Video Game KickStarters for CCG Fans

mbrown3

CAGiversary!
These are a couple of video game Kickstarter campaigns for collectible card game (CCG) fans. These are NOT affiliate links, nor am I associated with either campaign in any way.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1661433091/eminence-xanders-tales

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/840772947/battle-realms-legends

Cheapy Edit:
Many seem to be against having video game KS projects in this forum.  I'm happy to have the community vote and discuss the issue in a dedicated thread, but not here please.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/336488-should-we-allow-kickstarters-in-the-vgd-forum/

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh, heh
......Flyers fan.
Oh damn

tumblr_lihssbruRl1qg39ewo1_500.gif

I'm sorry. What do you think I'm being defiant about? I just re-read through all of the rules and there is nothing there about these kinds of deals not being allowed. Please advise.

i gotta give it to op, defiant to the end, and calling out the mods

Looking through the threads here, many of the threads are not what would be considered traditional "deals", as in sales. So why is this any different? Also there is no other place for these kinds of deals. It's not news, and it's not non-gaming.

Sheesh. Lots of hostility for trying to draw attention to some games that I thought GAMERS might appreciate. Even cheap ass ones.

Not a video game deal. I miss Mr_hat.

Looking through the threads here, many of the threads are not what would be considered traditional "deals", as in sales. So why is this any different? Also there is no other place for these kinds of deals. It's not news, and it's not non-gaming.

Sheesh. Lots of hostility for trying to draw attention to some games that I thought GAMERS might appreciate. Even cheap ass ones.
It's not a video game deal (do you see the header that says this forum is for "Video Game Deals" and "Only post specific video game deals"?) and it's a request for a donation for a product that may or may not ever exist. As such, it clearly doesn't belong here and the fact that you're too belligerent to know why it doesn't belong here is both sad and embarrassing.

A deal is, "an agreement entered into by two or more parties for their mutual benefit, especially in a business or political context."

These both qualify. I'm not sure what the problem is here. Lots of vitriol. If you don't want to back them, don't back them. But they certainly qualify as "deals" (see definition). I see no other definition posted anywhere here.

It's not a video game deal (do you see the header that says this forum is for "Video Game Deals" and "Only post specific video game deals"?) and it's a request for a donation for a product that may or may not ever exist. As such, it clearly doesn't belong here and the fact that you're too belligerent to know why it doesn't belong here is both sad and embarrassing.

A deal is, "an agreement entered into by two or more parties for their mutual benefit, especially in a business or political context."

These both qualify. I'm not sure what the problem is here. Lots of vitriol. If you don't want to back them, don't back them. But they certainly qualify as "deals" (see definition). I see no other definition posted anywhere here.
I think the problem is that you put the thread in the wrong forum, in the VIDEO GAME forum. Whichever mod that nuked your last thread should have moved it to the right forum, before all the BS posts derailed any chance at actual conversation about the CCG.

But...why? They are both for video games.

And thanks for not just flaming like the rest of the folks that don't know what the word "deals" actually means.

I think the problem is that you put the thread in the wrong forum, in the VIDEO GAME forum. Whichever mod that nuked your last thread should have moved it to the right forum, before all the BS posts derailed any chance at actual conversation about the CCG.

Context, my friend.

On this site, a "deal" is a discount. EX.: a $59.99 video game for $39.99.

Does this kickstarter guarantee me a discount on a video game purchase--right now? If not, post elsewhere.

Then this should be stated outright. I've been here for years and there have been LOTS of threads posted for things that weren't technically "discounts", but still qualified as "deals".

It seems to me that if this thread doesn't fit your limited scope of the word, then you should read elsewhere.

Context, my friend.

On this site, a "deal" is a discount. EX.: a $59.99 video game for $39.99.

Does this kickstarter guarantee me a discount on a video game purchase--right now? If not, post elsewhere.

This is a really peculiar thread.

Anyway on topic:
Thanks OP I love CCG's I think Heartstone and having Magic online (on consoles) has really solidified it into a competent genre on consoles. 

I'm not sure why it's off topic. Look up the definition of the word "deals" and you'll note that this certainly applies. But, as htz notes, it was given the green light by CheapyD. Please don't turn it into another argument.

I find this response funny considering the OP is off topic.

Yeah and I've been playing another Kickstarter-funded game, War of Omens, that is addictive as crap. I'm not sure if it's been fully released yet or not, but if you like CCGs, it's really well done.

This is a really peculiar thread.

Anyway on topic:
Thanks OP I love CCG's I think Heartstone and having Magic online (on consoles) has really solidified it into a competent genre on consoles.

Deal: an agreement entered into by two or more parties for their mutual benefit, especially in a business or political context.

So, yes. As long as it's a video game, I don't see why it wouldn't apply.

so out of curiosity would posting the kickstarter for any game be considered a "deal"?

Deal: an agreement entered into by two or more parties for their mutual benefit, especially in a business or political context.

So, yes. As long as it's a video game, I don't see why it wouldn't apply.
you shouldve stopped your defense with permission from cheapyD, giving that definition just means anything i buy is a deal.

Anything you buy IS a deal, technically. I don't make the rules of language. The larger issue is trying to get to the spirit of the law rather than the letter of it.

Regardless, let's keep the discussion on topic. If you have no interest in CCGs or Kickstarters, or don't like the thread, feel free not to read it.

you shouldve stopped your defense with permission from cheapyD, giving that definition just means anything i buy is a deal.

You could say, "not a discount" if you want, but (again) it actually IS a deal.

Please let's keep this on topic of CCGs.

I'm a little burned out on Hearthstone so I'm looking forward to both of these games. And many "CCGs" aren't actually CCGs...they're card battle games, but don't entail any actual collecting. I far prefer the kind where you actually collect cards and build your deck accordingly.

Gonna start using this new acronym: NADBDC(Not a deal but don't care) for topics like this.

exactly this will be my only post in this thread but I agree with you completely cause these games arent made or released yet and are not on sale but instead the Msrp that set once released. So in that theory that means that everyone could post a Msrp thread for every single game that has a preorder. Example assassin creed unity could have 5 different preorder threads at Msrp since 5 different stores at least has it at Msrp for preorder. So yea this thread belong more in the video game discussion forum in my honest opinion but it ain't my say that why this the only post I will put in this thread.

bread's done
Back