Vita data management HALP!

trilokavijaya

CAGiversary!
I'm needing to leverage a grip on manageing data on the vita...

i've got a 8gb card, and I simply need to ask: "how do i see the data useage, and what files are on there? is there a 3rd party app that does this? i NEED to see: 'game x takes up x amount, takes up x amount for save files,' and so forth"

ok, so i migrated the data to the pc months ago via the content manager proggy, and even from there i've got said data replicated to an external hdd...two places 1 on the c drive, 1 one the external.

I want to copy the data from the external to the c drive with a simple copy/paste, however how can i tell what title is game: "C:\Users\___\Documents\PS Vita\PSGAME\0f0fbecf8c5c1c46" did sony post a database on this?

i used to tote and carry the ps plus free vita tittles on the sd, uncharted, gravity rush, and wipeout, as well as virture's last reward, and a few saves for tittles i've rented from gamefly, and a couple of fighter's i've purchased w/ cag deals. everything was safe and sound until my lastest CAG deal purchases proverbialy

rocked the boat, and diminished the merits of leverageing my investments in the Sony ecosystem.

the original concept was to backup the files to the PC, buy the Persona 4 golden PSN @ $19.99, remove a few of the free titles from my ps plus freebee lineup, and just put them back to the sd whenever i'd like, swiching nonchalantly between the titles. Is that too much to ask? I'm a humble gamer, who likes to abide his time, and chill with a few hrs of gameing in my daily schedule.

So here's how the value/prices line up w/ the leverage:

PSN 1yr at $39.99 - Uncharted, Gravity Rush, and Wipeout 2048, and Virtue's Last reward.

Persona 4 golden 3.01gb @ $19.99

Lumines @ $9.89

8gb sd card (used from 3rd party Amazon seller) $21 w/ shipping

Gamefly 2 game a month contract started back in June, w/ 1 month free @ $22.95 a month

the persona 4 game takes up nearly half the SD's card's real-estate, gobbling up a 3.01gb of an available 7.1gb...so w/o upgradeing the SD card, w/o spending x amount more on a new SD, the game's actually @19.99 digitally, AND 10ish dollars in SD realestate to park it, AND time migrateing data, navigateing through Sony's childish UI, and so forth. Blech! I'd rather have Crab Juice!

Lumines seemed like a great deal at $9.89, however I suspect it's actually installing the ENTIRE GAME onto the SD, and just useing the cart as DRM...so this is x amount of SD real-estate, AND a physical cart? If this *Is* the case, how do gamers know this ahead of purchase?

I'll come back and remediate this post later after a few more eyes have critique'd it, and after a few more hrs invested in manageing this SD.

Gamefly's such a strong tool as gamers can get the games/beat them in the time limit before what they spend on the gamefly subscription equals out the tittle's price. However, i've had P4G for 2 months now...and because of this mislabeling debacle w/ the content manager, once i've bought it from PSN, i've now lost the save file ( or i have it still ont he external, i don't know b/c i can't read hexidecimal, or have a database of correlations from hexidecimal-English).

Last edited by a moderator:
I somehow doubt that Lumines would be installing itself. The space it requires on your memory card is probably listed on the box cover somewhere.

Is using Content Manager to copy games you want to play at the moment back and forth really that detracting? You don't even have to plug your Vita in if you don't want to.

/me rolls back to the old profile, and demands refunds: "LIKE A BOSS!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omFG-MHqWw4

/me Slenderman's on outta the CAG MB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwwQKeiNyTo

*AAAAAND gets pissed that my charitable donations to this nonsence chiptune mp3 bundle for children w/ cancer back on Prince William's son's birthday still hasn't released the download code! /me Argues like a KING! SMAAAAAAASH!!! Trilokavijaya deals over 9000 HP in upaya refrences for skill in means in Buddha-Dharma!

I am having he same issue as the OP.

I with they had some sort of tool like Windows WinDirStat http://windirstat.info/ where it would show which files take up the most spce instead of having to open up each one individually from the menus. 

This is horribly confusing to me. Not sure I fully understand what you are trying to do. Plus the OP is from months ago.

Still to me the simplest solution seeing as how you're likely a PS+ member is to use the PSN cloud to backup all game saves/DL content. Then delete then remove the entire game info from your memory card. If you you choose to put g ame back onto the card then just download the gamesave (they are small files typically so less time to download) from the cloud....

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back