Viewtiful PS2

Wshakspear

CAGiversary!
Im part of the viewtiful Joe Street team, and got this interesting (at least the last paragraph) e-mail:

Hello team!

Well, as promised, I'm here to announce the winner of our first fanart contest! It was a close call among all the entries, and we actually ended up with a tie between Popcorndemon's The Kiss and ViewtifulCoolness's Silvia V-Day. Congrats to you both! Your prizes will be on their merry way soon!

We surely had a great response to this first contest. If any of you have ideas for a theme for the next contest, please send them to me. We'll have another one coming up in just a few weeks.

Viewtiful Joe will soon be out on PS2! I want to find out what your favourite sites are for PS2, so send me a list of some super cool sites. I'll give you 100 points for each one you submit! Rad!

Keep up the good work everybody! You guys rock!

Viewtifully yours,
Andee
[email protected]
www.capcom.fanpimp.com/viewtifuljoe

Now, i know some people have "heard" they were going to bring it to ps2, but this is the closest thing to official ive seen out there. I personnaly liked it being a cube exclusive, but it is a great game everyone should play

I will grab this when it's released, no question. :) Played around with the Gamecube version a bit and I liked it.

[quote name='Wshakspear']I want to find out what your favourite sites are for PS2, so send me a list of some super cool sites.[/quote]

I have a site recommendation ;)

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='Wshakspear']I want to find out what your favourite sites are for PS2, so send me a list of some super cool sites.[/quote]

I have a site recommendation ;)[/quote]
when i get around to it, CAG will be part of the list. I mean, i was shopping around here for VJ when it was coming out :)

I'm not so sure if I like this. VJ was a great fit for the GC, and it got big sales. It definitly helped Nintendo out, but if it's no longer an exclusive, Nintendo is losing a big part of their game plan, even if it's a third party game.

Actually it did not sell as well as Capcom had thought. The whole PS2 version was coming a long time ago, it was mainly due to Capcom wanting to actually make a profit. Yes it will hurt the cube, and though I hate to see it happen, I am for it. Viewtiful Joe will hopefully get sales up on the PS2 and have a chance for a sequel.

I'm also part of the VJ Street Team, I will be submitting my license plate and frame on my car to get some points :)

Check the following for more info:

http://www.1up.com/article2/0,2053,1545090,00.asp

So long as the GC gets the sequel, it'll be good for the game to make the jump to PS2. A great game, everyone should get a chance to play it.

After the strong GC sales this past Xmas, it's surprising there wasn't another advertising push for VJ. It sold well for a GC third party game, and would probably sell even better if they gave it another shove towards the new GC owners.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for this coming to PS2. Nintendojo.com contacted Capcom to see if this were true, and they (Capcom) said that they have no plans on a PS2 version. If it were ever to hit the PS2, it might not even make it stateside like Killer 7 (Killer 7 remains exclsuive on the GC in North America).

I think it's better that VJ is exclusive to the GC, because for one, the system needs games like this and it's design is more like something you would see on a GC than a PS2. If this were to be ported to the PS2, it wouldn't look as good. The textures might end up washed out and muddy, framerate problems could arise, and the cel-shading effect really doesn't look that great with aliasing problems (like Gungrave).

Let Nintendo have this one. The PS2 has taken so much already.

Ok. to set things straight. It's coming to PS2. It sold moderately well on GC. BUT it wasnt a system seller, which is what they were trying to go for. They had always said VJ would be ported to PS2 IF it sold well on GC. Well, it didnt sell badly, and there is an outcry for the game.

On a side note,i'd take the word of a working member of capcoms street team that deals with one particular game, than an overall rep.

Speaking of Viewtiful Joe...what's everyone think about this sequel rumor? I hope Capcom has it on display by E3 or something, VJ was probably my favorite game from last year. Although I have to say that I was shocked when I heard its rumored announcement, because I remember reading that VJ didn't sell particularly well in any of the major territories.

This game won't sell on the PS2 for the same reason that if failed to sell on the Nintendo Gamecube. Cultural relevance. People simply aren't too fond of its premise. It's a 2D Action platformer in a 3D era. Couple that with the fact that it's rather out there as far as content is concerned, and you've got yet another failed attempt to create a new franchise. Publisher's playing it safe with the content of their releases may be bad for us jaded hardcore gamers, but in order to survive, that is exactly what companies must do.

Beyond Good and Evil was released on all 3 platforms. It failed across all three platforms. The culprit? A premise that was quite simply a little too out there...Viewtiful Joe anyone? DON'T BLAME LOW SALES ON THE HARDWARE.

[quote name='maxgle']when they are releasing a game on other system, only means sequel is coming and indeed it is.[/quote]
I fail to see the logic in that statement. Please explain.

[quote name='Wshakspear']Ok. to set things straight. It's coming to PS2.

On a side note,i'd take the word of a working member of capcoms street team that deals with one particular game, than an overall rep.[/quote]

Actually, it's NOT coming to ps2, at least not in the US, and the street team really jumped the gun on this one.

Both Viewtiful Joe and Killer 7 were failed by Sony of America's approval process, as reported by Magic Box (who are usually right on the money on such things). This comes as no surprise, as Sony has been rejecting alot of 2d games as of late.

The funny part is Capcom tried to put Viewtiful Joe on ps2 in the first place before GC and it was denied, so they moved it to GC, and now Capcom looked to put it back on there, and the US branch of Sony denied it again.

I hope they're not making another Viewtiful Joe so soon with a different development team as rumor has it. I really liked the game a lot and want to see a sequel, but a new Devil May Cry is also in development. If they are both to be released this year, this means one of them is gonna rock, and one is gonna blow since the original DMC team did Viewtiful. Capcom always whores it franchises, but hopefully they'll give their best dev team some time to resurrect DMC and not let someone else tarnish Viewtiful with a sequel as bad as DMC 2 was.

bread's done
Back