Virtual Console version of Super Mario World Question

nicholas01

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Just wondering: can you play two player with only one controller? I just got one of the Classic Controls, and some points, and wanted to know if my girlfriend and I could play the Super Nintendo classic with just the one control alternating. Anyone in the know?

Thanks in advance!

[quote name='The Crotch']Um. Why not just try it yourself and see?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure he hasn't bought it yet and isn't going to if you can't.

Since the 2 player mode is just taking turns anyway why don't you just set it to 1 player and pass the controller around? Is it essential that someone plays as Luigi?

To answer the question, you need to have 2 Wiimotes to play 2 player. You can unplug the classic controller and pass it between you, but player 1 needs Wiimote 1, and player 2 needs Wiimote2.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Since the 2 player mode is just taking turns anyway why don't you just set it to 1 player and pass the controller around? Is it essential that someone plays as Luigi?[/QUOTE]

Well, there is the mini-game competition for lives ...

[quote name='JoeTheZombie']To answer the question, you need to have 2 Wiimotes to play 2 player. You can unplug the classic controller and pass it between you, but player 1 needs Wiimote 1, and player 2 needs Wiimote2.[/quote]

That's the answer I was looking for. While unfortunate, I thank you for the info. As for the 'minigame,' I'm pretty sure there's no minigames in Super Mario World.

[quote name='nicholas01']As for the 'minigame,' I'm pretty sure there's no minigames in Super Mario World.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm mistaken (and I don't have it on VC so I can't boot it up), but as far I remembered you could choose the opposing player's space and you two would go into a Mario Bros. type game where you competed for lives.

[quote name='gariig']I thought that was Mario 3 or did they also put it in Mario World?[/QUOTE]

Hell, it could be. I haven't played either in a long, long time.

[quote name='snipegod']Maybe I'm mistaken (and I don't have it on VC so I can't boot it up), but as far I remembered you could choose the opposing player's space and you two would go into a Mario Bros. type game where you competed for lives.[/quote]That was in mario bros 3 but the thing world had was the ability to give the other player lives whenever, but both players could do it, thus leading to some 5+ min of trying to get the lives stolen from you back

bread's done
Back