Video Game Picture Quiz

got about half of them.... would have had more but some I couldn't seem to spell right :?

well I think I'm done with 48.... I recoginze some of the other ones left but can't figure out what they are

I got 22, including a game that I actually worked on.

Complaints: One sequel game it only gave me after using its subtitle rather than the series name, even though that worked for others in the quiz. One of the title is obviously Bomberman but they seem to think it has some other Euro name. Others are much too exacting on spelling requirements, miss a hyphen and it doesn't count.

Edit: Increased score to 23 with repeated guesses on a theme. I knew who the company was but not the exact game.

Make that 23.

Now I'm up to 29. I know I recognize some of these but I can't seem t offer a name it likes.

Hah, 30 but only after trying the same answer on five different locations.

[quote name='epobirs']I got 22, including a game that I actually worked on.

Complaints: One sequel game it only gave me after using its subtitle rather than the series name, even though that worked for others in the quiz. One of the title is obviously Bomberman but they seem to think it has some other Euro name. Others are much too exacting on spelling requirements, miss a hyphen and it doesn't count.

Edit: Increased score to 23 with repeated guesses on a theme. I knew who the company was but not the exact game.[/quote]

I agree about the Bomberman (and the exact names that are required). Someone posted the Bomberman game as Dyna Blaster?

[quote name='davidmt'][quote name='epobirs']I got 22, including a game that I actually worked on.

Edit: Increased score to 23 with repeated guesses on a theme. I knew who the company was but not the exact game.[/quote]

I agree about the Bomberman (and the exact names that are required). Someone posted the Bomberman game as Dyna Blaster?[/quote]

That's what it was? I tried every damned combination I could possibly think of.

[quote name='KrazyKefka'][quote name='davidmt'][quote name='epobirs']I got 22, including a game that I actually worked on.

I agree about the Bomberman (and the exact names that are required). Someone posted the Bomberman game as Dyna Blaster?[/quote]

That's what it was? I tried every damned combination I could possibly think of.[/quote]

that was my response when I read what it was

Woo-Hoo! I got a 24. But it took me ten minutes of staring at the screens. I like this quiz... it doesn't mess you up with giving you the answers after you submit.

If anyone wants to know what i guessed... let me know. I'll post them. Otherwise I'm gonna keep going.

Helyes!

[quote name='KrazyKefka'][quote name='davidmt'][quote name='epobirs']I got 22, including a game that I actually worked on.

That's what it was? I tried every damned combination I could possibly think of.[/quote]

I didn't know this, but Bomberman was released under the name Dyna Blaster on the PC. Possibly only in the UK or somewhere, not sure.

[quote name='TurkeyOnRye']Woo-Hoo! I got a 24. But it took me ten minutes of staring at the screens. I like this quiz... it doesn't mess you up with giving you the answers after you submit.

If anyone wants to know what i guessed... let me know. I'll post them. Otherwise I'm gonna keep going.

Helyes![/quote]

I've got another one too, I'll post it in another topic later.

[quote name='davidmt'][quote name='KrazyKefka'][quote name='davidmt'][quote name='epobirs']I got 22, including a game that I actually worked on.

I didn't know this, but Bomberman was released under the name Dyna Blaster on the PC. Possibly only in the UK or somewhere, not sure.[/quote]

Hmmm, interesting. Can't say that I knew that either. Thanks for sharing.

[quote name='davidmt'][quote name='epobirs']I got 22, including a game that I actually worked on.

I had it on the Amiga long ago but I couldn't remmeber the name. It supported four players with a device that connected two standard joysticks to the parallel port.

[quote name='epobirs'][quote name='davidmt'][quote name='epobirs']I got 22, including a game that I actually worked on.

I had it on the Amiga long ago but I couldn't remmeber the name. It supported four players with a device that connected two standard joysticks to the parallel port.[/quote]

that could be why I'd never heard of it, because I never have used an amiga or known anyone that had one

[quote name='extzed'][quote name='epobirs'][quote name='davidmt'][quote name='epobirs']I got 22, including a game that I actually worked on.

I had it on the Amiga long ago but I couldn't remmeber the name. It supported four players with a device that connected two standard joysticks to the parallel port.[/quote]

that could be why I'd never heard of it, because I never have used an amiga or known anyone that had one[/quote]

A lot of Euro games have different names. Usually because the title would be confusing to thos ein other regions (for a game from a Euro developer) or there is a conflict with another title. I believe that is what happened with Bomberman, which had been published under that name on the Famicom/NES.

[quote name='extzed'][quote name='epobirs'][quote name='davidmt'][quote name='epobirs']I got 22, including a game that I actually worked on.

that could be why I'd never heard of it, because I never have used an amiga or known anyone that had one[/quote]

A lot of Euro games have different names. Usually because the title would be confusing to thos ein other regions (for a game from a Euro developer) or there is a conflict with another title. I believe that is what happened with Bomberman, which had been published under that name on the Famicom/NES.

Hint: one of the other games up there was the first big original game title on the Amiga. (I worked for the US company that created it.)

I got 18. I was never a big PC gamer, but I did recognize Doom 2 and Starcraft.

Anyone that got Final Fantasy 7 wrong should be German Suplexed 10 times.

[quote name='epobirs']Hint: one of the other games up there was the first big original game title on the Amiga. (I worked for the US company that created it.)[/quote]

Wizard of Wor?

It could be worse. I can think of a fair number of Euro games that were quite popular there but obscure here. I only knew about them because I got a lot of the British gaming magazines back then.

[quote name='epobirs']Hint: one of the other games up there was the first big original game title on the Amiga. (I worked for the US company that created it.)[/quote]

would that be defender of the crown?

I got 24 also (The Bomberman man one tripped me up as well, that was stupid of them to use the rare name of the PC port). The question is, how do you get the answers after you're done?

[quote name='Rodimus Donut'][quote name='epobirs']Hint: one of the other games up there was the first big original game title on the Amiga. (I worked for the US company that created it.)[/quote]

Wizard of Wor?[/quote]

That was a Midway arcade machine from years earlier. I said original, as in 'had not previously appeared anywhere else.'

Further hint: This game was revived and released on current consoles in 2003 with a slight name change.

[quote name='extzed'][quote name='epobirs']Hint: one of the other games up there was the first big original game title on the Amiga. (I worked for the US company that created it.)[/quote]

would that be defender of the crown?[/quote]

Ding Ding Ding!

[quote name='davidmt']Cinemaware would be the company :)[/quote]

Trivia time: At the time it was published the company name was Master Designer Software, of which Cinemaware was a product line. The guys who created the quiz probably still think of it as a Mirrorsoft game.

Damn, I should know all of these from reading if not playing but I'm still missing eight of them.

1, 3, 18, 20, 22, 27, 36, and 39 still evade me.

Twenty four right the first time through. About 8 of those were random guesses that were surprisingly right on the money.

bread's done
Back