Viewing thread kicks me back to main screen

victimsofadown

CAGiversary!
This happened once about a week ago, but I ignored it, and now it is happening again.

Essentially the thread I want to view loads and as it finishes loading I am redirected to the cheapassgamer.com main page. I do not know what is causing this, and it doesn't occur in all threads.

After closing and re-opening my browser (IE) the thread loads fine, but this is the second time this has happened to me. Has never happened on any other website/forum.

I was thinking it might be advertising related? Unsure. Please help if possible.

edit: It is happening again, in the Toys R Us thread. Originally occuring in the Kmart thread. It makes it impossible to view the site!

I thought there was something wrong with my PC. I use Chrome (lol which some people have told me to change over to Firefox, but I love Chrome) and it happens to me once in a while. Usually I close out of my browser and reopens. Works fine for a while then.

I've noticed today that I hear a lot of clicking (indicating a new page loading) and when I look at my browser history (back button) I see around 8 pages that say "continue" in between the thread and the forum where I clicked on the thread. Still no help?

edit: at the bottom of the screen I see a lot of stuff about xbox live. Things like "loading live.xbox.comblhablkahljhalkjh" and other things loading/reading/viewing xbox this live that, etc. It goes a bit too quickly for me to remember, but maybe that will help someone fix the problem? Could it be because of the now defunct MGC cards in peoples (including my own) sigs? I don't remember the issue before the site went down...

Exact same thing happens to me in Chrome on occasion. AFAIK nothing to do except close the brower, reopen, and hope it stops happening.

bread's done
Back