Video game collection on ebay going for more than a $1,000,000.00

He doesn't want to sell, if he did he would at least part it down to system lots.

He's either gloating or pulling the whole "SEE honey, I tried to sell it but no one can afford this massive collection. I guess I'll just have to keep it."

Dude knows he's not gonna sell it for 1.2 million. That just attracts attention, and attention makes people make offers on either everything or individual items...pretty smart I guess.

[quote name='confoosious']just another loser seeking attention.[/QUOTE]
Yup.

Noticed that most of the complete sets are of Japanese releases, which, for the most part, aren't worth as much to us Westerners.

Anyone who pays that much for this is insane. Unless you a billionaire and have a spare million laying around to spend on video games. Not to mention the $1200 in shipping costs. This has to be the craziest eBay auction I have ever seen.

[quote name='Survivalism']No Stadium Events or NES World Championships? Sue him for false advertisement.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering if that one would be in the collection.. That would make it one heck of a complete set.

[quote name='Survivalism']No Stadium Events?[/QUOTE]

Family Trainer Running Stadium Bandai 1986/12/23 4900 Family Trainer

[quote name='parkerpic']I was wondering if that one would be in the collection.. That would make it one heck of a complete set.[/QUOTE]

Not really , the PAL version of stadium events is not worth nearly as much as the US release.

Yeah, Running Stadium/World Class Track Meet and Stadium Events may be the same game, but they're hardly the same. He's trying to sell it as a complete set when it's just not, that's all.

[quote name='Scorch']Family Trainer Running Stadium Bandai 1986/12/23 4900 Family Trainer[/QUOTE]

Yeah but that and Stadium Events can hardly be considered the same thing. Hell, everyone owns a copy of World Class Track Meet. He's selling it as a complete set when it's just not, that's all.

There was a guy I once heard of, he was a friend of a friend in the St. Louis area, someone connected to DreamTR I think if you know who that is, I believe he was an Asian fellow named Shou Sama. Anyways, before he moved to Japan and sold it all, this guy literally had everything, ever, period. Rarities, prototypes, obscurities from the beginning of video game history through maybe the PS2 era. I remember seeing pictures once, and it was just totally unbelievable the kind of stuff this guy had. There was literally nothing missing. Last time I heard anything about him, he was moving to Japan and having a hard time selling his stuff, since so much of it was priceless, and it's hard to find a buyer with the kind of funds to pay what that kind of collection would be worth. I think he did eventually find a buyer in California.

Seeing as how the auction location is France, it could be nobody else except Adol. He's a well-known import game collector who'se been collecting for a long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long time. He can usually be found on the Assembler forums. No question that all of that is his and it's all real. He has stuff nobody else has or is very hard to get. If it's out there, good chance he has it in his collection. Keep in mind, he says it's only his Nintendo/Sega/NEC portions of his collection lol.

Ebay takes 9% of both sales and shipping, but caps out somewhere. I wanna say under $100, but I'm sure I'm wrong.

[quote name='Porksta']Ebay takes 9% of both sales and shipping, but caps out somewhere. I wanna say under $100, but I'm sure I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

Last time I checked, it was $50. Might've gone up.

Couldn't it have been a troll? This stuff happened all the time in the past unless the seller had a per-approval process for the buyer.

Whoever bought it is either very stupid or just has too much money.

Yeah, I'm not a huge collector in japanese release. I have a quite a few japan release games (FF1,2,3,4,5,6, Mother 1,2 and other RPG games) but that's it. I wouldn't pay 1.2 million for this collection. The fun part of collecting is finding the games not buying an entire lot of it.

This must be a real life example of Toy Story . . . It would likely be a Japanese buyer and someone who already knows about this guy's collection. Or, who flew in to view it.

So if any of the sets aren't actually complete, will there be a not-as-described claim? :bouncy:

I would have completed the deal outside of ebay. With that type of money I would not want ebay/paypal involved.

[quote name='TiKi2']I would have completed the deal outside of ebay. With that type of money I would not want ebay/paypal involved.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, seriously. I mean, they often freeze all money in an account for a small dispute and if they close your account, your money "disappears" (ie, they keep it).

bread's done
Back