Video Game Blog

xboxpat

CAG Veteran
Hey guys could you look at my blog and tell me if you like it or give me some tips to make it better or something here is the link if you want to Its pretty new so help would be greatly apreciated :D

It SCREAMS amateur blog made in about 30 seconds as an afterthought by it's owner.

Also, the URL is stupid, but it is pretty hard to get any good address on blogspot these days.

Hmm, I like how you keep the blogs short and to the point but throw some pictures in there! Maybe think about changing your background to a lighter color as well.

[quote name='darthbudge']It SCREAMS amateur blog made in about 30 seconds as an afterthought by it's owner.

Also, the URL is stupid, but it is pretty hard to get any good address on blogspot these days.[/quote]

Could you help me make it look not amateur?

[quote name='JMEPO']Hmm, I like how you keep the blogs short and to the point but throw some pictures in there! Maybe think about changing your background to a lighter color as well.[/quote]
Ok thanks

[quote name='xboxpat']Could you help me make it look not amateur?[/quote]

Well, it has been a LONG time since I worked on any Blogspot blogs. However, what makes it look amateurish is because that is one of the default themes, as well as just looking shitty. Is there a way to get a custom theme on there? If so, you either need to make one, or get a nice one from the internet somewhere. Something that looks nice and is also very well put together.

Finally, it seems that it is more of just a personal blog with video games as it's main theme as opposed to a video game news blog, it doesn't matter which one it is, but you will need to make up your mind.

[quote name='darthbudge']Well, it has been a LONG time since I worked on any Blogspot blogs. However, what makes it look amateurish is because that is one of the default themes. Is there a way to get a custom theme on there? If so, you either need to make one, or get a nice one from the internet somewhere. Something that looks nice and is also very well put together.

Finally, it seems that it is more of just a personal blog with video games as it's main theme as opposed to a video game news blog, it doesn't matter which one it is, but you will need to make up your mind.[/quote]

Im new at this so i dont know how to change the scheme

[quote name='xboxpat']Im new at this so i dont know how to change the scheme[/quote]

I would suggest that you then go take some time and learn how to use the Admin CP. Nobody can help with that, you just need to experiment with it.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']It looks awful. I don't know anything about changing that, but ... it looks awful.[/quote]

Jeez give the guy a break man. He just needs to get some good blogs in there, the overall layout doesn't look awful to me.

That color combination is hard to read (for me). I have a color deficiency, so I don't know if it's hard for others.

[quote name='JMEPO']Much better. Now make a custom background in the same colors and add some pictures to those blogs![/quote]

How do i add a background picture?

OK tell me if you like the new background (no posts yet i had to get rid of them to change template) link in my sig

The banner at the top is the first thing you see, and it looks really amateurish and kind of turns me away immediately.

Second, that color scheme is tough to read, and with the ads everywhere, it's hard to tell where the actual articles begin and end. That's going to be a problem.

Finally, I really recommend working on your grammar, punctuation, and spelling. There's nothing that screams "amateur blog" more than grammatical errors, and on a personal level, seeing poorly written articles makes me completely uninterested in an article and/or site.

I applaud the efforts, but there are a number of areas that need work.

(And no, this is not "being mean". You specifically asked for feedback, there it is. The whole blog is in need of a revamp.)

bread's done
Back