Vizio 37" 1080p LCD HDTV $429, is this a good deal?

yukonrye

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Dell has a Vizio 37" LCD today for $429 (link) This would be my first HDTV and the size is the largest that will fit in my entertainment center (which I need to keep). It will be hooked up to my HD cable box, PS3 and computer.

I don't know too much about HDTVs but it is within the price range I want to pay. Anyone think it's a good deal?

I have a Vizio myself, though its back in 2008 when it was like 530 bucks for a 26", but even so I have felt it was a good deal, and I looked at some reviews for ya and they all say great things. I would honestly say go for it, and thats the best price I can find online for it as well.

It's a pretty good deal. I paid $419 for my 32" Vizio last year... I've had no problems with it and have enjoyed having it.

I paid $600 in January or February of last year for a 32" 720p Sony Bravia, and that wasn't too bad of a deal at the time. I wish I could have known prices would fall through the floor on HDTVs later in the year and waited, but then I wouldn't have had any TV at all since my previous one had just died on me.

Anyway, that Vizo you found seems like a pretty great deal. Vizio seems to really be coming along in quality, and I've heard tons of people recommend them.

I have both a Vizio and Sylvania. They are both decent televisions. But I like the Sylvania much more, great picture and sleek design.

i bought the 37'' SV370XVT last month and i really like it
wink.gif

I waited until the last minute and finally bought it. Hooray for finally living with modern technology. I have the new TV, a PS3, and a bunch of games on their way in the mail :)

Guess I need to re-buy all the Pixar movies on Blu-ray too.

In terms for Bang for the buck, Vizios have to be one of the better tv's on the market. Great quality for a low price.

Awesome my new TV came toda..............fuck me it's DOA.

Won't power on. :(

Dell is replacing it. I called Vizio customer service to make sure there wasn't some magical way to turn it on. It was at least pleasing to find out that Vizio's CS center was located in the US, South Dakota specifically. They made it a point to tell me that.

I recently bought a 42" Vizio and did a lot of research on it, seems that a few years back there was a problem with the display dying (which costs more to replace then to buy a new t.v) anyways looks like that issue has been resolved as within the passed year everyone's been happy with theirs. I personally run my Vizio 5hrs+ per day and have had no problems with it. I would say get it.

bread's done
Back