VGA's 2010 blew!

5of9

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
Please, oh Please gaming gods,never let Neil Patrick Harris host your show again.

Usually i like the VGA's but this was a year of lame hosting and bad jokes not gioing over well.

No one but Samuel Jackson should be the host.

Completely agree, the best part of the show for me was when Michael Chiklis picked up one of the hosts and almost flashed her VAG on tv. The jokes were awful, the awards seemed staged in general, especially when Neil Patrick Harris just happen to win the voice-over and the whole monologue was already set up.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Why even have this award show in the first place? It's a joke.[/QUOTE]

To showcase new games. Didn't you see all those new game trailers? What do you think those MTV Movie/Teen's Choice/pop media award shows are for? To get you hyped and sell the shit out of you (meaning everyone).

I was able to see just what I wanted to see when I was flipping through the channels. Saw it was on just as they started to show the teaser for Mass Effect 3. I changed to it every now and then after that to see what new games they were showing then stopped about 20 minutes later.

I've been hearing for years that Elder Scrolls V was in production, but only for the next generation of hardware.

Assuming Microsoft doesn't announce a new system at E3 11 and say it's due for release in the Fall, I'm actually kind of shocked that it will be on the 360.

trash talk is something we video gamers, like us...yeah loook at us we play video games..Call of duty and Halo all day!, do!

The show always sucks. They skim over all the awards, so they can get to the advertisements. There was more time spent showing trailers for games, than handing out actual awards. Which do you think makes more money for Spike?

As far as the actual awards go, I think they did a pretty good job awarding the most appropriate games. I appreciated that they gave the best 360/ps3 awards to console exclusives, which is what it should be.

Game of the Year could have gone either way between ME2 and RDR, so I don't fault them there.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Why even have this award show in the first place? It's a joke.[/QUOTE]

what he said. the vga awards have been shite since day one and will always be so. you cant blame neil patrick harris for it being lame you cant turn shit into a sundae hoping people will eat it up.

the main reason most people turn in is for game footage and though i was glad to see the next batman , ssx and uncharted 3 it sucks that most of the footage shown was cgi and very short trailers except for 2 or 3 games.

you could see him counting down the time in his head to see how much longer hed have to suffer through that tainwreck but when you think about it that channel isnt known for quality.

I attempted to watch this show the first year they did it and it was complete and utter crap. I don't think the hosts even know what a video game is past Pong. The awards themselves don't even make sense. Madden that year won for game of the year but lost for best sports game to Nascar. So it's the best game but not the best sports game. DOES NOT COMPUTE!

Burnout-Revenge-Xbox-360-Cover.jpg

Yep.

[quote name='Psykoboy2']
Burnout-Revenge-Xbox-360-Cover.jpg

Yep.[/QUOTE]

so then thats probably what its all about then . whoever pays the most in advertising wins the "award" so they can put it on their game boxes. i know most of you could care less but there are alot of gullible people who would be moved by that.

[quote name='lokizz']so then thats probably what its all about then . whoever pays the most in advertising wins the "award" so they can put it on their game boxes. i know most of you could care less but there are alot of gullible people who would be moved by that.[/QUOTE]

I think you can say that about most award shows. The Grammy's come to mind.

[quote name='Jabrim']Completely agree, the best part of the show for me was when Michael Chiklis picked up one of the hosts and almost flashed her VAG on tv. The jokes were awful, the awards seemed staged in general, especially when Neil Patrick Harris just happen to win the voice-over and the whole monologue was already set up.[/QUOTE]
FYI in most award shows, its rehearsed so they know what to do

[quote name='Elite Bushido™']FYI in most award shows, its rehearsed so they know what to do[/QUOTE]

Yes I realize that, the VGA's were not the first award show I have ever seen. But, when you take votes for something that was suppose to still be actively going and the host wins, it just doesn't look right, coupled with how absolutely horrible the show was. I would have rather watched the MTV movie awards, at least it would have had more hot women.

The VGA's sucked the big one...

now if only that vag had made its appearance, anyone have a link to the footage of that btw?

[quote name='Brownjohn']The show always sucks. They skim over all the awards, so they can get to the advertisements. There was more time spent showing trailers for games, than handing out actual awards. Which do you think makes more money for Spike?

As far as the actual awards go, I think they did a pretty good job awarding the most appropriate games. I appreciated that they gave the best 360/ps3 awards to console exclusives, which is what it should be.[/QUOTE]

I stopped watching it last year. The awards aren't too bad, but all the crap in between is terrible... The trailers they show each year are the worst, usually showing 30 second teasers for games not coming out yet for 2-3 years. Show some gameplay, that will get me excited, not some 30 second video footage teaser...

bread's done
Back