Vita sleep mode question...

chriscolbert

CAGiversary!
Feedback
44 (100%)
Until recently, every Vita game I had played would go into sleep mode automatically after five minutes of inactivity and not eat up the battery. I noticed though that Persona 3 Portable killed my battery despite appearing to be in sleep mode.

Does the sleep mode only work properly with original Vita games? I just started playing the Metal Gear Solid collection and I've noticed that doesn't even go into sleep mode automatically so I didn't know if I manually put it to sleep if it would work right.

My Vita is plugged in 99% of the time I'm playing it, but not ever plugged in the rest of the time. I thought my Vita had somehow crapped out on me when it wouldn't turn on after I had stopped playing P3P and it was obnoxious having to wait for it to build up enough juice to simply turn on.

I hope all this rambling makes sense. :)

I'm not sure about the auto-sleep mode...I usually just hit the playstation logo button to bring the game into the sleep or paused state and then hit the button on top to black out the screen or to put it in sleep.

[quote name='jkam']I'm not sure about the auto-sleep mode...I usually just hit the playstation logo button to bring the game into the sleep or paused state and then hit the button on top to black out the screen or to put it in sleep.[/QUOTE]
Yes, this is what he should do.

careful when you allow it to go into sleep mode.. it got too close to my DSI now we got freaking vita/dsi babies runnning around :)

really though is there somewhere to set up sleep mode cause mine goes into sleep mode around 1 min if im not messing around with it

My experience playing Persona 3 on the Vita is that sometimes it auto sleeps correctly and sometimes it will auto sleep with the music still playing (which is a glitch).

[quote name='WormFOODx']My experience playing Persona 3 on the Vita is that sometimes it auto sleeps correctly and sometimes it will auto sleep with the music still playing (which is a glitch).[/QUOTE]

This must have been what happened. The problem was that I fell asleep playing it and when I woke up the screen was black and I assumed in sleep mode. I normally hit the top button but didn't for obvious reasons in this case. I keep my volume really low so I don't remember hearing any music or else I would've checked it out.

But the Metal Gear Solid collection will not go into sleep mode automatically. I have my settings to go to sleep at five minutes and today at work I tested it for 45 minutes and it never went black.

bread's done
Back