Video Games Plus Online Spring Cleaning Sale

It appears that few extra games has been added to the list since the creation of the thread. Hopefully more games will added.

Deals that caught my eye:

-Atelier Iris 2, PS2, 19.99 w/ OST
-Super Swing Golf, Wii, 9.99(!)
-PSP Go Console, 199.99 in black or white
-Resident Evil 5, 360, region free, 19.99
-Demon's Souls, PS3, 39.99 (std ed)

Worth a browse, lots of titles to look at.

[quote name='Rocky071']Deals that caught my eye:

-Atelier Iris 2, PS2, 19.99 w/ OST
-Super Swing Golf, Wii, 9.99(!)
-PSP Go Console, 199.99 in black or white
-Resident Evil 5, 360, region free, 19.99
-Demon's Souls, PS3, 39.99 (std ed)

Worth a browse, lots of titles to look at.[/QUOTE]

Hah, I bit on Super Swing Golf, just so I can have a Wii game with cameltoe :roll: If it was a PS360 game I doubt I would care :lol:

[quote name='ragnar14']Hah, I bit on Super Swing Golf, just so I can have a Wii game with cameltoe :roll: If it was a PS360 game I doubt I would care :lol:[/QUOTE]Couldn't just get the sequel could you ;)?

For those interested, the sale on Demon's Souls now includes the pre-order artbook and soundtrack, for $39.99 + $2.99 shipping. I'd pull the trigger, but I already have the Deluxe Edition of Demon's Souls still sealed, as well as the pre-order bonuses :D

[quote name='game_fanatic']For those interested, the sale on Demon's Souls now includes the pre-order artbook and soundtrack, for $39.99 + $2.99 shipping. I'd pull the trigger, but I already have the Deluxe Edition of Demon's Souls still sealed, as well as the pre-order bonuses :D[/QUOTE]

great find, ordered! :D

[quote name='jeffx']God damn DHL

Can't they use Canada Post? GEEZE[/QUOTE]

Funny you mention DHL. I'm actually having an issue with my VGP.ca order that was shipped via DHL. Apparently VGP.ca put the wrong house number on the shipping label (a 5 instead of a 7), which created a lot of issues with DHL. The guy I talked to at DHL's customer service had a really thick accent and was mumbling, so I had difficulty understanding him. I'm not sure if everything has been resolved yet because the new reference number DHL gave me isn't working, but they told me that I'll receive my package today.

I probably won't order from VGP.ca again. Did they always use DHL? The last time I ordered from them was back in 2008 and I don't recall my order being shipped via DHL. AFAIK, this is actually my first experience with DHL.

I used to shop on VGP.ca frequently many years ago, but this problem has really ruined my reputation of them and with DHL's customer support.

[quote name='Kill Phil']Funny you mention DHL. I'm actually having an issue with my VGP.ca order that was shipped via DHL. Apparently VGP.ca put the wrong house number on the shipping label (a 5 instead of a 7), which created a lot of issues with DHL. The guy I talked to at DHL's customer service had a really thick accent and was mumbling, so I had difficulty understanding him. I'm not sure if everything has been resolved yet because the new reference number DHL gave me isn't working, but they told me that I'll receive my package today.

I probably won't order from VGP.ca again. Did they always use DHL? The last time I ordered from them was back in 2008 and I don't recall my order being shipped via DHL. AFAIK, this is actually my first experience with DHL.

I used to shop on VGP.ca frequently many years ago, but this problem has really ruined my reputation of them and with DHL's customer support.[/QUOTE]

DHL is the WORST!!!!!! Why VGP.ca, WHY????

I much prefer Canada Post, at least they hold the package for you and you just walk and grab it on your own. DHL is a total mess, rescheduled deliveries can take up to 5 working days.

Let's both write them and voice our displeasure. Their Canadian orders should ship with our national mail service, NO EXCUSE.

I'm wondering if I should bite Demon Souls at $40 but... isn't it that price everywhere? Either way its hard to find, I'm very tempted to order it right now.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the price for Demon's Souls dropped, although I'm not exactly sure of the new price.

What's so bad about DHL? I'm getting very hesitant over ordering the games that I want now. I ordered from VGP last year and didn't realize any difference, the games were in my mailbox just like usual, but I have no idea which postal service they went with. Does DHL do something different?

[quote name='jeffx']DHL is the WORST!!!!!! Why VGP.ca, WHY????

I much prefer Canada Post, at least they hold the package for you and you just walk and grab it on your own. DHL is a total mess, rescheduled deliveries can take up to 5 working days.

Let's both write them and voice our displeasure. Their Canadian orders should ship with our national mail service, NO EXCUSE.[/QUOTE]

I was just about to do that later tonight or tomorrow, lol. I actually received my package today (I was originally supposed to get on Tuesday) and it definitely wasn't worth the hassle. I can't fathom how VGP.ca could ship to the wrong address, especially since I've ordered from them in the past and used PayPal to place my order. No one ever contacted me about the status of my order and I only found out about it by checking the tracking information on DHL. VGP.ca used to be one of my favourite online video game retailer (since it was one of the few Canadian ones many years back), but they have really gone downhill.

I hope that they will go back to Canada Post for domestic orders. Every other retailer uses it, so why not them? DHL is too much of an inconvenience since someone has to be at home to receive and sign for the package, or else I'll have to pick it up somewhere else (at the very least, they could make another trip the next day). Their employees aren't too friendly either (both delivery people and customer service), so it makes the experience even more unpleasant. I much prefer picking up stuff in my mailbox or going to the nearest post office (any drug store). All this hassle for a single game, really? Makes me not want to order from them again.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of courier services, but it isn't bad most of the time. I actually have frequent conversations with my Purolator guy 'cause of all the stuff I receive from EB (now that's proper service because I get overnight shipping AND receive it before lunch). The second worst experience was from a FedEx guy claiming I wasn't at home when they tried to deliver my package because they wanted a longer lunch break (fortunately I was tracking it, so I called customer service right away).

bread's done
Back