Video Game Music + Wedding = Teh Win?

the halo 3 soundtrack is really good it helped me get through the slower parts in the game. and the only other song i can think of is raining blood by the band slayer from guitar hero 3.(hey its in a game :) )

Some of my picks would be (not in any particular order):
1. Final Fantasy - Vocal Collections I - Pray - Once You Meet Her
2. Final Fantasy - Vocal Collections II - Love Will Grow - Love Will Grow
3. Final Fantasy - Vocal Collections II - Love Will Grow - Estrelas
4. Final Fantasy IV - Celtic Moon - Trojan Beauty
5. Final Fantasy IV - Celtic Moon - Theme of Love
6. Sega Piano Nocturne - I Just Smile (Piano ver.)
7. Gyakuten Meets Orchestra - Fragrance of Dark Coffee
8. Chrono Trigger - The Brink of Time - Secret of Forest (jazz remix)

And if you're willing to include anime:
1. Macross Plus - More Than 3CM
2. Escaflowne - Hitomi Theme
3. Escaflowne - Again

And finally a non game nor anime suggestion is:
The Dan Band - Total Eclipse of the Heart :)

Edit: Whoa, didn't realize how old this thread is. Did you get married already OP?

I was just at a wedding a few months ago where they played music from the orchestrated Zelda album, and a few other things. I can honestly say that I've never been more embarrassed for a pair of human beings in my entire life. It got worse when themes from Inuyasha and Naruto (or at least, that's what I was told they were) started playing.

Just stick with Canon in D, for the love of decency.

[quote name='PINKO']I can tell right now that this marriage is not going to last[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that, I called if off this morning. My fiance understood my reasons, I'm much happier now. That was a close call Pinko, what would I have done without you?

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Thanks for that, I called if off this morning. My fiance understood my reasons, I'm much happier now. That was a close call Pinko, what would I have done without you?[/quote]

Seriously, when is the wedding?

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Thanks for that, I called if off this morning. My fiance understood my reasons, I'm much happier now. That was a close call Pinko, what would I have done without you?[/QUOTE]

Ha ha. :) Also, not sure if it was a typo, but fiance is male. Fiancee is female.

[quote name='StinkyCheese']Seriously, when is the wedding?[/QUOTE]

Wedding is September 21, rapidly approaching. We were in a lull planning wise, but now that it's getting closer, it is starting to get busy again.

Backlash, I had no idea there was a difference! So it wasn't technically a typo, but, yes, I have a fiancee, not a fiance. Sorry lilboo.

[quote name='BattleChicken']Wedding is this weekend! How are you feeling? Plans go OK?[/QUOTE]

Feeling good, pretty excited. We were fairly organized I think so we aren't running around crazily this last week. I'll certainly be happy when the whole thing is over, but the planning wasn't nearly as stressful as I expected.

Good luck this weekend! I just noticed you're getting married on Sunday... a bit odd. But I hope everything goes great. Let us know the final song list :)

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Feeling good, pretty excited. We were fairly organized I think so we aren't running around crazily this last week. I'll certainly be happy when the whole thing is over, but the planning wasn't nearly as stressful as I expected.[/quote]

Sweet -- After things get back to normal after the wedding/honeymoon, let us know how things went.

Good luck, Have fun!

Wedding was great, I actually surprised myself at how good a time I had. The day really matched what we had in mind. Very relaxed atmosphere, people spent a lot of time outside and we even managed to get in a game of bocce.

As for the music, we had some, but sort of chickened out a little. We hired a classical guitar player for the ceremony and the cocktail hour. We had him play some semi unconventional stuff for the ceremony:

The bridal party walked in to "Morning Has Broken" by Cat Stevens (which is what my parents walked into for their wedding so my mom was crying right off the bat)
The bride walked in to "Fairest of the Seasons" by Nico which sounded great on a classical style guitar.

For the cocktail hour we had him throw in some video game songs, mainly from FF III (IV) along with everything else he was playing.

Overall a huge success, once I get my photo dvd from the photographer, I could post some images if people are interested.

Oh, and married life is great. We are looking for our first home now, so no rest for us lately. It's kinda funny, even though we were dating for 7 years before we got married, and we had been living together already, it still felt a little different and 'official' once we tied the knot.

Theme of Legend of Zelda or anything of FF3 (FF6). If you want to get really creative use the Bubble Man theme from Mega Man 2.

[quote name='Jangofatt']My wife insisted that I used the Wedding theme from Martimelee. It's the boss theme (Matrimelee March) that so happens to be a techo remix of the wedding march. You should have seen everyone's faces.[/quote]

I remember that game. I still want a copy of it.

[quote name='dan13l858']Theme of Legend of Zelda or anything of FF3 (FF6). If you want to get really creative use the Bubble Man theme from Mega Man 2.[/quote]

:lol:

Yeah Mr Unoriginal, you should definitely use those suggestions for your wedding.

[quote name='Backlash']Don't post any pictures unless you look like your avatar. Otherwise we will all be devestated. Also, congrats![/QUOTE]

Haha well the avatar is me, so I think they will look like that. Unfortunately no hat or suspenders at the wedding.

Some friends of my wife got married, and most of the music was music from Super Smash Brothers Brawl or Melee, I'm not sure. The music was from the live orchestration performance in japan, and it was beautiful, and no one thought it was unusual. Just an idea to point out. I apologize that I cannot remember what the music was exactly.

[quote name='Gden']Some friends of my wife got married, and most of the music was music from Super Smash Brothers Brawl or Melee, I'm not sure. The music was from the live orchestration performance in japan, and it was beautiful, and no one thought it was unusual. Just an idea to point out. I apologize that I cannot remember what the music was exactly.[/QUOTE]

I know the CD you are talking about, I have it, it's the orchestration that came with Nintendo Power a few years ago.

The wedding is over, so I don't need anymore reccomendations, but thanks.

bread's done
Back