Video Game Controller Storage - What are the best ideas out there?

hedliniv

CAGiversary!
How do you guys store your controllers?  

I have NES, GameCube, Wii remotes, Wii Classic Controller, Wii U Pro Controllers and now there will be a new batch coming to the house with the Switch on top of all the AV remotes.  I am worried about them getting busted up and broken by getting shoved in a drawer snd getting knocked around.  There has to be a better way....

Are there any really good ideas out there?  I can't believe I can not find anything on Amazon during a quick search.  Out of sight boxed storage would be best...

I've seen a few people create custom racks and things of that nature. I don't have the ability to upload photos (I'm at work) but I know there was a few pics going around in a thread somewhere.

One simple method is to just buy a big piece of pegboard from home depot or somewhere. You can buy plastic or rubber coated hooks (so the controllers don't get scratched) and hang them on those. The U-shaped hooks I'm referring to work great for any Dualshock controllers or Xbox Controllers but might have a little difficulty with NES controllers because of the shape. You can also get hooks like that, that drill directly into a wall or piece of wood.

Only other thing that pops in my mind quickly is a hat rack, one of those long ones that run vertically and are designed to hang several hats straight up and down, if the hooks are sturdy enough you might be able to hang controllers from them or use a rubber band to loop the coiled wiring to the hook. 

I know you wanted boxed and out of sight, but to me that's the equivalent of sticking them in a drawer somewhere and the only thing I can think of as far as organizing that way would be to have some kind of silverware partitions or something that allow you to separate things into individual spaces. 

Last edited by a moderator:
How much are you looking to spend? I keep all of mine separated in stackable bins, but if you want to have something a bit more functional for your space you can pick up a storage organizer that have pull out compartments or you can just get a storage organizer and go to the Container Store and pick up some cheaper bins. I like the stackables because I live in a small apartment so my games and controller don't cause much clutter.

bread's done
Back