Vita cases...

[quote name='Sh0k']I got the same case but ended up returning it to WalMart. The inside top part of the case while closed with the Vita inside kept rubbing against the on/off button on the Vita and kept turning the Vita On.[/QUOTE]

I have Hori bumper case on it along with this case and never had an issue with it turning on. I would assume the slight edge around the button is keeping it from being bumped and turned on.

[quote name='apinunw']I need a light and small Vita case. Just to protect my Vita. Any recommendation? TIA[/QUOTE]

[quote name='orntar']
Sony Carry case
Retail: $19.99
Pros: Converts into a stand
Cons: Doesn't look very protective[/QUOTE]
This one looks like what you might want. I just don't like how it closes on the sticks.

Here is another if you can just find the pouch with the memory card: http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-V..._3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1335106101&sr=1-3

I am using a Oakley sunglass pouch for my Vita until my Rocketfish case gets here.

[quote name='headpiece747']I wish I could get this one though but it is only in Japan and I can't find a site to import:
http://baconafterdark.com/limited-production-military-grade-case-for-the-playstation-vita/
vitacase2.jpg

vitacase3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Yeah I wanted to get that Pelican case too, or at least the bottom insert. The Pelican case itself is about $20 but just comes with a rubber insert which doesn't help. The next best thing that I've absolutely had no problem with is the Thrustmaster SPF case. I didn't like the silly looking silver strip that went around it so i just spraypainted the outside with Matte Black spraypaint and it looks awesome. The inside of the case is what really sold it for me. It holds six games plus the system itself very snug.

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']Yeah I wanted to get that Pelican case too, or at least the bottom insert. The Pelican case itself is about $20 but just comes with a rubber insert which doesn't help. The next best thing that I've absolutely had no problem with is the Thrustmaster SPF case. I didn't like the silly looking silver strip that went around it so i just spraypainted the outside with Matte Black spraypaint and it looks awesome. The inside of the case is what really sold it for me. It holds six games plus the system itself very snug.[/QUOTE]
That case was up there in my choices for cases but the Rocketfish one beat it out because of recommendations. I actually wrote the company about the Pelican case for the Vita to see if they would bring it to the US but I have not gotten a response or expect one.

Just got my Rocketfish Vault case and I love it. The Vita doesn't move around at all while in it. Really like the slots for games and 1 memory card. Weights 1.34 lbs with my Vita in it but I'd feel very safe accidentally dropping my Vita in this case. Not that this case needs more endorsement but I highly recommend it.

So far im really liking the Rocketfish Vault case. The only issue i had with it that it had some blemishes on the outside of the case even when it was new. Doesn't really matter because its gonna get scratched later.

After reading so many good reviews on here and watching a few video reviews I might get the Rocketfish Vault case as a on the go case since it provides more protection than the travel pouch I have. I have a friend who works a BB so maybe he can get it real cheap for me.

I've been thinking about getting the Rocketfish Vault as well. Got some preorders to cancel so maybe I'll transfer the credit and use my Reward Zone certificate to get it for $5 or less out of pocket.

I got my Hori screen protectors today and had a hell of a time putting them on, so it looks pretty shoddy, but I don't care all that much as long as the screen isn't getting scratched.

[quote name='HydroX']I've been thinking about getting the Rocketfish Vault as well. Got some preorders to cancel so maybe I'll transfer the credit and use my Reward Zone certificate to get it for $5 or less out of pocket.

I got my Hori screen protectors today and had a hell of a time putting them on, so it looks pretty shoddy, but I don't care all that much as long as the screen isn't getting scratched.[/QUOTE]The front one was somewhat a pain, but I only ended up with 2 tiny bubbles. The areas around the thumbsticks are not perfect, but the silicone sleeve hides that. Did you watch that video?

[quote name='krashhole']The front one was somewhat a pain, but I only ended up with 2 tiny bubbles. The areas around the thumbsticks are not perfect, but the silicone sleeve hides that. Did you watch that video?[/QUOTE]

I forgot all about the video honestly. I guess it doesn't look too bad, all things considered. A little crooked, but protection is really what matters.

I have the Vita folio case, which is a godsend for me. You can fit 2-3 vita games per elastic band if you have more than 24 games.

I also took a gamble and bought this shell from hong kong. It has a brushed-metal look to it which I love and it feels awesome while installed on the Vita. I chose the red one. With the shell on the Vita it still fits into the folio case quite nicely.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/9-color-Alu...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3cc338b5d3

[quote name='bmachine']I bought the black-and-red Hori case. I like it but holy fuck does it stink.[/QUOTE]

After a month of trying to de-stink my Hori case, I ended up just returning it. It's a nice case, but not nice enough to put up with that.

So far so good with the rocketfish case. I still have yet to use my screen protector on my PS vita. Don't really see a point since i already have a case.

[quote name='007']After a month of trying to de-stink my Hori case, I ended up just returning it. It's a nice case, but not nice enough to put up with that.[/QUOTE]

It's killing me. It makes my Vita and my hands stink, too. I should return it.

[quote name='bmachine']It's killing me. It makes my Vita and my hands stink, too. I should return it.[/QUOTE]

I want to return mine as I replaced it yet I don't have the receipt any longer plus I believe it's been over 30 days.

I finally caved and got a vita.

I think I want to definitely put a screen protector on and then either a rubber skin or thin metal shell for every day use.

For travel I'll find a pouch or carrying case; I'm sure my options will be a little bit more limited as the skin/shell will increase the size and probably keep it from fitting some of the molds.

Any suggestions on screen protectors? Did you guys go with screen protectors that just covered the screen or the entire face?

[quote name='GBAstar']I finally caved and got a vita.

I think I want to definitely put a screen protector on and then either a rubber skin or thin metal shell for every day use.

For travel I'll find a pouch or carrying case; I'm sure my options will be a little bit more limited as the skin/shell will increase the size and probably keep it from fitting some of the molds.

Any suggestions on screen protectors? Did you guys go with screen protectors that just covered the screen or the entire face?[/QUOTE]

I got the Sony (screen only) protectors (2-pack), and it covers the screen very well. I also got the Hori Face Cover to protect the face of the unit, and I store mine in a soft Sony Travel Pouch. I can fit the Vita (including the face cover), plenty of games, and at least the USB cable with no problem. If necessary I can also fit the AC adapter, but it gets pretty tight.

Others here have raved about the PDP Pull 'n Go Folio case, and it looks pretty good to me; but its a bit larger, more of a notebook in size; fits and protects the Vita, all accessories, and plenty of games. I would consider this case, but I'd have to remove the Face Cover, and obviously wouldn't need the Travel Pouch anymore either.

Sony Travel Pouch (some have found this clearanced at Target for like $5, I haven't seen it):

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-V...41Q8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336540135&sr=8-1

Hori Face Cover:

http://www.amazon.com/HORI-PS-Vita-..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1336540208&sr=1-1

PDP Pull 'n Go Folio Case:

http://www.amazon.com/PSVita-Pull-F...4JTY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336597514&sr=8-1

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dr. Venkman']I have the Vita folio case, which is a godsend for me. You can fit 2-3 vita games per elastic band if you have more than 24 games.

I also took a gamble and bought this shell from hong kong. It has a brushed-metal look to it which I love and it feels awesome while installed on the Vita. I chose the red one. With the shell on the Vita it still fits into the folio case quite nicely.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/9-color-Alu...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3cc338b5d3[/QUOTE]

hey how long did shipping take? that's the cheapest I've seen the aluminum cases. I'm worried cause it's a hong kong seller. :cry:

[quote name='GBAstar']I finally caved and got a vita.

Any suggestions on screen protectors? Did you guys go with screen protectors that just covered the screen or the entire face?[/QUOTE]

The hori screen protector (not to be confused with the shell) covers the whole face and is barly noticeable once installed. I love mine.

So would this work and be a good combo:

Hori PS Vita Screen Protective Filter (is this the one people have been using?)

http://www.amazon.com/PS-Vita-Screen-Protective-Filter-Sony/dp/B006VE40JQ/ref=pd_sim_vg_1

Hori PS Vita Face Cover:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B006WJ6YGW/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

^ can you play games while it is in the bottom part? (i.e. do you have access to the rear touch sensor?

Those are the two things I'm most interested in now (Screen protecter and every day protective case, be it a skin, shell or something like the Hori Face Cover linked above).

Travel cases and pouches are easy enough to come by and even more so if you're willing to adlib something even if it wasn't designed for the vita

[quote name='GBAstar']So would this work and be a good combo:

Hori PS Vita Screen Protective Filter (is this the one people have been using?)

http://www.amazon.com/PS-Vita-Screen-Protective-Filter-Sony/dp/B006VE40JQ/ref=pd_sim_vg_1

Hori PS Vita Face Cover:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B006WJ6YGW/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

^ can you play games while it is in the bottom part? (i.e. do you have access to the rear touch sensor?

Those are the two things I'm most interested in now (Screen protecter and every day protective case, be it a skin, shell or something like the Hori Face Cover linked above).

Travel cases and pouches are easy enough to come by and even more so if you're willing to adlib something even if it wasn't designed for the vita

[/QUOTE]
Yeah thatd work. The Hori face cover is open in the back so you have access to the back touch pad.

As for the screen protector yeah that one's good. The Sony one that just covers the screen is fine also.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yeah thatd work. The Hori face cover is open in the back so you have access to the back touch pad.

As for the screen protector yeah that one's good. The Sony one that just covers the screen is fine also.[/QUOTE]

^ to be honest I'm sort of a Nazi (bad word I suppose, OCD is better) when it comes to handheld electronics. The reason why I'd like a total frontal cover instead of just a screen protector is because I want to prevent fingerprints or scuffs on the entire front.

I've put many hours into my PSP and my cell phone and when you remove the skins or screen coveres they both look like new.

Would the hori screen protector work at that? I have heard it is a bear to apply though....

[quote name='GBAstar']^ to be honest I'm sort of a Nazi (bad word I suppose, OCD is better) when it comes to handheld electronics. The reason why I'd like a total frontal cover instead of just a screen protector is because I want to prevent fingerprints or scuffs on the entire front.

I've put many hours into my PSP and my cell phone and when you remove the skins or screen coveres they both look like new.

Would the hori screen protector work at that? I have heard it is a bear to apply though....[/QUOTE]
I'm like that too. I dont know but I'm sure the screen protector would be fine. It's got 4.5/5 stars from Amazon reviews with many complaining about the lack of instructions but that's about it.

I heard the back of the Vita scratches easily which is another reason I like the Hori Face cover. It's open in the back but it covers just enough to keep the back of the vita raised off any flat surface you may set it on.

Edit: I dont like the look of the Hori Face Cover, and mine is annoying to open (it could just be the snaps are a little misaligned on mine) but otherwise I like it.

[quote name='GBAstar']^ to be honest I'm sort of a Nazi (bad word I suppose, OCD is better) when it comes to handheld electronics. The reason why I'd like a total frontal cover instead of just a screen protector is because I want to prevent fingerprints or scuffs on the entire front.

Would the hori screen protector work at that? I have heard it is a bear to apply though....[/QUOTE]

The Hori screen protector is going to be a lot harder to successfully apply than the Sony one due to all the tiny areas it covers. Also the Sony screen protectors come as a two-pack.

I'm happy with my Hori Face Cover; it allows access to all ports and protects the face of the Vita well. And yes it allows rear touch panel access no problem.

Maybe others here can comment about ease of installation of the Hori screen protector; looks kind of difficult to me.

[quote name='chimpmeister']The Hori screen protector is going to be a lot harder to successfully apply than the Sony one due to all the tiny areas it covers. Also the Sony screen protectors come as a two-pack.

I'm happy with my Hori Face Cover; it allows access to all ports and protects the face of the Vita well. And yes it allows rear touch panel access no problem.

Maybe others here can comment about ease of installation of the Hori screen protector; looks kind of difficult to me.[/QUOTE]

The Hori SP comes in three parts. Front cover, rear touchpad cover and a little bar to cover the piece under the rear touchpad.

Really not that difficult to apply, but mine has some bubbly stuff going on by the buttons and sticks. It doesn't bother me all that much because I know it's damn near impossible to apply these things perfectly. It's still covered and protected, but doesn't look "perfect".

I can take a picture and post mine if you really want to see what I mean.

I decided today to "mod" my Hori Face Cover. I used a small amount of this stuff. Cut it to fit in the finger grooves on the back side, and used a tiny amount of normal school glue to make the foam stick.

I did this for a few reasons. One, it makes it kind of more comfortable to hold, nothing big but hey it helps. Two, it keeps the case a bit higher off whatever surface it's on further ensuring the rear touch panel is protected. Finally, it also protects the back of the case itself from getting scratched.

Overall it cost like 20 cents and like 5-10 minutes of work along with about 4-5 hours of waiting to ensure the glue is try (waiting overnight is far better).

Here is a pic:
JpgQ9.jpg
ZHioV

Please ignore the fingerprints and the tiny bit of glue you can see. It easily cleans off. Which leads me to another good point, if for whatever reason you dislike it or the foam gets damaged it can easily be removed, clean the glue residue with some warm water, and start from scratch.

I bought the Hori Vita Cover. Loving it so far, as I don't have to worry about the system breaking. Playable with it in it, even though the top cover is a bit flimsy.

[quote name='mcdaking84']anyone know the best screen protector for the back?[/QUOTE]

The Hori cover fits really nice on the back.

After a cracked screen that seems to be due to a yank of the charging cord off a table onto a hardwood floor, I'm going to be looking for a good protective case once I get my repaired Vita back from Sony. This Hori one everyone seems to be talking about looks like it'll meet my needs...something I can keep it in all the time, while playing or just having it sit around. What about protection though? Is it sturdy enough to hopefully protect the system from a cracked screen?

Edit: Upon further reading of the reviews, it doesn't seem to be very drop-protective. Any other options?

[quote name='captaintek3304']After a cracked screen that seems to be due to a yank of the charging cord off a table onto a hardwood floor, I'm going to be looking for a good protective case once I get my repaired Vita back from Sony. This Hori one everyone seems to be talking about looks like it'll meet my needs...something I can keep it in all the time, while playing or just having it sit around. What about protection though? Is it sturdy enough to hopefully protect the system from a cracked screen?

Edit: Upon further reading of the reviews, it doesn't seem to be very drop-protective. Any other options?[/QUOTE]

If you are looking for something to protect it from drops I would recommend one of the following three cases:

Rocketfish Vault
PDP Custom Crystal Case
Thurstmaster VG S.P.F Case

Here is my opinion on all three (not owning one of those but looking into all 3). Rocketfish, only holds 3 games and 1 memory card, but looks nice and compact. PDP, holds 8 games and 2 memory cards, customizable graphics, it is "shiny" plastic so it shows scratches and the closing mechanism is just a clip/tension based so it doesn't seem too secure. Thurstmaster, holds 6 games and looks really good quality, but I dislike the size and design of it.

Basically, if you don't care how many games it holds I would go with the vault, but if you want a good on the go solution then go with the PDP, if you want the most secure one I would go with Thrustmaster. One thing to keep in mind though is that none of those cases allow you to charge the unit when it is in the case. Since I read your other post about it being damaged while it was charging I don't think any case will prevent it from drop damage while it is charging.

Is it true that the first edition case is available separately in Japan? Someone at the beginning of this thread mentioned this.

Wait.. does the hori screen protector come with a piece for the rear touchpad? I believe mine only had one for the front (it covers the entire front; not just the screen).

I know it's easy to get confused with the terms but I'm talking about the screen protector not the face cover (I have that too)

[quote name='i MarK i']hey how long did shipping take? that's the cheapest I've seen the aluminum cases. I'm worried cause it's a hong kong seller. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Like 10 days tops. Pretty quick!

[quote name='captaintek3304']After a cracked screen that seems to be due to a yank of the charging cord off a table onto a hardwood floor, I'm going to be looking for a good protective case once I get my repaired Vita back from Sony. This Hori one everyone seems to be talking about looks like it'll meet my needs...something I can keep it in all the time, while playing or just having it sit around. What about protection though? Is it sturdy enough to hopefully protect the system from a cracked screen?

Edit: Upon further reading of the reviews, it doesn't seem to be very drop-protective. Any other options?[/QUOTE]

The best protective shell for the Vita (that that be kept on while you play) is the Nerf Armor. Ugly and cumbersome but does the job.

I really like the Persona 4 Solid Gold case, but I am wondering as to if any of the trigger/handles can fit in it.

I dont really like the hard shell case that came with it, but I can see the use for it. Especially outside, you can use the top part as a sort of shade.

Anyone try putting Vitas with cases, triggers/handles, etc in the Persona 4 Solid Gold case? Let me know if anything fits in it.

[quote name='powersurge']Has anyone come across any WHITE vita grips they all seem to be black other than these:

http://www.amazon.com/eForCity-Hand...d=1354831663&sr=8-7&keywords=white+vita+grips

But I can't find any reviews at all on those. I'd hate to damage my vita with a set of cheap grips.[/QUOTE]

This guy shows some Japanese accessories.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/PS-VITA用-アシ...O5O0/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_img_y/376-6271932-2070429

Expensive import
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PS-Vita-Gam...t=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item27cd653d6b

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']This guy shows some Japanese accessories.[/QUOTE]

Oldboy, I like that first accessory in the video...face cover/stand. What is it actually called and where would I find it? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I see it's called Face Cover and made by Hori. I couldn't find the white version, though. Promo/LE?

[quote name='Batcave Dweller']Oldboy, I like that first accessory in the video...face cover/stand. What is it actually called and where would I find it? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I see it's called Face Cover and made by Hori. I couldn't find the white version, though. Promo/LE?[/QUOTE]

The white face cover is made by Mad Catz and as the guy say it is not perfect case because it doesn't fit well

Only can be ordered from Japan Amazon

[quote name='lonfar']The white face cover is made by Mad Catz and as the guy say it is not perfect case because it doesn't fit well

Only can be ordered from Japan Amazon[/QUOTE]

Thank you. And for mentioning the issue as well. I'm actually deaf so I didn't know that. Found it on Amazon JP. Too bad there isn't one with better quality. :cry:

Anyone considering these PDP grips/triggers. Gamestop carries them and when I was at GS the other day I tried holding it. It feels pretty good, has a matte, rubbery finish to it. The triggers are not triggers, they are simply squishy buttons that when you push them, push the shoulder buttons on the Vita. They feel fine and are in a better place I feel. Not necessary at all, but if the buttons dont fail its a nice bonus on the grip.

I've been looking at this one since it seems to be perhaps the smallest grips available. Maybe not, but they are pretty small compared to the Hori or others I've seen on Amazon.

I doubt it will fit in the Persona 4 Solid Gold hard case, but maybe I'll bring it next time to try.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/accessories/ps-vita-trigger-grip/98483

They aren't packaged like its shown on the site. It is just a sleeve over the middle part of the grips so you can hold it and feel the triggers easily.

They also have some cases and accessories on sale.

I got the Hori grips today and I really like them, but I don't want to ever take them off and finding a case that will fit the Vita with the grips still attached is proving difficult.

bread's done
Back