World of Harry Potter
iconcircuitcity.gif
Circuit City
iconcircuitcity.gif

iconps2_r2.gif

$49.99
NCAA 06 w/
iconfree.gif
Pelican Controller (choose btwn 2 $9.99 value controllers)
iconxbox_r2.gif

$49.99
NCAA 06 w/
iconfree.gif
Pelican Controller (choose btwn 2 $9.99 value controllers)
iconpsp_r2.gif

$249.99
System Value Pack
$59.99
Sandisk 512 MB Mem Stick PRO Duo
$49.99
Midnight Club 3 w/
iconfree.gif
$10 GC
MVP BAseball w/
iconfree.gif
$10 GC
Need for Speed UG R w/
iconfree.gif
$10 GC
$39.99
Twisted Metal w/
iconfree.gif
$10 GC
$14.99
Pelican Value Pak (car charger, 4 umd disk jackets, earbuds, usb cable, etc)
iconpcwin.gif

$34.99
Battlefield 2
$14.99
Battlefield 2 Guide

[quote name='Roufuss']Just got back... here's the lowdown on everything -

It DOES have to be 2 for 22... the computer will show 45 dollars up until the very last minute, where it will then adjust the price.

The games don't have to have the stripe on them... their computers automatically know what's GH and what isn't.

Regular 19.99 games don't work... tried Viewtiful Joe just for kicks, the computer wouldn't accept it.

The games show up on the receipt as having a 8.99 discount.

The coupon dosen't work - gave the cashier an error everyimt, and I didn't want to make a fuss.

Amazingly, all the decent GH games like FFX, Burnout 3, and Xenosaga were all OOS... and none of the six closest stores to me has any. Good job, Best Buy. I got Red Dead Revolver and Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando.[/QUOTE]

Well I tried to pick up both Golden Eye: Rogue Agent and Lord of the Rings: Third Age for the ps2. Original price for each game was $19.99 and according to sony's website, these are greatest hits. Unfortunately the manager at BB wouldn't give them to me because they didn't have the stickers on them. I'm guessing the systems just haven't been updated with the newest GH's. (although star wars battlefront was in the system). This is the same manager who wouldn't let me use the $5 off ghetto ps2 coupon because he said it doesn't apply to sale games after reading the coupon right in front of me. I had to correct him and tell him the coupon said no clearance not sale.. learn to read!!

I ended up getting NFS : U2,LOTR 3rd age,COD,Xmen legends,DBZbudokai 2, and goldeneye :rogue agent. ONly Xmen had the red sticker at the top, the rest were in the regular priced section at like 45$ etc..

None of which rung up correctly, I first went to the customer service desk though to ask and make sure that even if it didnt have a strip it would still be valid. I told them it was listed on sony's website as greatest hits and they said they would count.

The register didnt ring up properly, and i explained what the customer service guy said, it all got sorted, but I think its YMMV on whether the registers ring up the non red bar greatest hits correctly or not. My total before was 177 and my total after correctly adjusting it was like 71.

Just explain to them that the sony offical website lists them as official greatest hits, and i think everything should work out unless you have a nasty supervisor or something.

This worked out great for me... got 6 PS2 GHs (FFX. FFX-2. Kingdom Hearts, Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper & SOCOM II) all for $66 +tax... no problems at checkout either.

But that wasn't my best deal today - got a NEW copy of MGS2:Substance for PS2 at Blockbuster for $14.99! Not sure how I lucked out on that, as it was the only copy in the store...

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']I ended up getting NFS : U2,LOTR 3rd age,COD,Xmen legends,DBZbudokai 2, and goldeneye :rogue agent. ONly Xmen had the red sticker at the top, the rest were in the regular priced section at like 45$ etc..

None of which rung up correctly, I first went to the customer service desk though to ask and make sure that even if it didnt have a strip it would still be valid. I told them it was listed on sony's website as greatest hits and they said they would count.

The register didnt ring up properly, and i explained what the customer service guy said, it all got sorted, but I think its YMMV on whether the registers ring up the non red bar greatest hits correctly or not. My total before was 177 and my total after correctly adjusting it was like 71.

Just explain to them that the sony offical website lists them as official greatest hits, and i think everything should work out unless you have a nasty supervisor or something.[/QUOTE]

That's weird... you are a reward zone member, right?

She scanned my card, and then after hitting total all the prices correctly adjusted themselves... Red Dead Revolver didn't have the GH stripe, and I didn't even have to explain to her why, the register automatically did it.

NFS: Underground 2 is still on the website at 49.99, so I guess Best Buy just didn't update their system yet? I mean, it might be wise to take a printout of the official sony greatest hits list, just in case you do run into trouble.

I might try tommorrow to see if Circuit City will PM this... Best Buy's GH selection is piss poor, and I really wanted to grab Xenosaga.

For the record, I tried to use the PS2 / PSP coupon... it would take off the 5 when the games were 19.99, but as soon as the sale went effect the coupon no longer worked. (The sale overrid the coupon, basacially) It dosen't surprise me, since the coupon states that the coupon only works on regularly priced merchandise.

Just got back, and they would only let me do one set. Weird. Anyways, I might try again later in the week now that I know non-banner GH titles work. But I really don't want anything else...

(Got Jak II and Kingdom Hearts)

Tried at two BB's today with a printed out list from Sony's site. They denied me on NFSU2 and Incredibles. "We can't acknowledge them as GH titles until Sony tells us they are such and they're updated in our system." Despite my coersion with the list, no dice. Bitchez.

Also, the McD's coupon didn't work for me with the deal...some girl read through it and said "can't be combined with another offer blah blah."

Anyone else notice that in their Summer Video Games Buyer's Guide, Best Buy lists DBZ: Budokai 3 as a PS2 Greatest Hits. The official Greatest Hits list doesn't have it as a GH but I think I'm gonna try and get it sometime later this week.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']How much does it cost to be a Reward Zone member at BB?[/QUOTE]

$9.99 / year. They have run deals that made it cheaper, or even free, but those were limited time offers, and they may or may not repeat them.

Here's a dumb question.....with the 2 for 22, will all GH titles be discounted 8.99 by the computer automatically. Because not all GH are 19.99, some are 14.99 and 9.99. If you bought two 9.99 GH titles with the RZ membership, I wonder if it would just ignore the sale. Would be nice to find that it rang up 8.99 off of EVERY GH.

[quote name='clariste']Here's a dumb question.....with the 2 for 22, will all GH titles be discounted 8.99 by the computer automatically. Because not all GH are 19.99, some are 14.99 and 9.99. If you bought two 9.99 GH titles with the RZ membership, I wonder if it would just ignore the sale. Would be nice to find that it rang up 8.99 off of EVERY GH.[/QUOTE]

I've never seen a GH at Best Buy that was less than 19.99.

Um, Virtua Fighter Evo is 9.99....Stuntman is 9.99....Manhunt is 14.99....Conflict: Desert Storm, Smuggler's Run, Spy Hunter, all 9.99. All of these are GH, and there are more.

[quote name='clariste']Um, Virtua Fighter Evo is 9.99....Stuntman is 9.99....Manhunt is 14.99....Conflict: Desert Storm, Smuggler's Run, Spy Hunter, all 9.99. All of these are GH, and there are more.[/QUOTE]

Only one I saw at the local Best Buy was Stuntman out of that list, they have a generally shitty GH selection... plus the ad says "titles are regularly priced 19.99" so I'd imagine it's only 19.99 titles.

[quote name='Roufuss']Only one I saw at the local Best Buy was Stuntman out of that list, they have a generally shitty GH selection... plus the ad says "titles are regularly priced 19.99" so I'd imagine it's only 19.99 titles.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed the 19.99 line, but I was just wondering if anyone had bought any of the cheaper titles on RZ. I figured the system would just ignore them, but who knows. Oh well, maybe I'll go try it.

[quote name='clariste']Tried at two BB's today with a printed out list from Sony's site. They denied me on NFSU2 and Incredibles. "We can't acknowledge them as GH titles until Sony tells us they are such and they're updated in our system." Despite my coersion with the list, no dice...[/QUOTE]

Pretty much the same thing happened to me, they said they wouldn't do it until they received the GH version of THUG 2. They wouldn't budge. I went back and grabbed Champions of Norrath with the GH markings, and it didn't work either (although it could have been that the system wasn't updated for SW:Battlefront, which also had the GH banner), so they had to override it anyway. NFSU 2 had a shelf tag in the GH section, but they didn't have any in stock.

[quote name='guessed']Pretty much the same thing happened to me, they said they wouldn't do it until they received the GH version of THUG 2. They wouldn't budge. I went back and grabbed Champions of Norrath with the GH markings, and it didn't work either (although it could have been that the system wasn't updated for SW:Battlefront, which also had the GH banner), so they had to override it anyway. NFSU 2 had a shelf tag in the GH section, but they didn't have any in stock.[/QUOTE]

I must have the luckiest streak ever, because my gf was able to get Best Buy to match both Need for Speed Underground 2 and Call of Duty for the 2 for 22 deal.

It took a manager's approval she told me, and they looked up the list from their computer just to make sure the one she brought in wasn't fake, but once he saw the games on the list he did a manual override of the price.

She said it went pretty simple.

Was anybody able to get the 2 for $22 deal for XB (Platinum) and GC (Player's Choice) games at BB?

I noticed on the BB website, they have the 2 for $35 on all Greatest Hits, Player's Choice and Platinum (ends on 7/23)... but the B&M stores only advertise for the Greatest Hits, with RZ members getting the PS2 games for 2 for $22.

I doubt it... but I was hoping to swap a Simpsons Hit and Run on PS2 for a XB version (widescreen support).

[quote name='sabin23']Was anybody able to get the 2 for $22 deal for XB (Platinum) and GC (Player's Choice) games at BB?

I noticed on the BB website, they have the 2 for $35 on all Greatest Hits, Player's Choice and Platinum (ends on 7/23)... but the B&M stores only advertise for the Greatest Hits, with RZ members getting the PS2 games for 2 for $22.

I doubt it... but I was hoping to swap a Simpsons Hit and Run on PS2 for a XB version (widescreen support).[/QUOTE]

The ad clearly states 2 for 22 Greatest Hits only, there's no way they'd let it happen on PH and espically Player's Choice (since they barely run Nintendo sales to begin with).

This is the last day of the ad period, but does anybody know if Sears, Target, or anybody else had any deals this week? This is the first time in awhile we haven't had a target ad for a given week, and I assume it's cause there were no deals. But if there are, we've still got time -- let's hear it. ;)

[quote name='Roufuss']Bump this up for tommorrow... the local Best Buy has TONS of Greatest Hits titles, and at 2 for 22 the games end up being $11 dollars a piece - never see them this cheap again.

Hell, you could even return one game you didn't want, and just get one GH for $11.[/QUOTE]

Can anybody confirm if returning one game will still net you an $11 game?

Or will BB adjust the price back to $19.99 and just refund you $2.

I bought about 10 games through the 2 for $22 (on 4 different transactions/reciepts) but changed my mind on a couple games.

bread's done
Back