Vietnamese DVDs or VCDs?

bluenatas09

CAGiversary!
anyone know where theres a reliable site to order Vietnamese VCDs or DVDs?

I'm looking particular for copies of the "Nguu Lang Chuc Nu-The Legend of Love" miniseries for my girlfriend who has been clinching on to her VHS copies :?

viet here too (think the name makes it obvious?)

saigoncd.com is a reliable...and overpriced...place to order viet dvds and cds (doesn't look like it has that one though)

i would like to know too because when you buy these off ebay, they're always burnt dvds with horrible quality

[quote name='murcielago77']i dont know where, but VIETNAMESE PEOPLE RULE! WHOOO

(am vietnamese myself)[/quote]

I agree with you 100% there buddy. :wink:

Get her the dvd instead. VCDs is a lot cheaper but the quality of it sucks compared to DVDs. Its almost as bad as watching a bootleg. Which part of Louisiana are u from?

around the hammond area....

I know that DVD's are of better quality..and it isn't even a matter of price.
I just can't find either ANYWHERE that I can find if it's reliable or not..

Viet here! I would like to know as well... The DVDs that I have been buying off of eBay sux big time. Some don't play as all. It's a pain to try to get your money back from another eBayer after all of that trouble...

So hopefully, someone will come up with a good reference.

Vietnamese crew holla!

My mom is staying with family over in Vietnam - maybe she could bring what you're looking for back when when she comes home in April.

wow, there really is alot of viet's on here.

well, like I said, if anyone can find a place to order Nguu Lang Chuc Nu - The Legend of Love...whether it be VCD or DVD..it'd be much much appreciated.

[quote name='integralsmatic']
Hehe i bet she has like a bookshelf just full of video tapes like Paris By Night and Asia night too huh..
[/quote]

You know you're viet if you own/seen alot of Paris By Night tapes.

[quote name='oper00'][quote name='integralsmatic']
Hehe i bet she has like a bookshelf just full of video tapes like Paris By Night and Asia night too huh..
[/quote]

You know you're viet if you own/seen alot of Paris By Night tapes.[/quote]

Oh hell yeah i think my parents have 1-20...i know every year they get their hands on a new one...i remember one of them where this group did a rendition of Ace of Bases All that she wants...it was pretty good for a performance but i couldnt hold back my laughter because of how corny that song was...

[quote name='integralsmatic']Troi Anh khong biet CAG cau nhieu viet thien ha
(dam cant put accents...)
[/quote]

dude, i actually understood that. at least, the gist of it.

[quote name='godhatesjustyou'][quote name='integralsmatic']Troi Anh khong biet CAG cau nhieu viet thien ha
[/quote]

dude, i actually understood that. at least, the gist of it.[/quote]

damn, i can speak it, but i cant read it.

[quote name='murcielago77'][quote name='godhatesjustyou'][quote name='integralsmatic']Troi Anh khong biet CAG cau nhieu viet thien ha
[/quote]

damn, i can speak it, but i cant read it.[/quote]

yeah, me too. but just like, sound everything out and it'll make sense.

[quote name='murcielago77'][quote name='godhatesjustyou'][quote name='integralsmatic']Troi Anh khong biet CAG cau nhieu viet thien ha
[/quote]

:D hehe it was supposed to say oh my, I didnt know CAG have alot of viet people...hehe this is what i get for going to vietnam and Yahoo Messenger.... :D

[quote name='integralsmatic'][quote name='murcielago77'][quote name='godhatesjustyou'][quote name='integralsmatic']Troi Anh khong biet CAG cau nhieu viet thien ha
[/quote]

:D hehe it was supposed to say oh my, I didnt know CAG have alot of viet people...hehe this is what i get for going to vietnam and Yahoo Messenger.... :D[/quote]

i understood didnt know, and have a lot. But after that, it got kinda fuzzy :lol:

[quote name='AzianAsspicker']yeh i know what you mean with their accents and stuff when they try to sing in english... wow it sounds retarted[/quote]

I noticed that words like "shrimp" "flour" "school" and pronouncing words with the letters containing "p" "l" and "r's" give the most problem in viet accents.

[quote name='godhatesjustyou'][quote name='murcielago77'][quote name='godhatesjustyou'][quote name='integralsmatic']Troi Anh khong biet CAG cau nhieu viet thien ha
[/quote]

yeah, me too. but just like, sound everything out and it'll make sense.[/quote]

bwahaha, I can listen to it and understand it, but I can't speak or read it.

[quote name='oper00'][quote name='godhatesjustyou'][quote name='murcielago77'][quote name='godhatesjustyou'][quote name='integralsmatic']Troi Anh khong biet CAG cau nhieu viet thien ha
[/quote]

yeah, me too. but just like, sound everything out and it'll make sense.[/quote]

bwahaha, I can listen to it and understand it, but I can't speak or read it.[/quote]

I am very fluent, lol. Born in the US but my parents decided to not teach me English so I acted like a FOB until I reached 1st grade or something...carried an accent with me all the way through middle school (no one believed that I was born in the US, haha).

Taught myself how to read and write (not well) in Viet too, wheeeeeee.

The DVDs and VCDs that you get from Vietnam are big IFs when you bring them over to the States. Some of them don't work anyway. When you test them at the store, they work for the first 5 mintues and seem to be a bargain, but when you're watching half way through and everything goes black, that's when you realize that you get what you paid for.

Not only, those officials at the airport seem to have problems with media being bought back from Vietnam. $5-10 in the passport will do the trick, but again, that just add into the cost of the DVDs.

So again, no reliable and cheap source of DVDs for us Cheap Viet.

BTW, it's true, but I do have shelf load of Paris By Night sitting there. I am looking to finish my collection with some of the earlier editions...but they're just too expensive...

[quote name='oper00'][quote name='integralsmatic']
[/quote]

You know you're viet if you own/seen alot of Paris By Night tapes.[/quote]

Yep, I think my uncle has every single one of them. I know cause he let's my parents borrow them every year.

[quote name='nuoctuong']The DVDs and VCDs that you get from Vietnam are big IFs when you bring them over to the States. Some of them don't work anyway. When you test them at the store, they work for the first 5 mintues and seem to be a bargain, but when you're watching half way through and everything goes black, that's when you realize that you get what you paid for.

Not only, those officials at the airport seem to have problems with media being bought back from Vietnam. $5-10 in the passport will do the trick, but again, that just add into the cost of the DVDs.

So again, no reliable and cheap source of DVDs for us Cheap Viet.

BTW, it's true, but I do have shelf load of Paris By Night sitting there. I am looking to finish my collection with some of the earlier editions...but they're just too expensive...[/quote]

hehe so im not the only who made that mistake...i bought alot of software there as in games...fuckin software had spyware ebbedded in thema nd overloaded my cpu...The only ones that worked were XP Pro ,WE 7, and Initial D mountain race...Yeah we slipped the people at the airport 10 bucks to get us through with no problems in our items...my dad bought alot of Karoake DVDs there but thank god his shit was fine...In other words their DVDs are bootlegs...but its good enough for the people in VN so its cool.

Yeah like many of you guys i thought there wasnt many Viets here...It feels good to know that there are people on this forum who eats Pho and knows about PBN.....Two things every viet person will and have encountered.

What's PBN? Oh, ok Paris By Night i didn't know there was Acronym for it. I can imagine going to your local viet video place and be like "Yo, you got the new PBN in yet?" :lol:

[quote name='twanky']What's PBN? Oh, ok Paris By Night i didn't know there was Acronym for it. I can imagine going to your local viet video place and be like "Yo, you got the new PBN in yet?" :lol:[/quote]

More like "What up Du?"

aka GTA: San Andreas in the San Fierro area with viet gangs

bread's done
Back