VG Tattoo Project

janitor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Hello CAGs!
Alright, I got it in my head to get a new tattoo. Only this one I want to show my VG addiction. I want to get a band around my upper arm. I want it to resemble those tubes junkies tie to shoot up heroin. I also want to get Wario(in a Doctor Wario costume) holding a huge syringe with those Doctor Mario viruses inside of it on my lower arm so that it looks like it's being injected to the vein. I looked, and looked for something I could use but it was no go. Soooo being artistically inept that I am, I'm going to try and design the whole thing myself lol.

Anyways the reason I created this topic is to get peoples opinions as to what looks good, and what doesn't work, and also to get help if anybody is willing. This same topic is also where I'm going to share the finished product.

[edited out]

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds like a fantastic idea and I think it will be great to see the finished result.

Please be certain to post a picture of yourself and this very clever tattoo idea when it is fully realized.

CAGs. Not CAGers.

Unless it's really large, I'm not sure that that kind of pixel art is going to translate well into a tattoo. It doesn't even really look like a rope in the image you provided, so I'm concerned how it would look on your skin, even from a talented artist.

[quote name='johnnypark']CAGs. Not CAGers.

Unless it's really large, I'm not sure that that kind of pixel art is going to translate well into a tattoo. It doesn't even really look like a rope in the image you provided, so I'm concerned how it would look on your skin, even from a talented artist.[/QUOTE]

Fixed, and look at the pic in it's own window. I just realized the forum software resizes it to fit. Do you still think it will look bad?

Why not just get a tattoo of a rubber tube? That's what you originally refer to, so why opt for a rope?

Sounds like the kind of tattoo you're going to regret. For starters, you plan on permanently putting Wario on your arm. I'd just get a semi-photorealistic tattoo of a glass bottle with pills and virus dudes in it. Maybe have the virus dudes remain pixelated.

Or get a tattoo of the back of a dollar with the Triforce on the left, and that owl on the right. Then change out every "dollar" word with "rupees." Change the top to "Kingdom of Hyrule." Get it tattooed on your belly at a 15 degree angle along your beltline so you look like a dirty stripper.

If the pixelated rope ends up being too hard for it too look good, option 2 would be to just have the rubber tube tattood. This was going to be the only part that was going to be pixelated. I want Wario to be in the style of all the Master of Disguise art.

nds_wariomasterd_art4.jpg

So, why make the Rope pixellated if Wario won't be? I looked at the image before reading your post, and I thought it was a design for a mosaic border around a swimming pool.

Now then, who do you plan on drawing your Tattoo for you? Your request is fairly specific (Dr. Wario in the style of Wario: Master of Disguise). I wouldn't recommend walking into the tattoo parlor when that's all you have.

Finally, make sure you actually want the tattoo. Wait it out for a couple of weeks/months to see if you really want it or it was a spur-of-the-moment thing. Put your desired design on some carbon paper, and use deodorant to give yourself a temporary tattoo.

[quote name='janitor']I want it to resemble those tubes junkies tie to shoot up heroin. I also want to get Wario(in a Doctor Wario costume) holding a huge syringe with those Doctor Mario viruses inside of it on my lower arm so that it looks like it's being injected to the vein.[/QUOTE]

When you post the picture of the final work, be sure to get your full face in the photo. We like to give our mockery that personal touch.

Before this gets crazy, I'll just say that tattoos aren't for everyone so don't expect everyone to 'get it' ... aka you're going to catch a lot of hell for this.

Your design is not up my alley, but I'm a fan of tattoos in general so I'm interested to see how it will shake out so I hope you post a picture. As long as it's not a spiderman tramp stamp, I say go crazy and get whatever makes you happy done. Best of luck.

i dont get tattoos in general. Only a couple tats i thought 'man that would be pretty cool'. A friend had the white mage on his left forearm and black mage on his right...not very unique but still cool in its pixelated glory. The other non-video game related was from a family friend who has a couple of the Killer Klowns from Outer Space on his shoulder/arm.

TBH i dont think the rope is really all that great looking but to each his own. pics when u get a new tat.

l_4a1fabcc84d1caad85ae3b2a0df379f2.jpg

This is my VG tattoo. I got about 2 years ago when I was in NH.
So worth it in every way shape and form. Just remember, get something that is meaningful, not something in the heat of the moment(like a COD Tattoo no I don't have one, just an example.)

[quote name='mykevermin']Is that an arm?[/QUOTE]

Yes that is my (right) arm.

The photo has too much flash, also I'm pale as hell, & I don't have a better photo of it.

What the other posters said - some people are going to be critical of any tattoo unless it looks like a Renaissance painting so have your heat shield ready. Personally, I'm quite fond of them and have more than a few myself.

[quote name='janitor']Fixed, and look at the pic in it's own window. I just realized the forum software resizes it to fit. Do you still think it will look bad?[/QUOTE]

I guess your original idea was for it to look tight around your arm. With just 3 pixels in length and no real room for variation, its' not going to have the effect you want, at least not from what I can tell.

Your best bet if you're set on it, though, is to talk to an actual tattoo artist who can give you some design feedback. I think a non-pixelated rope would leave room for more detail and still get the point across with Wario.

If you want pixel art, go with something easily recognizable and you can still tell what the fuck it is outside of the context of the game. No one's going to say, "Oh, hey, that's the rope from Mario 2!" but they'd totally recognize a Shy Guy. Ya dig? Plus, a talented artist could make Wario look sweet as hell with those bright colors, I think the pixel rope would take away from the potential quality of the rest of your idea.

Alright, I talked to a friend that knows all about tats and he said the pixel rope is a no go so I'll just stick to plan 2 and get the rubber tube around the arm that matches the rest. I also talked to this other dude I used to work with that does nice ass art and got him to do the design. It's going to be a few weeks though since he actually does that for a living and is swamped with work.

I've had this idea for over a year now, I'm sure I'm not going to regret it. Hell, I don't regret any of my tats, and doubt I ever will.

[quote name='janitor']I also talked to this other dude I used to work with that does nice ass art and got him to do the design.[/QUOTE]

Lol at "ass art." I'm picturing tattoos of road signs that say "Tunnel Ahead."

Good for you, sounds like you've got some good input. Just... don't call them tats ;)

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Lol at "ass art." I'm picturing tattoos of road signs that say "Tunnel Ahead."[/QUOTE]

For real. His ass art is unparalleled.

lame as fuck but whatever

all pop culture tattoos are retarded, and vg's are probably the worst of pop culture tattoos

but if you feel it really means something to you then go for it i guess

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Lol at "ass art." I'm picturing tattoos of road signs that say "Tunnel Ahead."[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='Koggit']
all pop culture tattoos are retarded, and vg's are probably the worst of pop culture tattoos[/QUOTE]

Hey, at least it's not a barbed wire or tribal design.

And just below it says "Yield to merging traffic"

I always thought it would be cool to get a tattoo of Bowser wearing some shades and rocking out on a double neck guitar while surfing a killer wave with a big pot leaf behind him and then have a cross behind the pot leaf. Then above the whole tattoo it would say "Happy Birthday Rick".

mine's gonna say "HOT STUFF COMIN' THROUGH!"

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Here's a pic of the tattoo I described.

[/QUOTE]

Has a cop ever pulled you over, seen that tatoo, and given you a ticket for being awesome?

Real or not, the setup on this was amazing.

[quote name='BattleChicken']Has a cop ever pulled you over, seen that tatoo, and given you a ticket for being awesome?

Real or not, the setup on this was amazing.[/QUOTE]

It's not mine, just some picture that's been floating around on the internet. Just the first thing I thought of when I seen the title of the thread. Here's a video too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uy2lyWo7II

[quote name='BattleChicken']I figured. The tatoo is absurd. Your delivery of the 'wish I had' then posting of the picture was awesome.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I can't believe someone actually got that tattoo.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Yeah I can't believe someone actually got that tattoo.[/QUOTE]

I'd be more surprised if someone didn't.

Also, they forgot the notes coming out of the guitar. Amateurs.

bread's done
Back