Viva Pinata: Party Animals + Wireless Controller for 39.99 at Best Buy

Thanks. I know the controller's been cheaper as of late (elsewhere online), but at worst, the difference effectively makes Party Animals a, what, $8 game? Free shipping clinched it.

[quote name='jollydwarf']Thanks. I know the controller's been cheaper as of late (elsewhere online), but at worst, the difference effectively makes Party Animals a, what, $8 game? Free shipping clinched it.[/quote]

I haven't played the Viva Pinata games myself, is it a decent game? I'd be willing to buy this, but I just need to justify the purchase. I already have enough controllers... so if the game itself is half decent I'd be in. :whee:

If by "half-decent" you mean a gamerankings.com aggregate score of 58%, then, yes, I suppose it's halfway decent. But the way I look at it is that I needed another wireless controller, and there are a lot of XBLA games that don't offer nearly as much as I understand Party Animals does, that are at least a couple bucks more than the 'cost' of the game that I derived from very recent deals on the wireless controller alone.

Or if you look at the game as a throw-in for a $40 controller, then I think it's got to be pretty damned terrible to make this deal undesirable to someone in the market for another controller.

As CAG's (pseudo-) own Nick Suttner said in his 1up review (back in the days when the site was still good, like, a couple weeks ago):

Party Animals isn't a bad game; it's just a thoroughly limited one. It doesn't bring anything new to the table, and while its party games provide some casual fun, it relies far too heavily on the Viva Piñata license for the bulk of the entertainment.

So, there you go.

Oh snap I almost confused this for Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise. Party Animals is pretty mediocre. Not a bad deal if you're really looking for a controller though.

B&M as well?

I have to go back and get a price adjustment on Chrono Trigger, might not be a bad way to put the money to use.

[quote name='Strell']B&M as well?

I have to go back and get a price adjustment on Chrono Trigger, might not be a bad way to put the money to use.[/QUOTE]

I saw some the other day B&M, and I believe they were the same price. It may have been $49.99. My guess is it's to compete with the "WiiPlay/Controller" package.

[quote name='SteveyWonderMac']I saw some the other day B&M, and I believe they were the same price. It may have been $49.99. My guess is it's to compete with the "WiiPlay/Controller" package.[/QUOTE]

Definitely was more than 39.99, and is definitely meant to compete with the Wii Play thing (that's been discussed a few times here and there).

I mean the game itself could be traded away or resold or given as a gift - I just want a cheap second controller.

If it was any other viva pinata game it would be a no brainer, but this game is like Mario Party on drugs. Not even good drugs that make things more fun, bad drugs that just bring you down. With four people though, its still a standard party game.

bread's done
Back