.:[Video Game Radio]:. - What classic game tunes are your favorite?

modcase

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
.:[Video Game Radio [click here to listen]:.

I am collecting video game remixs to post for your listening enjoyment. Im trying to find which ones are more important then others, and I won't accept my own judgement entirely for this project. Which leads me to my question.

What game music would you like to hear in the radio?
.:[Hear what we have so far]:.

Here is a quick list of a few games that are available for listening online now...
(All songs are hosted with permission)
Castlevania
Chrono Cross
Chrono Trigger
Donkey Kong Country (1,2)
Doom
Dragon Warrior
Earthbound
Final Fantasy
Kirbys Dreamland
Mario
Megaman (2,3,4)
Metroid
Mike Tyson's Punchout
Ninja Gaiden
Secret of Mana
Sonic
Street Fighter
Zelda
--
---
----
Other Video Game Music Sites
OCRemix
Metroid Metal

Please submit any that you do not see listed above in this thread please.
(must be "legal" in the sense that the music you submit is not a copywrited work)

Chrono Cross - specifically, the opening was great.

This is, of course, assuming you consider PSX games classics.

hehe i would consider any great game a classic so that would fit - wow i just went to check and tell you how many remixs i had online from that game and i have 0 so that will be fixed today as well as more from chrono trigger as I only have 1 remix from that game

*smacks self* what was i thinking!

thanks for the great input :)

Edit (uploading now):
added 6 songs from Chrono Cross
added 4 songs to Chrono Trigger

It's not classic, and it's not the best of the Castlevania series, but the PS2's Castlevania: Lament of Innocence had good music. I think the music in the Anti-Souls Mystery Lab was the best (even though it didn't fit the level).

Might be too new, but if not, it's catchy scary techno.

uploading castlevania music now - starting with Castlevania 2 and working around
locating and uploading my street fighter themes for ken and vega for ya 2poor should be up within the hr

Theme from Journey to Silius (NES)

Music from the LucasArts Adventure games (Sam + Max, Day of the tentacle, the Monkey Islands, etc.)

The original Mega Man has the catchiest tunes ever in a game. Elecman and Cutman's stages in general. I also loved the music in the original Strider, the second stage in general when you have to kill the 'I GOT YOU' guy, run across the landmines and jump over the cliff as well as the music that plays during the final boss fight.

Wizards and Warriors III has a kick ass and tense theme that plays as you make your way from the underground to the last boss.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']The original Mega Man has the catchiest tunes ever in a game. Elecman and Cutman's stages in general. I also loved the music in the original Strider, the second stage in general when you have to kill the 'I GOT YOU' guy, run across the landmines and jump over the cliff as well as the music that plays during the final boss fight.

Wizards and Warriors III has a kick ass and tense theme that plays as you make your way from the underground to the last boss.[/QUOTE]

i agree all the way with you there - mega man is crazy i think DJ Pretzel from OCR was the one who said that doing your first mega man remix was a right of passage as a OCRemixer. Hes a very cool person and has made such a great site, lol i contantly listen to this stuff for some reason its as good if not more creative then the music you hear on the radio. :)

Also - you should be able to download the remixs from the radio as well. if not let me know

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Little Ninja Bros had some good music, but I don't know if OCR has anything from that game.[/QUOTE]

Very true, that is one of the biggest places I get my remixs from, I hope I can be creative and find more remixs that everyone likes in the long run, since im handpicking the ones i put in here, im sure sometimes my musical tastes and the majority of the populations might clash lol

For the longest time I have been looking for the source of a certain Zelda remix. It is a sort of "drum 'n' bass" version of the title screen theme from Zelda 1... not the overworld song, but the title screen. If you search for "Zelda remix" in any file-sharing programs, it's usually one of the first things to show up. Anyone know what I'm talking about and if there is any way to buy that on CD? I'd love to have that on an official album.

and btw I am loving this site, thanks OP!

bread's done
Back