Viewing webpages with pictures on Firefox

989boi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Is it my pc or everytime I view webpages with some minimal amount of jpeg's, it makes my pc lag? No matter the size of the jpeg, it still slows down firefox. It didn't happen until I updated to the latest firefox browser. I do notice that the webpages load up faster though.

yea, there have been many noticed flaws with Firefox 1.5. Theres memory leaks, extension incompadibility (i JUST go flash working again) and other problems. The most noticable to me is the memory spike at launch and the gradual increase in cpu being devoted to ffox.

I'm familiar with both.. if FireFox was compatible with all sites like IE is, then I'd ditch IE. But I'm glad I haven't updated yet, I'll take this as a sign to stick with my current version of FireFox.:)

The slowdown usually occurs for me when I'm viewing a photo album or reading blogs. I'm just glad it doesnt happen when I'm checking out CAG.

I think the accusations of memory leaks in 1.5 have been GREATLY exaggerated. After long browsing sessions it takes up roughly the same amount of memory to display a website as Opera or Mozilla on my machines. IE runs a little leaner but it's not secure or standards compliant so no reason to go back there....ever.

For everyone having issues with Firefox I suggest checking out Opera before going back to IE. They offer the full, non ad-supported version for free now.

bread's done
Back