Vita Freeze Issues

sp00ge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
149 (100%)
I picked up a wifi/3g Vita about two weeks ago, and only use it every other day or so at most. But every single time I try to bring it from standby, it freezes. Sometimes the screen is on, other times the screen is black. Every time, I have to do the 30-second power cycle to reboot the Vita.

Is this a problem with anyone else? As minor as it may seem, this is a rather large annoyance and has me worried that my unit will only experience further issues down the road.

It's happened to me once in about 3 weeks, same thing, just bringing it from standby. I was pretty scared when it did it, but I plugged the charger in and reset it and it hasnt done it again.

Mine refused to come out of sleep mode. The blue PS home button remained illuminated, but the system wouldn't "wake." Did the power cycle thing and it hasn't happened since. From reading other forums regarding the issue, it seems fairly common. I guess this is what's to be expected as an early first adopter of any new technology.

I have a 3G Vita and have never had a freeze; but I turned off the 3G feature when I first got the system, to conserve battery. Did you leave 3G on? If so you might try disabling it.

bread's done
Back