Virtua Fighter 5 PS3 Deal

Nesmaster75

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey guys, my friend and I were just at target and saw that Virtua Fighter 5 was $5.04, so not even owning a PS3, we decided to buy them. They also had the godfather don edition for 24.98. Just thought I'd give you guys the update since walmart, best buy, and every other retailer seems to be selling it for 60 dollars still.

[quote name='Nesmaster75']Hey guys, my friend and I were just at target and saw that Virtua Fighter 5 was $5.04, so not even owning a PS3, we decided to buy them. They also had the godfather don edition for 24.98. Just thought I'd give you guys the update since walmart, best buy, and every other retailer seems to be selling it for 60 dollars still.[/quote]

Were you able to get a DCPI?

What about the 360?

It ends in a .04 so it sounds like one of those "as is" items even if it was new and likely won't be at any Targets. I'll check tomorrow though since I am probably going (been to 3 Target stores today, for the 90% off Christmas, no clearance games at any of them so maybe the 4th one will have some)

Speaking of "as-is" stuff, in the last week, I have seen two games in the clearance section of Target that I would have bought...if they hadn't already been stolen from their cases: Super Smash Brothers Melee and NBA Street Homecourt (360).

Wow, walking around target and finding a $5 PS3 game? That's a CAG orgasm in the middle of the aisle if I ever saw one.

[quote name='Negative']Wow, walking around target and finding a $5 PS3 game? That's a CAG orgasm in the middle of the aisle if I ever saw one.[/quote]

I agree, and a pretty good game to boot.

CHEAPY.jpg

WTF? I used to live in McAllen and it is a place to die if you live there... Too many Monterrey people hoarding all the supplies from stores...

Your sig should be "McAllen, Texas where all the mexicans come to shop"

[quote name='oasisboy']Extreme YMMV[/QUOTE]Target clearances are nationwide, chief. And I could totally see Virtua Fighter 5 going clearance.

[quote name='AwRy108']You were at 3 Target stores TODAY? What in the world do you do for a living? Just curious.[/QUOTE]

I work retail, 2nd shift so I have time to go out in the morning and early afternoon

Hey again guys, sorry for the bad pictures, my camera kind of sucks, but here is the receipt to show that I'm not making it up.

EDIT: OK, after viewing the pictures after, they REALLY suck, so sorry.

:applause: :applause: I can confirm this. I bought one today for 5.04. It was in the case with all the regular priced ps3 games, AWESOME DEAL!!

I looked on target.com

There is no record of Virtua Fighter 5 on there website for the PS3!

Definetely sounds clearancey to me!

[quote name='TimPV3']Target clearances are nationwide, chief. And I could totally see Virtua Fighter 5 going clearance.[/quote]

Yes but good luck finding the game at 5 bucks at your local target. What are the odds 1 in 50 or worse?

Nesmaster, do you have a closeup range for your camera? most cameras have a setting for taking pictures up close and personal. You'd probably be able to get a better shot that way. Either that or be a bit farther away from the receipt.

[quote name='oasisboy']
CHEAPY.jpg

WTF? I used to live in McAllen and it is a place to die if you live there... Too many Monterrey people hoarding all the supplies from stores...

Your sig should be "McAllen, Texas where all the mexicans come to shop"[/QUOTE]

Ha! You're absolutely right! We just survived the attack but a couple of weeks ago. Can't stand some of them, but during the good old PS3 Launch Wars, I did get some serious cash for my PS3 from one of em, so as long as you get shopping early, you've got nothing to worry about! :D

[quote name='oasisboy']
CHEAPY.jpg

Your sig should be "McAllen, Texas where all the mexicans come to shop"[/quote]
OH MY GOD, I was born in MCallen!

HAHAHAHHAHAHA

I just moved in august, I was down there for christmass.

La plaza mall was frickin RIDICULOUS!

no luck as in the price wasnt different or there were no copies there at your store.

I might head to a target tomorrow or thursday, i'll buy a couple if it's in stock, which it most likely will be because it's like everyone in my area isnt interested in games, i find rock band special editions all over the place.

Thanks OP, definitely checking out Target tomorrow. I agree with the Rock Band. I saw at least 20 at a Gamestop, 5-6 at the various CC's I went to, and several at TRU. Either the craze is gone, or no one wants it because of the defective product. ^__^

[quote name='Negative']Wow, walking around target and finding a $5 PS3 game? That's a CAG orgasm in the middle of the aisle if I ever saw one.[/quote]

CAGASM! That's my new favorite word here.

It's a nice fighter but its boring to face the computer without any story or character endings even for $5.

LOL!

I will be heading out to Target today to look for VF5. Will pick up extra copies if possible. I'll keep everyone posted

The best bet with games at Target is to check electronics on MONDAY mornings. That is usually when the prices drop. When they hit 75%+ they move quick, usually within an hour or two. I have also noticed that PS3 games hang out on the shelf a bit longer because not as many people own PS3's.

So it was just in the case still marked at $40 or $60 or whatever and should be nationwide?

I've been wanting VF5 for ever now, but wanted it to drop first. Don't actually have my PS3 yet, but still.

My Target never, EVER has any deals though. EVER. but if this is just in the case and rings up for $5...

[quote name='Wolfpup']So it was just in the case still marked at $40 or $60 or whatever and should be nationwide?

I've been wanting VF5 for ever now, but wanted it to drop first. Don't actually have my PS3 yet, but still.

My Target never, EVER has any deals though. EVER. but if this is just in the case and rings up for $5...[/quote]
my target rarely does either, they had stalker on clearance one day for 14 bucks, I for some STRANGE reason did poney up the change.

now im regretting that day because they have never had anythign on clearance again and they my target doesnt carry stalker anymore.

:drool:

Nothing on my end, sorry guys. Checked up and down the aisles for VF5. Checked the price scanner w/ the DCPI# and showed none in stock, and priced at $14.99.

$14 eh? I will still get one for that price.. but probably just for my own. I will get extra copies if it's $5.

Leaving to Target in 15 minutes ;-)

PS3 version trades in @ $12, 360 version(online one) trades for $16 @ FYE. Or it should, according to Secondspin.com.

And with the current 45% more credit deal going on, that bumps the PS3 version to $17.40.

For those in AZ there's none at the 43rd and Peoria and the Arrowhead one. I printed out the upc and it rang up at 9.99 but none in stock

I printed the UPC as well when I headed out earlier but damn I forgot to stop. Finally remembered when I was walking in my door oh well i'll check later.. I've been wanting this for awhile but figured it would get cheap and i've got plenty of other things to play so no hurry.

[quote name='TimPV3']Target clearances are nationwide, chief. And I could totally see Virtua Fighter 5 going clearance.[/QUOTE]

its YMMV colonel, targets in SF/CA area rarely do any clearance like that.

"Clearance" and "Sale" at the targets in my area mean Red Label Greatest Hits PS2 games for $19.98

bread's done
Back