Vita without owning PS3?

bellenoire2005

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I actually own an XBox 360, but am very interested in buying the Vita since I have use for a handheld device. I don't have a PS3 though, and I'm wondering if in order to get the "full experience" I need one? Any thoughts?

I think you will pretty much get the "full experience". The remote play is pretty useless atm, and other than that I'll i've used my ps3 for was transferring some psp games that weren't visible on the psn via the vita. And I backed up my vita's mem card onto the ps3. Those are pretty much the only useful things I have seen the ps3 do for the vita. So imo I think you will be fine :)

[quote name='Midori Monkey']I think you will pretty much get the "full experience". The remote play is pretty useless atm, and other than that I'll i've used my ps3 for was transferring some psp games that weren't visible on the psn via the vita. And I backed up my vita's mem card onto the ps3. Those are pretty much the only useful things I have seen the ps3 do for the vita. So imo I think you will be fine :)[/QUOTE]

Another useful thing about remote play is that you can play the PS1 Classics through the PS3. Beats waiting for official support...

Yeah, at this point the Remote Play is more or a cool tech demo than anything else. Aside from playing PS1 games, it doesn't really offer much. Well, for me, anyway.

I admit, though, the first time you see your PS3 screen on the Vita is pretty cool. That diminished when I realized 90% of the stuff I clicked didn't work. Eh.

I have a feeling Sony will add more PS3 features support to the Vita in the future to further entice and target your specific demographic into buying a PS3.

Heck, Sony pretty much "coerced" each Vita owner to purchase a memory card.

However, a PS3 is unnecessary to get the "Full Experience" (at the present time).

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back