Virgin 50% off HD DVD YMMV

pulsar0510

CAGiversary!
Was going to post this in the regional deals, but thought it might go better here: Was in the Times Square Virgin Megastore on Saturday and they have all their HD DVDs @ 50% off. I checked online and the sale is not available there, so as I said in the title: YMMV. The stores regular prices are a bit on the high side, so the deals aren't killer, BUT there were some pretty cool deals available: the best IMHO was the Blade Runner briefcase set for $50. They had about 8 copies of that. No idea if/when they will hit 75%, but if there was something you had to have most titles are $15-20 with the 50% off.

[quote name='y2julio']Was it advertised in-store? or did you find out once you went to check out?[/quote]
Signs all over the place, an extra signed table and stickered merch. Some w/ 50% off, stickers & some with the price (from which they will NOT take an extra 50% off :lol:).

[quote name='y2julio']Hows the selection? worth the travel time from Brooklyn?[/quote]
Tough call. They had a lot of stuff, probably 75% of their normal HD DVD stock anyway. There were some gaps in the selection, and as I mentioned their prices even @ 50% off weren't outrageously cheap, but it might be worth the swipe to check it out. I haven't been to the Union Square store; they may be doing it as well.

Cause I hate going to Times Square. Damm tourists walk so damm slow. So if I go there, I want it to be worth my time.

I went in today. They still had a decent selection. I got the last copy of Blade runner 5 disc version for $20 bucks. They also had the ultimate collectors edition for $50 bucks, with tax it would be 54 bucks. cheaper than Amazon's offering. I ended up getting Blade Runner, The Invasion and American Gangster.

[quote name='guyver2077']crap i was by the times square virgins today but didnt think they had anything worthwhile[/quote]
if you are still around, I would go back. They also had a B1G1 on select blu-ray titles.

bread's done
Back