Viewtiful Joe 2 for $15 after GGC at Best Buy.

Hey cool. This finally dropped down. I guess I'll pick it up since I have the first. Pretty cool.....now only for which system. :whistle2:k

As in the other one? Yes. Good, I was waiting for BB to drop just for this reason. Not as good as GR for $10, but not too shabby at all.

[quote name='62t']Soe the question is which is the version to pick up?[/quote]

According to the other thread, the GC version supports progressive scan, the ps2 does not. If that is not an issue for you, go with whichever controller you like best. I don't think Dante is in this one.

[quote name='MadFlava']Man, should I use my last GGC on this. They no longer carry them at my BB and I only have one left.[/quote]

Ok. I was wondering abot this too. I have not seen any unexpired GCC at my local Best Buy. Have they stopped making them or did the last ones expire 12/31/04?

[quote name='Stryffe2004'][quote name='MadFlava']Man, should I use my last GGC on this. They no longer carry them at my BB and I only have one left.[/quote]

Ok. I was wondering abot this too. I have not seen any unexpired GCC at my local Best Buy. Have they stopped making them or did the last ones expire 12/31/04?[/quote]

There are ones that expire 12/31/05, but many BBs do not carry them.

[quote name='MadFlava']Man, should I use my last GGC on this. They no longer carry them at my BB and I only have one left.[/quote]

Well, it's a flat savings: $5. If you have 5 GGC coupons in the current era (i.e. it only applies to one game), you'll never save more than $25. So if you want a new sealed VJ2, the question is, will someone be selling it for less than $20 new anytime soon, and I think the answer is no. If you get it for $15 now and have to spend the full $50 on something later, rather than spend $20 now and get to spend only $45 later ... not really a choice worth agonizing over. It's always better to save $5 now than to save $5 in six months (time value of money and all that).

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Hey cool. This finally dropped down. I guess I'll pick it up since I have the first. Pretty cool.....now only for which system. :whistle2:k[/quote]

I'd go with the Gamecube version... for some reason the games seem to get a little more in sale or trade versus the PS2 games (if you ever wanted to get rid of it).

I just went to Best Buy and bought one with one of my GGC's I stocked. I searched the store for a replacement GGC and there were none to be found.

I bought six GGC's around October that expire 12/31/05. Then around Novemeber there were nmone left. In December a bunch suddenly appeared again. Now they're gone. Ive used two and now I have four left. I'm assuming I'll use one about every two months so I'm right on track.

In other news, I also noticed there was a reissue of Super Smash Brothers. These copies have the "Best Seller" logo at the bottom of the artwork. My BB had a ton.

[quote name='magikman'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']Hey cool. This finally dropped down. I guess I'll pick it up since I have the first. Pretty cool.....now only for which system. :whistle2:k[/quote]

I'd go with the Gamecube version... for some reason the games seem to get a little more in sale or trade versus the PS2 games (if you ever wanted to get rid of it).[/quote]

The GCN version is the one I will also go for, I generally opy for XB or GCN versions of games over PS2, unless a super deal is available only on the PS2 version. All from the GCN and XB being more powerful consoles on average than the PS2... that and the fact I have less games for the GCN than both other consoles

Looking forward to playing this (got 8 GCN's left), will go along nicely with part 1 which I got for both systems

The only "GGC"s I see at my BB now are for $29.99 and up? I really think BB is trying to get rid of the "devil customers" :?

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='Stryffe2004'][quote name='MadFlava']Man, should I use my last GGC on this. They no longer carry them at my BB and I only have one left.[/quote]

Ok. I was wondering abot this too. I have not seen any unexpired GCC at my local Best Buy. Have they stopped making them or did the last ones expire 12/31/04?[/quote]

There are ones that expire 12/31/05, but many BBs do not carry them.[/quote]

Funny thing is that I've seen some of the 12/31/04 expiration GGC's on the shelf at one BB. :rofl:

[quote name='zman73'][quote name='magikman'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']Hey cool. This finally dropped down. I guess I'll pick it up since I have the first. Pretty cool.....now only for which system. :whistle2:k[/quote]

I'd go with the Gamecube version... for some reason the games seem to get a little more in sale or trade versus the PS2 games (if you ever wanted to get rid of it).[/quote]

The GCN version is the one I will also go for, I generally opy for XB or GCN versions of games over PS2, unless a super deal is available only on the PS2 version. All from the GCN and XB being more powerful consoles on average than the PS2... that and the fact I have less games for the GCN than both other consoles

Looking forward to playing this (got 8 GCN's left), will go along nicely with part 1 which I got for both systems[/quote]

Good lord, what do you do with 8 Gamecubes?

The only "GGC"s I see at my BB now are for $29.99 and up? I really think BB is trying to get rid of the "devil customers"

I've seen similar cards at my BB. Instead of the old GGC, my BB has console specific GGCs. The Xbox one, for example, gives $5 off any xbox accessory or game $25 or higher. Has anyone else seen these new cards.

There are none for the GC. And if you've seen the BB ads for the last couple of months, you can see that BB has no love for the GC.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='guessed'][quote name='Stryffe2004'][quote name='MadFlava']Man, should I use my last GGC on this. They no longer carry them at my BB and I only have one left.[/quote]

Funny thing is that I've seen some of the 12/31/04 expiration GGC's on the shelf at one BB. :rofl:[/quote]

I've got ones from '03 at my BB. The manager lets me use them too. I'd talk to the manager at your store shrike, since they still sell them you may be able to still use them. The manager at mine even signed off on them to make sure it would be okay.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='guessed'][quote name='Stryffe2004'][quote name='MadFlava']Man, should I use my last GGC on this. They no longer carry them at my BB and I only have one left.[/quote]

Funny thing is that I've seen some of the 12/31/04 expiration GGC's on the shelf at one BB. :rofl:[/quote]

I've got ones from '03 at my BB. The manager lets me use them too. I'd talk to the manager at your store shrike, since they still sell them you may be able to still use them. The manager at mine even signed off on them to make sure it would be okay.[/quote]

Methinks I'll have to do that. Could be useful to clear them off their shelves, maybe just let me have 'em. :D

Not only did i find the gift cards w/ coupon for 20 dollar games to get Joe2 for 15 bucks, but i also found the Paper Mario strategy guide for 27 cents! thanks for making me get off my ass and go to BB, OP

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='zman73'][quote name='magikman'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']Hey cool. This finally dropped down. I guess I'll pick it up since I have the first. Pretty cool.....now only for which system. :whistle2:k[/quote]

Looking forward to playing this (got 8 GCN's left), will go along nicely with part 1 which I got for both systems[/quote]

Good lord, what do you do with 8 Gamecubes?[/quote] :lol:

Oops... I meant GGC, not GCN, only have one of those :lol: Was so used to typing GCN from earlier in my quote

[quote name='seanw']There are PS2 and Xbox ones, but not Gamecube ones. And it's $30 and higher, not $25, I think.[/quote]

I swear I've seen one for Nintendo games.

Did the game not sell well or something? It's only been out for about 4 months and it's already $20. I hope that bad sales aren't the reason for the price drop, because I really want to see the series continue.

It's really tempting to pick this up now. I would've paid $50 for it, seeing as how VJ 1 was one of my favorite games of the current console generation. But due to the glut of games I've purchased in the last year and a half, I haven't even finished the incredible first game. :(

^^

I thought it was bad sales? but I really don't have any proof for that and that's my thought for any game out in the mainstream that's good to play, but sells cheap.

Well anyways time to pick this game up after finally waiting for a price drop.

[quote name='"bradr"']The only "GGC"s I see at my BB now are for $29.99 and up? I really think BB is trying to get rid of the "devil customers" :?[/quote]

:(

[quote name='Matt Young']Did the game not sell well or something? It's only been out for about 4 months and it's already $20. I hope that bad sales aren't the reason for the price drop, because I really want to see the series continue.

It's really tempting to pick this up now. I would've paid $50 for it, seeing as how VJ 1 was one of my favorite games of the current console generation. But due to the glut of games I've purchased in the last year and a half, I haven't even finished the incredible first game. :([/quote]

I recall reading somewhere on IGN that VJ2 sold moderately well -- we're talking about 150,000 units sold per console platform. Capcom probably wasn't too pleased with that kind of reception, so yes, the price drop is likely attributed to low sales to some degree.

What is more interesting, though, is that IGN reported VJ2 sold considerably lower on the PS2 versus the GCN version. A good example that bringing a game over to a so-called broader base won't score you more sales. Given the low numbers on PS2, Capcom probably didn't make too much more porting it over to another console.

[quote name='roguejedi5']Finally an excuse to get it! Has any of the Viewtiful joes become a greatest hits yet?[/quote]
The GCN version is a Player's Choice. VJ2 should become one soon by name if not by case reprinting.

[quote name='romeogbs19'][quote name='Matt Young']Did the game not sell well or something? It's only been out for about 4 months and it's already $20. I hope that bad sales aren't the reason for the price drop, because I really want to see the series continue.

It's really tempting to pick this up now. I would've paid $50 for it, seeing as how VJ 1 was one of my favorite games of the current console generation. But due to the glut of games I've purchased in the last year and a half, I haven't even finished the incredible first game. :([/quote]

I recall reading somewhere on IGN that VJ2 sold moderately well -- we're talking about 150,000 units sold per console platform. Capcom probably wasn't too pleased with that kind of reception, so yes, the price drop is likely attributed to low sales to some degree.

What is more interesting, though, is that IGN reported VJ2 sold considerably lower on the PS2 versus the GCN version. A good example that bringing a game over to a so-called broader base won't score you more sales. Given the low numbers on PS2, Capcom probably didn't make too much more porting it over to another console.[/quote]

Yeah I thought it was around 70k for the PS2 and over 300k for the cube as of a month ago.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='seanw']There are PS2 and Xbox ones, but not Gamecube ones. And it's $30 and higher, not $25, I think.[/quote]

I swear I've seen one for Nintendo games.[/quote]

I've never seen a Nintendo GGC but have seen the Xbox, PS2, and EA games one plus I think there now is one for general game but it is for games 29.99 and higher.

[quote name='Snake2715'][quote name='romeogbs19'][quote name='Matt Young']Did the game not sell well or something? It's only been out for about 4 months and it's already $20. I hope that bad sales aren't the reason for the price drop, because I really want to see the series continue.

What is more interesting, though, is that IGN reported VJ2 sold considerably lower on the PS2 versus the GCN version. A good example that bringing a game over to a so-called broader base won't score you more sales. Given the low numbers on PS2, Capcom probably didn't make too much more porting it over to another console.[/quote]

Yeah I thought it was around 70k for the PS2 and over 300k for the cube as of a month ago.[/quote]

So then it didn't sell too bad on GCN. Hopefully this'll mean more VJ in the future.

[quote name='Fire'][quote name='Snake2715'][quote name='romeogbs19'][quote name='Matt Young']Did the game not sell well or something? It's only been out for about 4 months and it's already $20. I hope that bad sales aren't the reason for the price drop, because I really want to see the series continue.

Yeah I thought it was around 70k for the PS2 and over 300k for the cube as of a month ago.[/quote]

So then it didn't sell too bad on GCN. Hopefully this'll mean more VJ in the future.[/quote]

through the end of january 2005

Viewtiful Joe 2 (GC): 67,636
Viewtiful Joe 2 (PS2): 21,947

and for the first one
Viewtiful Joe (GC): 296,151
Viewtiful Joe (PS2): 73,256

also, VJ2, like the first one, launched at $40

[quote name='DenisDFat'][quote name='Fire'][quote name='Snake2715'][quote name='romeogbs19'][quote name='Matt Young']Did the game not sell well or something? It's only been out for about 4 months and it's already $20. I hope that bad sales aren't the reason for the price drop, because I really want to see the series continue.

So then it didn't sell too bad on GCN. Hopefully this'll mean more VJ in the future.[/quote]

and for the first one

also, VJ2, like the first one, launched at $40[/quote]

where do you find out how many copies of a certain game were sold?

[quote name='Richard18'][quote name='DenisDFat'][quote name='Fire'][quote name='Snake2715'][quote name='romeogbs19'][quote name='Matt Young']Did the game not sell well or something? It's only been out for about 4 months and it's already $20. I hope that bad sales aren't the reason for the price drop, because I really want to see the series continue.

and for the first one

also, VJ2, like the first one, launched at $40[/quote]

where do you find out how many copies of a certain game were sold?[/quote]

^^Same question and why is it that some are reporting that IGN had higher sales numbers for this game than your sources? What are you sources anyway?

bread's done
Back