Viva Pinata for $41.94 Shipped CD Universe + GCO (Xbox 360)

wootness

CAG Veteran
Amazon deal was great... esp. with Amazon Prime... but it has a 4-6 week delay to it.
CD Universe has Viva Pinata Launch Edition for $41.94 SHIPPED after Google checkout.
I think it's a better deal than Target as it doesn't charge sales tax on most states and no need to stow away $10 in gift card.
Grab yours before I post this on SD and it goes out of stock.
As someone mentioned, this game is the sleeper game of the year.
Watch it! it's apparently addictive~ ;)

Code:
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7246697&style=games&BAB=D

Linkified

Reviews:
Code:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/strategy/vivapinata/review.html?mode=web

Reviews linkified

This game is amazing. I've been playi ng it non-stop since I got it. If you are not the typical 360 owner, this game is right up your alley.

Just pulled the trigger and placed an order. Thanks for the heads up! Also, that was my first time using Google Checkout - just signed up for an account and wow, that was really fast and easy to checkout! Awesome!

[quote name='serum79']how can you tell that it's the launch edition? Didn't the LE version have a circular disc case near the top?[/quote]

Look at the product title: Viva Pinata Launch Edition =)

[quote name='wootness']Look at the product title: Viva Pinata Launch Edition =)[/quote]

hmm, i must be blind becase i still don't see launch edition on the product page anywhere, but i bit anyways. thanks :)

Yea I don't see "Launch Edition" in the title either. I was about to make the purchase but only if it was the launch edition.

[quote name='cag1000']Yea I don't see "Launch Edition" in the title either. I was about to make the purchase but only if it was the launch edition.[/quote]

WTH, it was there last night!!!
Anyway guys, they are only selling the Launch Edition atm... I searched everywhere and I cannot find two different SKU's to distinguish one from the other. I think launch edition will run throughout November until the special edition comes out in December.

[quote name='wootness']WTH, it was there last night!!!
Anyway guys, they are only selling the Launch Edition atm... I searched everywhere and I cannot find two different SKU's to distinguish one from the other. I think launch edition will run throughout November until the special edition comes out in December.[/quote]

Ok thanx I think I might order then. Do you know if the special edition will be better or more "special" and I should wait?

[quote name='cag1000']Ok thanx I think I might order then. Do you know if the special edition will be better or more "special" and I should wait?[/quote]

Looks like the special edition of Viva Piñata will contain a bunch of demos you can download freely off of Xbox Live, as well as a LEGO Star Wars II demo, and an episode of the cartoon television series. Interesting, but not really worth it in my opinion.
  • A playable demo of LucasArts’ “LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy,” which combines the fun and endless customisation of LEGO play and with a hilarious tongue-in-cheek take on the epic story, characters and action from the classic Star Wars: Episodes IV, V and VI films
  • A playable demo of the arcade classic “Frogger” that is enhanced and reinvigorated for the Xbox 360. The game features new artwork that matches and compliments the original style
  • A “Time Pilot” playable demo for gamers to fly a futuristic fighter jet with the ability to travel through time to destroy wave after wave of enemies
  • A return to AstroLab for a playable demo of “Marble Blast,” where players guide their marbles through a rich cartoon landscape of moving platforms and perilous obstacles
  • Also included in the Special Edition “Viva Piñata” game will be a sneak peek at the wacky, zany, anything-can-happen animated TV series, produced by 4Kids Entertainment & Bardel Entertainment. With this full-length episode of the colorful animated series, Kids can experience Piñata Island for themselves, where multitudes of happy, colorful piñatas live the sweet life.
-> worth the extra bucks? NOPE

Just to set things straight:

The Limited Edition, which is the only version available to everyone until early December, does not cost more. It's at $50, which is even a $10 savings from usual 360 game releases. Again, I say:

The Limited Edition has an MSRP of $50. You are not charged extra

It does include an extra disc with the same downloadable Arcade demo content on XBLM and comes in a different case.

Second, there is no such thing as the "special edition". I think the OP made a typo or is misinformed. This Limited Edition is the only one Rare made available at launch. Around the first week of December, the regular edition will start shipping and that comes in the regular DVD cases that 360 games come in. It will also cost you $50.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Just to set things straight:

The Limited Edition, which is the only version available to everyone until early December, does not cost more. It's at $50, which is even a $10 savings from usual 360 game releases. Again, I say:

The Limited Edition has an MSRP of $50. You are not charged extra

It does include an extra disc with the same downloadable Arcade demo content on XBLM on an extra disc and comes in a different case.

Second, there is no such thing as the "special edition". I think the poster above made a typo or is misinformed. This Limited Edition is the only one Rare made available at launch. Around the first week of December, the regular edition will start shipping and that comes in the regular DVD cases that 360 games come in. It will also cost you $50.[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up!
As for the Limited Ed. vs. Special Ed... I was misinformed by online stores. LE or SE is all the same to me :lol:

Awesome, thanks for clearing everything up wootness and SteveMcQ. Now I am even happier that i took the plunge before.

bread's done
Back