Vita icon placement question...

wtsutton

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Not to sound entirely anal...but does anybody know if there is an option that I'm not seeing that locks the icons on the homepage in place? I have two memory cards. If I take one out and eventually put it back in, the icons for the games on that card and moved all over the place and need to be manually put back in the nice and organized way I had them. I'm sick of having to fix it every time I change to a different memory card.

[quote name='wtsutton']Not to sound entirely anal...but does anybody know if there is an option that I'm not seeing that locks the icons on the homepage in place? I have two memory cards. If I take one out and eventually put it back in, the icons for the games on that card and moved all over the place and need to be manually put back in the nice and organized way I had them. I'm sick of having to fix it every time I change to a different memory card.[/QUOTE]

I believe that's a negative - I eventually just gave up trying to organize too much, it's not worth the effort. Maybe it's because it rebuilds the internal db (which is on the device as opposed to on the card) every time you swap cards? I dunno.

I dont care about locking icons, I just want to remove the crap I dont use like email. Is there? I cant find any way to.

A folder system would be nice. Dump all the utilities in to one little folder on the screen. As it is, nearly two of the ten possible screens are taken up. My 32 GB stick has a lot of minis, PS1 and PSP games on it and most of the available icon spots are taken up.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I dont care about locking icons, I just want to remove the crap I dont use like email. Is there? I cant find any way to.[/QUOTE]

ZOMG...this too. Sick of those e-mail and group chat icons. And the Maps one. WTF. I'm not using my Vita for a GPS when I'm driving. A few others I would love to delete from there too.

Yeah, I'm not sure they thought out the icon situation. 10 icons per page with 10 pages. With 16 permanent icons, that leaves us with 84 slots for games/apps. The sheer number of Vita/PSP/PS1/Mini/PSM games and apps dwarf the 84 slots available.

Especially if you have been a PS+ member since it's inception. I could probably fill more than half the slots with Minis.

bread's done
Back