Virtua Fighter 5 360 $39.99 Shipped @ Amazon.com (Dead for Now)

I really didn't want to pull myself into CC... free shipping, no tax, and I've got a 5 dollar gc, so it was 35.00 out the door for me..... I love Amazon :)

these deals are KILLING me. i REALLY want this and i need a book from there too. damn super mario galaxy next week and cod4 this week.

Damn it. If only a day earlier I could have saved $3 in tax and used a gift code instead of buying from circuitcity.com

I went for this plus went ahead and signed up for the amazon credit card to get an additional $30 off to make this $9.99 total. They don't charge like bogus fees for the card do they? Like after I pay off the balance if it just sits there they wont charge fees for no reason? Actually I'd prefer to just cancel it immediately after I pay it off lol.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']I went for this plus went ahead and signed up for the amazon credit card to get an additional $30 off to make this $9.99 total. They don't charge like bogus fees for the card do they? Like after I pay off the balance if it just sits there they wont charge fees for no reason? Actually I'd prefer to just cancel it immediately after I pay it off lol.[/quote]

It is a Chase credit card, so no you shouldn't have any extra fees. They usually give you no interest for so many months. If they do and there is something big you want to buy, use this card.

I wouldn't cancel it though, it looks bad on credit reports. Just use it once a year.

[quote name='wdwpsu']Great reviews. But, are button masher games really worth $40, let alone $60?[/quote]

... You don't deserve this game.

[quote name='TheHulkDeals']I am trying to get fighting game, which one is better DOA4 or VF5?[/quote]

How much time do you expect to put in? VF5 is a technical fighter so don't expect the pick-up-and-play accessibility as in DOA4.

Both are great, but they are pretty much on different ends of the spectrum according to gameplay.

Yay! I scored copy at CC today for $29.99 plus taxes. Thanks to Free $10 GC when up spend $39.99 or more. Sadly, the coupon can't scann so the employee do the manual price adjustment down $29.99 plus taxes.

So far GOOD GAME :)

Thanks for the heads up, saved me a trip tomorrow. Oh, and does anybody else notice that when a sweet deal is going down, the stores never have the game you're looking for? The recent B2G1 TRU sale was useless at my local store, since they conveniently ran out of the Orange Box and other games the week of the sale. Saves me a trip to CC and allows me to pass on supporting their weak business practices.

So, thanks gunm, and thanks for the front page post, Cheapy (enjoy the commission, hope its enough for pureed peas!).

As the 1up/EGM guys have been fond of trumpeting recently..."TOO MANY GAMES!" Two months ago or two months from now, I've already got a confirmation number here, but I can't bite on this. Besides, I've got a pretty good feeling it'll drop to that price by February anyway.

Either way, thanks for the 'heads-up', and thanks to Amazon for consistently being closer to awesome than most online giants.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']screw cc. amazon freakin rules.[/QUOTE]

I just saw my amazon account for shipping date and its schedule to ship on th 12th. Used the free shipping and its due arrival between 15 to 19th

damn it

In this case, i'll keep the amazon order, will keep trying my cc during the promotion week and if cc has it, i buy it and keep the receipt and return the newly unoped amazon one back to cc for refund

[quote name='heyheyhey11']I just saw my amazon account for shipping date and its schedule to ship on th 12th. Used the free shipping and its due arrival between 15 to 19th

damn it

In this case, i'll keep the amazon order, will keep trying my cc during the promotion week and if cc has it, i buy it and keep the receipt and return the newly unoped amazon one back to cc for refund[/QUOTE]
You're a CAG, don't wait for CC to get sale stuff back in stock, go to bestbuy and PM this. You get an extra 10% off! DO IT NOW.

Damn you OP, I could justify not buying this when it was at CC cos I hate them, then you pull this Amazon deal on us :)

In for one.

[quote name='jjz203']You're a CAG, don't wait for CC to get sale stuff back in stock, go to bestbuy and PM this. You get an extra 10% off! DO IT NOW.[/QUOTE]

That's what I did. Almost got $24 back. Local CC did not have it in stock anyway. (Nor did it have any COD3 or COD4.)

An amazing title.

The deal at CC is even nicer given the Halo 3 Burger King coupons. $30 for the game, essentially.

[Since someone had trouble with the math in the previous thread, the coupon works like so: Game ($39 or above) + $10 Gift Card to use later = PRICE OF GAME. Game cost = Game - $10 Gift Card for later purchase. ;-) ]

Changed subject line to reflect price has gone back to MSRP for now. Could change, as amazon prices are apt to do.

In the meantime, you could pick up these recent (well, for amazon) "universal" drops:

Snoopy and Red Baron for PS2 (sorry, big fan of the Peanuts strips):

http://www.amazon.com/Snoopy-Vs-The-Red-Baron/dp/B000GURLIS/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/105-8090695-8053230?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1194485457&sr=8-2

Stuntman Ignition (not a bad game, considering, but look for it to drop even more sooner rather than later):

http://www.amazon.com/THQ-55009-Stuntman-Ignition/dp/B000OCXK5Q/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/105-8090695-8053230?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1194485530&sr=1-2

PS3
http://www.amazon.com/THQ-99018-Stuntman-Ignition/dp/B000OCXK6K/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3/105-8090695-8053230?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1194485530&sr=1-3

Or pre-order the 360 DDRU sequel w/Dancemat for $10 off:
http://www.amazon.com/Dance-Revolution-Universe-Bundle-Mat/dp/B000UZZDZ2/ref=sr_1_1/105-8090695-8053230?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1194485661&sr=1-1

bread's done
Back