Vib-Ribbon

I never played Vib-Ribbon. Unfortunately, this game (as well as its sequel, Vib Ripple) was only released in Japan.

I have played it. I thought it was incredible! It's almost worth modding or buying a Japanese PS to play. You can play it with the music on the disk, or any CD of your own.

I think the sequel was called "Mojib Ribbon."

yeah a newer one was released after mojib but i can't remember the name.
In this sequel you could input a picture (if you have a supported camera/phone)
and bounce all over it!

[quote name='polaricecaves']yeah a newer one was released after mojib but i can't remember the name.
In this sequel you could input a picture (if you have a supported camera/phone)
and bounce all over it![/QUOTE]
Vib-Ripple, I believe.

Yeah, Vib-Ribbon is one of my favorite music games. It's always fun experimenting with new music CDs and seeing what kind of levels they create. Oh, and no, it isn't rare. Track it down!

[quote name='Devin']I never played Vib-Ribbon. Unfortunately, this game (as well as its sequel, Vib Ripple) was only released in Japan.[/QUOTE]

Actually Vib-Ribbon got a PAL release.

You don't have to buy a Japanese PS1, you just need a mod chip for your regular US PS1.

I've been wondering if there was a something made for the PS1 that allowed you to play imports with modding your system, such as Action Replay's freeloader for the GC/PS2.

[quote name='Vinny']You don't have to buy a Japanese PS1, you just need a mod chip for your regular US PS1.

I've been wondering if there was a something made for the PS1 that allowed you to play imports with modding your system, such as Action Replay's freeloader for the GC/PS2.[/QUOTE]

Yep, on older grey model ps1s there is a parallel port that a plug mod can plug into which allows you to use real ps1 games as boot discs to play imports. If you're lucky you'll find one of these at ebgames.

[quote name='Heyricochet']Yep, on older grey model ps1s there is a parallel port that a plug mod can plug into which allows you to use real ps1 games as boot discs to play imports. If you're lucky you'll find one of these at ebgames.[/QUOTE]

I have two of those for trade if anyone is interested.

bread's done
Back