Video Game Speculation.

G-Dog

CAGiversary!
I feel really, really dirty even thinking of this, but I have a son and a mortgage.

A few months ago I met up with an old friend of mine I knew when I worked at Gamestop in 2004. We were shooting the poo, and the value of older games came up. He pointed out that, since most Gamestop stores in the US stopped selling PS1 games, the prices of PS1 RPG's have sky rocketed on eBay. Very common games that I sold for $12 in 04 is now going to $50 in the same condition.

So, my idea is to start buying up copies of PS2 anime style RPG's now, and hope the same thing happens in three years.

Do you think this will work? Were the print runs of the obscure PS2 RPG's significantly more than PS1 RPG's?

Go invest in stocks. Seriously. Something that has happened before, might not happen again. It might be a great percentage, but you never know. If this backfires, you're pretty much screwed in deep. You need a safety net.

the payoff is big.. but you have to wait. for a long time to cash in. ps1 had its days and now its harder to find most of the games now that GS does not carry them. but as far as ps2, its not as easy as it was but you could still find a few games. you have to learn how to dig through everything. make it more of a hobby to collect them than to invest.

bread's done
Back