Video Game Collection Tracker For OCD Gamers

Unassuming Local Guy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
The reason I never stick with other collection trackers; I obsess over tracking every minutia of my collection. If I have a release of a game with some weird "#1 GAME EVAR" sticker, I want to differentiate that from the non #1 release. Basically, as detailed as possible.

So my solution has been to write my own.

I'm curious if there are any like-minded gamers out there that want to get involved in this project. I'm writing this as an ASP.NET application using Visual Studio 2008 / MS SQL Server 2008. It's very much in the early stages. I have it to a point where I'm tracking releases and uploading images. The next step is to start tracking purchases.

Let me be clear that I don't intend to compete with other trackers out there, including the upcoming CAG collection software. I just want something to suit my needs.

well if you want to code because you want to code, that's fine and I understand but to make something that something else has already done, then why?

I have the collectorz Game version and I'm sure there are custom fields you can edit plus you don't have to stick with whatever they pull from the network, it's just a place to start with and you can edit everything the record has.

I've done it with alot of titles they don't have.

Anyways, best of luck! Good experience to code something.

I was planning on doing something along these lines for my game purchases (which would ultimately also function as something of a collection system), but never got beyond throwing together a few forms in .NET and building some tables in the DB. I wish you luck.

Meh, do it in Java or something that's free for anyone to chip in... I'd help but I don't use Visual Studio and I don't have Windows at home...

Thread is at least one year old.

By the way, kinda suspicious about the "found". It's seems that he only register to post about that...

bread's done
Back