Video Game Posters

Smokeytb

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm looking for some video game posters. Anyone know where I can buy some online of B&M?

allposters.com doesn't carry any.
I tried eBay, but after shipping they come to around $20 a poster.

Thanks.

Not really regarding posters, but if you go to stores and ask about display stands, they might let you have some or put your name down and call you when they're done with this. I do this all the time, I have a San Andreas and MK:D display stand waiting for me (whenever the store is done with them), and I have a Riddick stand as well as a Scorpion MK:D HUGE stand (with him shooting out the spear) sitting behind me in my room right now.

Allposters.com actually does have some, but they are mainly Final Fantasy ones (and I think one for The Bouncer). A quick search on google yielded no meaningful results.

[quote name='Scorch']Not really regarding posters, but if you go to stores and ask about display stands, they might let you have some or put your name down and call you when they're done with this. I do this all the time, I have a San Andreas and MK:D display stand waiting for me (whenever the store is done with them), and I have a Riddick stand as well as a Scorpion MK:D HUGE stand (with him shooting out the spear) sitting behind me in my room right now.[/quote]

I completely agree with this. The manager at the local EB lets me take ALL of their displays! :) :lol: :) I just went down there and picked up: Paper Mario display, Pokemon Red/Greeen box display, Fable poster, Leisure Suit Larry HUGE poster, Donkey Konga box display. I love them so much! I can't wait to take home that big Metroid Prime 2 display, with Samus in the dark suit! =P~

[quote name='Rig'][quote name='Scorch']Not really regarding posters, but if you go to stores and ask about display stands, they might let you have some or put your name down and call you when they're done with this. I do this all the time, I have a San Andreas and MK:D display stand waiting for me (whenever the store is done with them), and I have a Riddick stand as well as a Scorpion MK:D HUGE stand (with him shooting out the spear) sitting behind me in my room right now.[/quote]

I completely agree with this. The manager at the local EB lets me take ALL of their displays! :) :lol: :) I just went down there and picked up: Paper Mario display, Pokemon Red/Greeen box display, Fable poster, Leisure Suit Larry HUGE poster, Donkey Konga box display. I love them so much! I can't wait to take home that big Metroid Prime 2 display, with Samus in the dark suit! =P~[/quote]

I'm not like that, I'll take one at a time.. they still have the Paper Mario display in the store.. maybe i'll check later today if they want to get rid of it. That's my former boss as well, so he gives me pretty top dibs, but as always, if he wants it, I'll be more than happy to let him have it. He's such a nice guy.

*stares at the spinning MK:D logo on the display in a trance*

Some magazines, (Electronic Gaming Monthly, perhaps?) have poster inserts. I've got a few up in my gaming lair: Tekken, Mace Griffon, Unreal Championship. Not real high quality, but still pretty cool for the intended purpose.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='Rig'][quote name='Scorch']Not really regarding posters, but if you go to stores and ask about display stands, they might let you have some or put your name down and call you when they're done with this. I do this all the time, I have a San Andreas and MK:D display stand waiting for me (whenever the store is done with them), and I have a Riddick stand as well as a Scorpion MK:D HUGE stand (with him shooting out the spear) sitting behind me in my room right now.[/quote]

I completely agree with this. The manager at the local EB lets me take ALL of their displays! :) :lol: :) I just went down there and picked up: Paper Mario display, Pokemon Red/Greeen box display, Fable poster, Leisure Suit Larry HUGE poster, Donkey Konga box display. I love them so much! I can't wait to take home that big Metroid Prime 2 display, with Samus in the dark suit! =P~[/quote]

It's not like I force them to give them to me. I am good friends with the manager at the local EB. She knows that I like their displays and such, and she and her employees don't want them. She stores them away for me, otherwise they would go to the trash. Yeah, I like the MK display too. :)

I'm not like that, I'll take one at a time.. they still have the Paper Mario display in the store.. maybe i'll check later today if they want to get rid of it. That's my former boss as well, so he gives me pretty top dibs, but as always, if he wants it, I'll be more than happy to let him have it. He's such a nice guy.

*stares at the spinning MK:D logo on the display in a trance*[/quote]

how big are these posters that you are talking about? i have some old small posters that used to come inside of games back in the day. im looking to get rid of em but i dont know if thats the kind ur talking about.

[quote name='mobster011']how big are these posters that you are talking about? i have some old small posters that used to come inside of games back in the day. im looking to get rid of em but i dont know if thats the kind ur talking about.[/quote]

big ass posters.
not the folded crap that comes with magazines, but the larger movie/music posters that are rolled up.

For my birthday one year when I was really young, my dad and brother got me a James and the Giant Peach poster. Mind you, I'm talking about the one they use on buses. I literally could not fit the whole thing on any one side of my pointlessly small room.

play asia has a lot of posters for recent games, but if it is cool looking you gotta jump on them quick.

I recently picked up the Onimusha 3 poster from them and it looks really nice hanging in my room

My b/f has some old ones. Back in the NES days, most games came with small fold-out posters, usually of the game, and the back of the poster were usually big ads.

[quote name='6669']My b/f has some old ones. Back in the NES days, most games came with small fold-out posters, usually of the game, and the back of the poster were usually big ads.[/quote]

Yeah I have a bunch of those from SNES games.

i got a MK:Deception display and Fable display in my room. i have 5 posters (GTA SA, Midnight Club 3, X-Men Legends, Halo 2, and THUG 2). we would have thrown them away / i called them at work, so i wanted them. go to GameStop and ask if someone has called a certain display / poster you want. if no one has then you get it (at least that is how it works at the one i work at). good luck though, people can call these things really quickly and they usually come in during the morning hours.

you might be interested in some wall scrolls. I dont know of any sites off hand, but most sites that carry anime wall scrolls will have some video game ones as well. I got one of solid snake up right now. and he looks pissed.....

OR

become good friends with a manager at an EB, or gamestop and leech some promos off them. This may prove difficult though, as 99/100 game store employees I have ever met are socially inept gaming snobs.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']play asia has a lot of posters for recent games, but if it is cool looking you gotta jump on them quick.

I recently picked up the Onimusha 3 poster from them and it looks really nice hanging in my room[/quote]

Thanks, they do have some nice posters.

And they also sell instant noodles for some reason. :shock:

[quote name='Smokeytb'][quote name='CaseyRyback']play asia has a lot of posters for recent games, but if it is cool looking you gotta jump on them quick.

I recently picked up the Onimusha 3 poster from them and it looks really nice hanging in my room[/quote]

Thanks, they do have some nice posters.

And they also sell instant noodles for some reason. :shock:[/quote]

3 bucks shipping for noodles with hello kitty on them is awesome.

and it usually takes about two weeks to get something from them, but the majority of stuff I have gotten has been in good condition. My poster did have a ding in the one corner, but I cut that part off to fit it in the frame (it is like an inch off on each side)

bread's done
Back