Video Games Live [FS] buy 2 games/save $20 coupon YMMV

1_blue_pixel

CAGiversary!
I was in Future Shop today and saw these coupons at the register. Here are some scans. On the front they are an ad for Video Games Live playing in my city.

VGLcoupon_01.jpg

But on the back....

VGLcoupon_02.jpg

(I blurred out the barcode and number in case they're individually numbered)

I'm not sure if this is a Victoria-only thing?? Or if it's available in cities across Canada??

$20.00 off for 2 games over $20.00 seems pretty good! The main thing is that these coupons are probably only available at FS in cities that Video Games Live is playing. Check Future Shop's Video Games Live site:

http://www.futureshop.ca/EN-CA/VIDEOGAMES-LIVE.ASPX

VGL_banner_en.jpg

Also, the coupon I have is only in effect from the day the show plays here (April 15-April 29). So if you find a coupon for your city it'll only be in effect starting the day VGL plays your town.

For those of us looking for a 3DS games deal, hope this helps.

(reposted from my RFD post)

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh. Interesting. I already have my ticket for the show so if I ever go to FS I'll check it out, just because I don't remember getting anything like this the last time I went to VGL.

I'm still debating to go to the Ottawa show. I've seen footage of it; it's an amazing concert. You'll mark for the games they play the music from.

I am thinking of taking my kids. How enjoyable is this if you aren't familiar with all the games? I would know all of them, my 12y/o son would know half, and my 8y/o daugher a 1/4 maybe. How long is it? Cheapest tickets here are $55 + $5 (ticket master monopoly tax) + TAX, no not really cheap.

EDIT: I am a sucker, just bought 4 tix. They had balcony tickets for $39, and the kids will think balcony is cool. Also saved the serice fee by buying directly from the Symphony.

~S

Last edited by a moderator:
I think VGL will be coming back in May for the Canadian Videogame Award show in Vancouver though probably an abbreviated show

[quote name='lustyhitter']I'm still debating to go to the Ottawa show. I've seen footage of it; it's an amazing concert. You'll mark for the games they play the music from.[/QUOTE]

I was too until I saw the price of tickets; pretty ridiculous.

[quote name='snowsquirrel']I am thinking of taking my kids. How enjoyable is this if you aren't familiar with all the games? I would know all of them, my 12y/o son would know half, and my 8y/o daugher a 1/4 maybe. How long is it? Cheapest tickets here are $55 + $5 (ticket master monopoly tax) + TAX, no not really cheap.

EDIT: I am a sucker, just bought 4 tix. They had balcony tickets for $39, and the kids will think balcony is cool. Also saved the serice fee by buying directly from the Symphony.

~S[/QUOTE]

I'm in much the same boat; I've heard of most of the games, but I've never played, say Civ IV, MGS 4 or whatever. of the current gen home consoles I only have a Wii so I haven't played most of the Xbox360/PS3 stuff. But I saw VGL on PBS last year and it was a great show if you like epic scale movie-like music.

I'm going to the show, can't wait!

I went to the show last year, it was excellent. As long as you can appreciate music performed by a symphony orchestra, you should enjoy it (all the better if you know the games, of course!).

[quote name='eday_2010']I was too until I saw the price of tickets; pretty ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the price of the tickets is the reason why I'm undecided at this point. Do I really want to pay that much for a concert?

It all depends on the Bluesfest line-up which will be announced a few days prior.

[quote name='Derfel']I went to the show last year, it was excellent. As long as you can appreciate music performed by a symphony orchestra, you should enjoy it (all the better if you know the games, of course!).[/QUOTE]

+1 for sure; I took my roommates to it a couple years ago, and even though they weren't 'hardcore' gamers they definitely enjoyed themselves. If you're a fan of orchestral music, you'll enjoy the show!

This is going to be my third time going, it's a really good orchestral concert w/ a great host in Tommy Tallarico.

There's also a merch booth if you want to buy their soundtracks or pick up some cool videogame shirts and other neat gaming stuff

bread's done
Back