Video Game Pricing Website

jjgames

CAGiversary!
I just launched a website with video game prices and charts of their past prices. We are trying to make it easy for people to know what prices to pay for video games.

I know CAG is the place for video game deals and finding the best prices so you guys know this kind of thing best.

Let me know what you like, don't like, would like to see to make the site better for you. Anything. We really do want to make this site a great source for people.

www.videogamepricecharts.com is the website

Great idea.

Since prices flucuate so much I actually track Ebay prices on my own for games I am interested in. This way I don't over pay. So your site interests me.

If I could make a suggestion... Since prices vary so much (for the same game)due to condition, completeness, etc. it would be nice to see the ranges for each game. Maybe as simple as categories such as: Sealed, Complete, Cart (disc) only. I don't know how you are compiling data so this may not be a worthwhile step for you, but it would be nice to see.

Very cool, but I also think that it would be nice if it weren't just one flat price without regard to condition. A new sealed game has way more value to me than a used one that has a missing case/manual and a disc that is grimy and scuffed up.

[quote name='scsg75']pretty neat site. Nice idea as well.[/QUOTE]
My Lakers beat the snot out of your Suns! on their home opener! Yeah BOOOOYYYYYYY!

[quote name='ricoraney']My Lakers beat the snot out of your Suns! on their home opener! Yeah BOOOOYYYYYYY![/quote]

Who did the Lakers lose to in the Playoffs the last 2 years?

[quote name='Dragon_Master']good site i think a search by system would be nice[/quote]

Great idea. We were thinking of the same thing too. Allowing you to browse by system and genre. Good to know someone else thought it would be a good idea too.

[quote name='KillingMachine']Very cool, but I also think that it would be nice if it weren't just one flat price without regard to condition. A new sealed game has way more value to me than a used one that has a missing case/manual and a disc that is grimy and scuffed up.[/quote]

Thanks for the idea about condition (and you to kell). That is a great idea and might be feasible too.

[quote name='hollowfreak']better hosting of your site ... heh good luck with it ... I think we killed it[/quote]

Yes, our servers just crashed. Too many people accessing this site and another one we have on the same server. Sorry for any problems for people. We are trying to get it back up at full speed again

Darnit, didn't get to see anything before the server crash. Great idea for a site, I track some games I'm interested in on excel. Fun stuff. Good luck with your site. Cheers :)

[quote name='ricoraney']My Lakers beat the snot out of your Suns! on their home opener! Yeah BOOOOYYYYYYY![/quote]

talk to me when the playoffs roll around and we'll see how your Lakers are doing then.

[quote name='pcktlnt']Darnit, didn't get to see anything before the server crash. Great idea for a site, I track some games I'm interested in on excel. Fun stuff. Good luck with your site. Cheers :)[/quote]

We are back live again and been running for about 24 hours without any problems. We had to move to a new server to handle more traffic. Hopefully everything runs smoothly.

Again, please let us know what you think of the site.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Very good idea. Can't wait for your catalogue to expand.

You need to add a "browse by console" feature.[/quote]

Thanks for the comments. What games were you looking for and couldn't find? Any particular systems? I want to see about adding them if possible.

We are definitely working on a browse by console feature. And browse by genre too.

Pretty awesome site. Bookmarked for future referencing. Can't wait till the genre and console feature come up.

PS - I searched for Okami (PS2), Nocturne (PS2), Simant (SNES). Those did not show up.

great idea.. i felt like it was missing a thing or two though. soon you should allow users to add games by themselves. theres so many games it makes it hard to keep track of all the ones that are changing prices.

the separation of whether they are disc only, complete or sealed is a good idea as well i think. other than that keep up the good work.

[quote name='pcktlnt']Pretty awesome site. Bookmarked for future referencing. Can't wait till the genre and console feature come up.

PS - I searched for Okami (PS2), Nocturne (PS2), Simant (SNES). Those did not show up.[/quote]
I have added these three games to our database. They will start being priced starting tomorrow morning. Thanks for those missing titles.

After we add the browse by system and genre capabilities, we would like to add a feature for people to add games they don't see in the database. Would you like a feature like that?

[quote name='phear3d']great idea.. i felt like it was missing a thing or two though. soon you should allow users to add games by themselves. theres so many games it makes it hard to keep track of all the ones that are changing prices.[/quote]

When you say users should be able to add games do you mean, add games to the database that we don't have? Or something else?

Probably be better if you had a form where users can fill out (title/system) so you can double check the information to avoid double posting and imaginary games.

Couple of features that would be awesome:
1. Allow users to register and 'track' games. Say I'm waiting for a game to hit a certain price, it would be great if I could tell the system to email me when it hits that price.
2. Show your sources instead of just listing "2 sources" - you could make these affiliate links so that we can buy the game directly from the page and you would get a chunk of the money. Even if these are just a link to "search for this game on eBay", I wouldn't mind.

[quote name='pcktlnt']Probably be better if you had a form where users can fill out (title/system) so you can double check the information to avoid double posting and imaginary games.[/quote]

I agree. I don't want someone to add 'My brothers stupid' or something dumb like that as a game without us filtering it out.

[quote name='rendil']Couple of features that would be awesome:
1. Allow users to register and 'track' games. Say I'm waiting for a game to hit a certain price, it would be great if I could tell the system to email me when it hits that price.[/quote]

Great idea. I like that alot. I know I would use it myself even.

[quote name='rendil'] 2. Show your sources instead of just listing "2 sources" - you could make these affiliate links so that we can buy the game directly from the page and you would get a chunk of the money. Even if these are just a link to "search for this game on eBay", I wouldn't mind.[/quote]

Another good idea. I think we could do that too. We might not be able to link to exact items, but like you said it could point to the general items on Amazon, ebay, or other sites.

Affiliate revenue from those could be a nice bonus too:)

I wanted to update everyone. We added the ability to browse every game on the website by system. Just choose the system. And then look in the list for the game you want to see.
Example: Here is the Xbox 360 page.

You can filter and sort the results to pull up information you want.

As always, if you have any suggestions with this feature. Let me know.

bread's done
Back