Visiting the US, any good deals?

CHW

CAGiversary!
Hey guys, I'm planning to visit some family in the States for a couple of days later this month.

I've never really done this before, but since the US always seem to get better prices/deals on things than us Canucks -- I was just wondering if anybody had any suggestions on stores or any "you can't miss this" deals while I was down there.

I was also thinking of maybe ordering some stuff on Amazon.com (which always seems to have better prices than .ca, even after currency conversion) and shipping them to my family's address, and picking it up when I arrive in a few weeks.

Has anybody tried this? Any ideas or tips or issues I should be aware of?

Thanks!

There are lots of deals that aren't listed on the main deal forum. Simply because they're normal-ish prices down there. All I can suggest is that you try to have a good idea what things you'd want generally cost. Then browse around through all the game stores and clearance bins you can find :)

Also. Any "you can't miss this" deals are going to be cleaned out quickly, just like up here. So they aren't going to be worth the trouble to hunt down when you don't know all the good spots to raid.

Thanks for the awesome tips guys. I'm thinking it might just be easiest to order from Amazon.com (and other online US vendors)... it really feels like everything is on sale at these prices.

bread's done
Back