Buy in the last year? They have made it impossible... no one knows about it (yeah right), bounce you all over the store to different departments, more confusion, manager?, more do we do that?...

Picked up AC at my Target a few minutes ago. They had 10 more copies. Now I just have to sit here and wait until Best Buy opens...

Edit: Get to best buy when they open. No copies of fable, no copies of conker. Bastards.

[quote name='soulwish2003']Have you tried to price match at Best Buy in the last year? They have made it impossible... no one knows about it (yeah right), bounce you all over the store to different departments, more confusion, manager?, more do we do that?...[/QUOTE]

Realy? It must be just in your area, all i have to do is go to customer service and its done. But i prefer to price match at CC anyways.

[quote name='soulwish2003']Have you tried to price match at Best Buy in the last year? They have made it impossible... no one knows about it (yeah right), bounce you all over the store to different departments, more confusion, manager?, more do we do that?...[/QUOTE]
I've only done it twice:

1) after buying Half Life 2 to get it price matched + 10% (no problem, the CS rep had already called Staples about it within the hour so knew it was in stock)

2) price match the TRU B2G1F on 19.99 or under, did that at the check-out, she just had to call a manager over to figure out how to deal with it.

Wahoo, my Target seems to have gotten a shipment of AC:WW in (about 11 the lady said, they were out 2 days ago), so off I go!...

Picked up Far Cry for $30 last night at Best Buy then went back in today to price match. Ended up getting it for $13.49

[quote name='KongaKing']Plenty of AC and Golf at my target.

No Mario Tennis (GBA) love this week? I feel like a new game and that sounds good[/QUOTE]

You can get your Mario Tennis love at Best Buy this and future weeks. It's priced $19.99 there and you can use a $5 GGC to get it for $14.99 :)

[quote name='Josef']You can get your Mario Tennis love at Best Buy this and future weeks. It's priced $19.99 there and you can use a $5 GGC to get it for $14.99 :)[/QUOTE]

Sweet, I didn't know that. Thanks!

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Yeah, mine definately got some in just for the sale.[/QUOTE]

Same here... nothing on the shelves Saturday afternoon and filled Sunday ~noon.

bread's done
Back