Vita Memory Cards finally available for preorder (Amazon)

Minions

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I know this is not exactly a deal, as they are being sold for MSRP....

However I know quite a few people have been waiting for amazon to finally list these cards.

4GB
http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-V..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1325887029&sr=1-1

8GB
http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-V...9?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1325887102&sr=1-29

16GB
http://www.amazon.com/16GB-PlayStat...7?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1325887067&sr=1-17

32GB (Became available around 1pm PST)
http://www.amazon.com/32GB-PlayStat...0?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1325887086&sr=1-20

Don't shoot the messenger please. I know this section is for "deals" but I did not see another section that would bring attention to these cards. The 32GB was in huge demand in Japan and sold out the first day. I expect there will be shortages of these in the US, and delays for people who do not order the 32GB early. (aka on the long list at gamestop/newegg)

Hope this helps other people get their preorders locked in.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can swap sticks as long as they are the same account right?

If so, an 8 Gig and a 4 Gig seems like more than enough for now. Just hoping most Vita games dont have a ton of Add-On's coming soon. (Seeing as some use the same DLC as the PS3 versions)

Bought the 8GB. Contrary to what @caltab said, an 8GB memory card should have roughly 7.4GB usable...more than enough space for games and demos (I plan on getting physical games mostly).

[quote name='Pucker']Nintendo and Sony are still playing like the IPad/Smartphone world doesn't exist. It's a new world now, and they aren't living in it. [/QUOTE]If anything, Sony went overboard with the whole "every part of the UI is its own app" approach.
[quote name='Pucker']Single purpose device? Proprietary memory format? $50 a game? Forget it.[/QUOTE]
Outside of not being able to make phone calls, how is the Vita a single purpose device? It plays game, music, and videos... doesn't it? Not that you'd carry around something as big as the Vita just to listen to music, but you do have the option available to you. What memory format does the iPhone take? The difference is Apple is getting all the price gouging done upfront whereas Sony is taking a piecemeal approach. Hopefully cheap smartphone games and larger-scale 3DS/Vita games can coexist in peace, but I'm not too optimistic on that one.

[quote name='LegacyGamer']VITA is on it's way to failure.

Reason # 1: Cost of Sony Proprietary memory cards.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure Sandisk will come and save the day.

[quote name='SynGamer']Bought the 8GB. Contrary to what @caltab said, an 8GB memory card should have roughly 7.4GB usable...more than enough space for games and demos (I plan on getting physical games mostly).[/QUOTE]

I was basing that off the fact my kids iPod touch is 8 gb and only has 6.4 gigs of storage, I guess it's the OS taking up the extra space. The extra gig won't change anything for me anyways, its still not a big enough size to avoid physical games.

[quote name='LegacyGamer']VITA is on it's way to failure.

Reason # 1: Cost of Sony Proprietary memory cards.[/QUOTE]

Agree

# 2 cost of vita.
# 3 crap battery life.

Sony could of included an 8gb/16gb built in memory option with the vita at the same price point (249 and 299 is still to high imo though)

But if they included memory then they wouldnt be getting guarenteed memory card sales for every single vita sold. In japan it isnt doing very well.... and it can only be expected to do worse in the states.

It might be a case of a price drop within 90days of release of the system itself. And the only hope for memory card prices droping is if Sandisk comes along and makes the same cards for half the price fo sonys.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']Agree

# 2 cost of vita.
# 3 crap battery life.

Sony could of included an 8gb/16gb built in memory option with the vita at the same price point (249 and 299 is still to high imo though)

But if they included memory then they wouldnt be getting guarenteed memory card sales for every single vita sold. In japan it isnt doing very well.... and it can only be expected to do worse in the states.

It might be a case of a price drop within 90days of release of the system itself. And the only hope for memory card prices droping is if Sandisk comes along and makes the same cards for half the price fo sonys.[/QUOTE]
Reason #4 shitty DRM :booty:

[quote name='Ivanhoe']Agree

# 2 cost of vita.
# 3 crap battery life.
[/QUOTE]

$249.99 for a 5" OLED screen, 4-core CPU, 4-core GPU, wi-fi, bluetooth, touchscreen (front and back), 512MB memory for games, 128MB for the OS...nah, nothing of that is worth $249.99 :roll:

How quickly people forget seeing this first unveiled at E3 last year and then cheering, actually CHEERING when Sony announced that it would only cost $249.99.

As far as battery life, I believe with brightness on high and wi-fi enabled, most reviewers have reported roughly 4.5 hours. Take the above specs into consideration (and brightness on high) and that's a very respectable number.

Either way, I can't wait for February :)

I don't want to get into if the Vita will fail or do very well, but I am really surprised at a lot of the posts here.

Should the Vita come with onboard memory, I agree it would be nice, but to say that Sony is stupid for not doing it is insane.

The PSP, PS2, GC, PS1 all required memory cards to save games. I know those are past generations and times change. People were shocked the price was $250, people were thinking minimum $300 for the wifi only model due to the specs it has. Maybe Sony is losing money on every PSV sold, I haven't seen a tear-down and breakdown of the costs yet.

Even if they are making money on it, flash memory is very expensive to make. Does it cost $100 to make a 32GB card, no of course not, but it costs a lot more then $15.

This is CAG, I get it, well all come here to save money. But to basically hope a product fails just so you can get it cheaper later is horrid and to me shows a sense of entitlement that people are getting.

I hope every game made does extremely well and makes companies money, that way they stay in business and provide jobs for people and allows the company to continue to make games.

I want a Vita, I really do, but sadly I don't have the funds to purchase one when it comes out as it stands, but if I ever get enough money to purchase one I have no issue paying the $250 for it.

[quote name='Tony208']$100 for 32GB? the materials only cost like $15 tops

they most of learned their price gouging from Apple[/QUOTE]

you can buy 32gb micro sd cards nowdays for 29.99 (on sale even less)
just shows you how bad proprietary memorycars are for consumers

meanwhile sony will be happy with making 99.99 for their 32gb cards ... until they see sales dropping for the vita i guess.

[quote name='SynGamer']$249.99 for a 5" OLED screen, 4-core CPU, 4-core GPU, wi-fi, bluetooth, touchscreen (front and back), 512MB memory for games, 128MB for the OS...nah, nothing of that is worth $249.99 :roll:

How quickly people forget seeing this first unveiled at E3 last year and then cheering, actually CHEERING when Sony announced that it would only cost $249.99.

As far as battery life, I believe with brightness on high and wi-fi enabled, most reviewers have reported roughly 4.5 hours. Take the above specs into consideration (and brightness on high) and that's a very respectable number.

Either way, I can't wait for February :)[/QUOTE]

Was there an instance at E3 where people did not cheer at unveiling of something, anything?

I think people are more upset with the fact that it used proprietary memory card. Sony did that with their digital cameras back in the day and they've since changed it to allow other card formats.

I can't really weigh in on the vita but I do know I should find my psp. I played wipeout on it and then I never played it again. Such a shame.

[quote name='SynGamer']$249.99 for a 5" OLED screen, 4-core CPU, 4-core GPU, wi-fi, bluetooth, touchscreen (front and back), 512MB memory for games, 128MB for the OS...nah, nothing of that is worth $249.99 :roll:

Agreed. I don't know how people can say its too much when the specs clearly say its a good price. Everyone thought that it would be $350 when it first revealed

[quote name='nas6034']Was there an instance at E3 where people did not cheer at unveiling of something, anything?[/QUOTE]
When they announced that AT&t would be the carrier for the 3G version they booed

Whine, whine, whine. Bitch, complain, moan. DOOM AND GLOOM! DOOM AND GLOOM!

Wow, I just summed up the whole thread.

Oh, almost forgot: Game consoles are for old people! Phones and tablets are teh only game machines now!

Yes, people cheered when the 3DS was still $250, there was zero talk of a mandatory memory card (yes, even those of us who don't buy download games have to buy a memory card which is totally ridiculous) and everyone assumed the games would be comparably priced to the 3DS. Since that time, the economy has continued to struggle, the 3DS has had a $70 price cut and many 3DS games including first party stuff have collapsed in price. Like it or not, the Vita is competing with not only the 3DS, but consoles including the PS3 and 360 (both of which were $200 with bundled games around the holidays) and other devices like the iPad and iPhone/Droid smartphones. Personally, I don't need or want console like performance from a handheld as I have a 360, PS3 and Wii for that. I want something that is fun to play on the go with great games that is priced comparably to other things on the market. I think that's what the vast majority of consumers want as well. Time will tell, but I doubt Sony is going to hold the line on the pricing when the modest sales start rolling in and third parties start pressuring them to drop the hardware price.

Damn these cards are expensive, even for class 10s. You can get 16 gb class 10s for $20 at Newegg.

Luckily there are enough great 2012 :3ds: games coming out to tide me over until Black Friday 2012 to pick up a Vita + card + game.

I trust dropping $250 on launch for a Nintendo product...hell, I got 24 "free" games from Nintendo this year just because I am a fan of the Pilotwings series and wanted to play it in March.

I don't trust dropping $250 on launch for a product made by the same people who completely abandoned their last handheld (PSPGo) just because they didn't feel like putting any effort into improving the PSN store for legacy titles.

[quote name='sadakou']
Luckily there are enough great 2012 :3ds: games coming out to tide me over until Black Friday 2012 to pick up a Vita + card + game.
[/QUOTE]
Really looking forward what BF2012 would offer on Vita, hope they make the wait worthwhile.

[quote name='JG5253']Agreed. I don't know how people can say its too much when the specs clearly say its a good price. Everyone thought that it would be $350 when it first revealed

When they announced that AT&t would be the carrier for the 3G version they booed[/QUOTE]

Actually, everyone was worried it would be $350. The cheering was that it wasn't $350. Now that we realize it is $350 the cheering is gone.

[quote name='yantelope']Actually, everyone was worried it would be $350. The cheering was that it wasn't $350. Now that we realize it is $350 the cheering is gone.[/QUOTE]

It's only $350 if you get a 32GB card. If you don't plan on downloading games you don't need a card that large. Why people judge the price of an item based on the maximum features is beyond me. If we're going to play that game though, then the ipad 2 is $800+ since the max spec 3g model is $800+!

As far as this year is concerned I'm pretty sure everyone is going to be doom and gloom until 2012 is over and everyone knows the world didn't/is not going to end any time soon.

[quote name='Minions']It's only $350 if you get a 32GB card. If you don't plan on downloading games you don't need a card that large. Why people judge the price of an item based on the maximum features is beyond me. If we're going to play that game though, then the ipad 2 is $800+ since the max spec 3g model is $800+!

As far as this year is concerned I'm pretty sure everyone is going to be doom and gloom until 2012 is over and everyone knows the world didn't/is not going to end any time soon.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. If anything the system is only $270 nd still pretty good for the specs it has

Those cards are expensive for just being blank media. I give it a year or two before the become as cheap as $8. Hell I know China is already going to bootleg them.

I wish people just wouldn't buy the damn thing out of principle. Sony just refuses to learn when it comes to pricing. I'll just wait an extra few months for the price drop I guess.

I'm more interested to know what the prices are going to look like on the remaining PSP bundles that my Targets and Best Buys have are going to drop to. I may get one for a time waster if they drop low enough.

I am not even considering a Vita. Wayyyy too much money for the limited usage I'd get on it.

[quote name='Rodster']Hmmm just read that BB in Canada is giving a free copy of Uncharted with the Vita preorder.[/QUOTE]

Link?

Reading through this thread has brought me to an important thought:

How the heck has no one made a controller accessory for phones? Adjustable grips to fit any phone size, Bluetooth connection, and I doubt it would take long for devs to.incorporate functionality. They could even charge a.buck and make more money

[quote name='missingno81']Those cards are expensive for just being blank media. I give it a year or two before the become as cheap as $8. Hell I know China is already going to bootleg them.[/QUOTE]

My thought exactly. China has dozens of copyright infringement in their courts and the always go in favor of the Chinese company for the tiniest difference. Even when the Big Dogs with deep pockets(General Motors) bring a suit. The prices are ludicrous, I just got a Lexar Pro class 10 32gb SDHC for $36. Over summer I got PNY class 10 32gb micro SD for $50. Sony wants $99?

My guess is they are overcompensating for all the times they have lost money on hardware like the PS3 for the first 4 years.

[quote name='6er']

How the heck has no one made a controller accessory for phones? Adjustable grips to fit any phone size, Bluetooth connection, and I doubt it would take long for devs to.incorporate functionality. They could even charge a.buck and make more money[/QUOTE]

There are a few for the iphone

[quote name='6er']Reading through this thread has brought me to an important thought:

How the heck has no one made a controller accessory for phones? Adjustable grips to fit any phone size, Bluetooth connection, and I doubt it would take long for devs to.incorporate functionality. They could even charge a.buck and make more money[/QUOTE]

There is the iCade for ipad for example.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/retro-gaming/e762/

Problem is really getting apps to support it.

[quote name='Minions']It's only $350 if you get a 32GB card. If you don't plan on downloading games you don't need a card that large. Why people judge the price of an item based on the maximum features is beyond me. If we're going to play that game though, then the ipad 2 is $800+ since the max spec 3g model is $800+!

As far as this year is concerned I'm pretty sure everyone is going to be doom and gloom until 2012 is over and everyone knows the world didn't/is not going to end any time soon.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't playing that game because I wasn't even going off the 3G model. Anyway, Most people on this thread are getting at least the 16GB card. Even so if you only get a 4GB card you're going to severely limit what you can do with your system.

[quote name='Minions']It's only $350 if you get a 32GB card. If you don't plan on downloading games you don't need a card that large. Why people judge the price of an item based on the maximum features is beyond me. [/QUOTE]

Because I have about 20gb in psp/ psnngames already

[quote name='yantelope']I wasn't playing that game because I wasn't even going off the 3G model. Anyway, Most people on this thread are getting at least the 16GB card. Even so if you only get a 4GB card you're going to severely limit what you can do with your system.[/QUOTE]

8GB is probably the best option. How is 4GB limiting yourself if you don't care to download games. You don't have to all your games downloaded at once since you can re-download your games as many times as you want

[quote name='6er']
My guess is they are overcompensating for all the times they have lost money on hardware like the PS3 for the first 4 years.[/QUOTE]
That could be a part of the reason. A more likely explanation is that it's Sony, and that's just what they do.
I'm even surprised it took them this long to come out with a product to compete with microSD. I guess it makes sense they're doing it now though, since you have to buy one for the Vita, and very few (if any) products would've supported it if they released it, the memory card, by itself.

Memory Cards for the Vita are encrypted and as far as I know, I don't think anyone has even cracked Magic Gate yet?

It also uses the Content Manger for checks.

[quote name='JG5253']8GB is probably the best option. How is 4GB limiting yourself if you don't care to download games. You don't have to all your games downloaded at once since you can re-download your games as many times as you want[/QUOTE]

Several reasons.

1) some games will be PSN only
2) If you do decide to start downloading PS Vita games you will only get one or two on 4GB stick
3) DLC
4) most importantly for those of us that saw the PSP BC coming a mile away and started buying PSP games DD the 4gb isn't nearly enough. I have a 16GB card filled right now on my psp alone, not counting if I were to even start DL vita games.

Now, yea you could go physical media only and save money, but again people doing that have no excuse to piss and moan later if Sony does release another handheld and again only PSN DD games are BC only and the physical format is not supported. At this point the precedence has been set and people should know whats up since the PSP GO.

People may not like DD, and thats peoples opinion/choice but I think its pretty damn apparent if you care at all about BC DD is going to be safest route to insure playablitly on really all the consoles in the future. That goes for Xbox and PS3 as well, at this point the physical media BC was botched barely supported on either console and its far from guaranteed on the next gen consoles but it much easier for them to support BC from games bought DD from XBL and PSN.

[quote name='ponn01']4) most importantly for those of us that saw the PSP BC coming a mile away and started buying PSP games DD the 4gb isn't nearly enough. I have a 16GB card filled right now on my psp alone, not counting if I were to even start DL vita games.[/QUOTE]

I have a 32gb card filled and that isn't even all my PSP or PS1 games. I'm getting a 32gb now and a 32gb later.

When you guys said there will be a physical game that will be a memory card not a physical disc right?

[quote name='j.t']When you guys said there will be a physical game that will be a memory card not a physical disc right?[/QUOTE]

Yes it will be a physical game card

[quote name='ponn01']Several reasons.

1) some games will be PSN only
2) If you do decide to start downloading PS Vita games you will only get one or two on 4GB stick
3) DLC
4) most importantly for those of us that saw the PSP BC coming a mile away and started buying PSP games DD the 4gb isn't nearly enough. I have a 16GB card filled right now on my psp alone, not counting if I were to even start DL vita games.

Now, yea you could go physical media only and save money, but again people doing that have no excuse to piss and moan later if Sony does release another handheld and again only PSN DD games are BC only and the physical format is not supported. At this point the precedence has been set and people should know whats up since the PSP GO.

People may not like DD, and thats peoples opinion/choice but I think its pretty damn apparent if you care at all about BC DD is going to be safest route to insure playablitly on really all the consoles in the future. That goes for Xbox and PS3 as well, at this point the physical media BC was botched barely supported on either console and its far from guaranteed on the next gen consoles but it much easier for them to support BC from games bought DD from XBL and PSN.[/QUOTE]

I'm just saying that a 8GB and 16GB should be good enough. Do people need to have 20 games filled up at all times? If you're running out of space delete the game your not going to be playing then re-download when you want to download it again. I'm probably going to get an 8GB to start off then 32GB later

Uea a 4GB was fine for me the entire time I owned a PSP. I just delete whatever games I am not playing. Usually just have the 2-3 games I currently play

[quote name='JG5253']I'm just saying that a 8GB and 16GB should be good enough. Do people need to have 20 games filled up at all times? If you're running out of space delete the game your not going to be playing then re-download when you want to download it again. I'm probably going to get an 8GB to start off then 16GB later[/QUOTE]

I want to have as many games with me as possible; Vita, PSP and PS1. So for me a 32gb isn't even enough. I'd pay for 64gb if they had it. Although since the Vita won't be supporting PS1 games right away a 32gb will be plenty for now. I'll probably manage my PSP game different on the Vita since I'll still have my PSP and won't need access to all of them one 1 device. Probably just keep my most played PSP titles on the Vita.

For most people an 8gb or 16gb should be plenty.

[quote name='JG5253']I'm just saying that a 8GB and 16GB should be good enough. Do people need to have 20 games filled up at all times? If you're running out of space delete the game your not going to be playing then re-download when you want to download it again. I'm probably going to get an 8GB to start off then 16GB later[/QUOTE]

well what I quoted was you asking why a 4GB card would be limiting and thats what I was responding to so I don't see anything wrong with a 16gb stick. I personally was planning on a 16gb card. Should be big enough to hold some old psp games and psone games. See pretty much all the FF Playstation games are 1gig and bigger, xenogears is huge as well and PS3P and tactics ogre are both over a gig so that space eats up quick. On top of that i do use my current PSP for music and videos so those take up space, cards fill up quick with only a couple PSP games, some FF psone games and video and music.

And with PSN download speeds and ISP caps it's not feasible to keep deleting and downloading games on demand. The FF PSONE games alone took about half hour. I have a PS3 but only 160gb which I also use as a media server so space is limited and since Sony changed the way you transfer and install games from ps3 to psp, making it atrocious and cumbersome and that also hate the media go interface its just not convenient at all.

Having said all that I don't think it's stupid or a bad decison to go with a 4gig card right now if you don't have a backlog of PSP games to play and/or a psp to play them on under the assumption you are going to keep your psp. It also wouldn't be a bad idea to get a 4gb card for right now if you are sticking with the physical media and can make do till the memory card prices drop like they did for PSP. Unfortunately thats not an option for me since I don't plan on keeping my psp and using it to fund a purchase of a vita so a 16gb card is minimum for me.

Thats why all these reports of sluggish Japanese sales is giving me pause. I understand the negatives of launch buying but the quick drop of the 3ds has added a very real and plausible scenario to the buying at launch scenarios. I already held off getting a 3DS at launch and that has paid off in dividends so far and now with the "we knew it was coming" redesign already rumored around the corner its definitely worth holding off a little longer on that. I guess in the end any purchases, especially launch system purchases are not a straight forward best answer fits all buyers situation.

For me i'm thinking more and more its best to just hold off till memory card prices drop and either a system price drop or redesign or both. I have so many PSP games i haven't even beat yet like FFIV complete, Tactics Ogre and Persona 3 and games I wanted to get like Y's and Trails in the Sky. Sorry for the long post and don't mean to drop peoples hype or try to talk anyone out of buying the system, its a pretty sweet system. Just the economy is hitting us all and sometimes we have to shop smart. Plus, goddamn Feb and March is already filled with games to buy and some collectors editions I wanted on top of that like FFXIII-2, Mass Effect 3 and SSX.

[quote name='62t']Uea a 4GB was fine for me the entire time I owned a PSP. I just delete whatever games I am not playing. Usually just have the 2-3 games I currently play[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I don't get why people feel the need to complain that they can't carry 20+ games with them at all times. No one is going to play that many games on any single given day. Maybe 4-5 games max. I ended up pre-ordering the 8GB because I plan on downloading demos and want to have some space for a few games + demos/music/movies should I desire those.

EDIT: in regards to the content manager, I was under the impression those files/games were stored on your computer...therefore they shouldn't require re-downloading.

[quote name='SynGamer']Agreed. I don't get why people feel the need to complain that they can't carry 20+ games with them at all times. No one is going to play that many games on any single given day. Maybe 4-5 games max. I ended up pre-ordering the 8GB because I plan on downloading demos and want to have some space for a few games + demos/music/movies should I desire those.

EDIT: in regards to the content manager, I was under the impression those files/games were stored on your computer...therefore they shouldn't require re-downloading.[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome if true and then I would only need an 8 or 16Gb

I think the Vita itself is very fairly priced. It is a pretty high end piece of hardware and when it was announced with its priced, pretty every place was surprised at the MSRP, everyone was expecting $300 right out of the door.

My issues and the reason I will not be buying one are simple, game prices (I refuse to spend $40-$50 for a handheld game sorry) and memory card prices.

The reason why I refuse to spend $40-$50 on a handheld game is simple. I will not be sitting down to play it for hours straight, maybe 2 if I am lucky. If I am home where I would get ample amount of time to sit down and play a game. I will not first spend that time in front of a tiny screen instead of my monitors or tv and also it defeats the purpose of having a portable device if I am just going to sit home to play it. I use portable game systems for quick bursts of gaming when I get the chance, most the time this is 30 minutes tops at a time and maybe not even once a day sometimes.

Memory card prices, lol ......need I say anything on this matter.

Oh, one more thing I didn't touch on. Since it seems Sony is wanting the Vita to download it's games and I wont be surprised if there are some games only available through the PSN which I have no problems with. But the problem is, Sony/MS/Nintendo don't know how to freaking put shit on sale. As a PC gamer who is a big Steam user, when I see the "sales" that XBL/PSN have for their games, it is a freaking shame.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Oh, one more thing I didn't touch on. Since it seems Sony is wanting the Vita to download it's games and I wont be surprised if there are some games only available through the PSN which I have no problems with. But the problem is, Sony/MS/Nintendo don't know how to freaking put shit on sale. As a PC gamer who is a big Steam user, when I see the "sales" that XBL/PSN have for their games, it is a freaking shame.[/QUOTE]

Really? I think sale prices on the PSN have been fairly decent and happen often. The sales and price drops do occur with less frequency then retail though. Yeah, they're not the Steam sale prices, but who else has sales like Steam does?

[quote name='SynGamer']Agreed. I don't get why people feel the need to complain that they can't carry 20+ games with them at all times. No one is going to play that many games on any single given day. Maybe 4-5 games max. I ended up pre-ordering the 8GB because I plan on downloading demos and want to have some space for a few games + demos/music/movies should I desire those.

EDIT: in regards to the content manager, I was under the impression those files/games were stored on your computer...therefore they shouldn't require re-downloading.[/QUOTE]

Currently there's no way of getting Vita games to your PC (can't access Vita part of the store on Media Go) so Content Manager for transfering games is stricly between PS3 and PS Vita only. PC are MP3s, Pictures and movie files for now.

[quote name='KaOTiK']I think the Vita itself is very fairly priced. It is a pretty high end piece of hardware and when it was announced with its priced, pretty every place was surprised at the MSRP, everyone was expecting $300 right out of the door.

My issues and the reason I will not be buying one are simple, game prices (I refuse to spend $40-$50 for a handheld game sorry) and memory card prices.

The reason why I refuse to spend $40-$50 on a handheld game is simple. I will not be sitting down to play it for hours straight, maybe 2 if I am lucky. If I am home where I would get ample amount of time to sit down and play a game. I will not first spend that time in front of a tiny screen instead of my monitors or tv and also it defeats the purpose of having a portable device if I am just going to sit home to play it. I use portable game systems for quick bursts of gaming when I get the chance, most the time this is 30 minutes tops at a time and maybe not even once a day sometimes.

Memory card prices, lol ......need I say anything on this matter.

Oh, one more thing I didn't touch on. Since it seems Sony is wanting the Vita to download it's games and I wont be surprised if there are some games only available through the PSN which I have no problems with. But the problem is, Sony/MS/Nintendo don't know how to freaking put shit on sale. As a PC gamer who is a big Steam user, when I see the "sales" that XBL/PSN have for their games, it is a freaking shame.[/QUOTE]
Sony has been treating PS+ members VERY well with sales. For instance, Back to the Future is currently free on PSN for PS+ members...

bread's done
Back