Vizio or Westinghouse?

rvdrock

CAGiversary!
I'm curious as to which 32' tv would be better overall for me, so I wanna hear from owners of both brands...

I have a 42" Vizio. I get a lot of compliments on it. Best bang for your buck brand IMO. The styling is a hell of a lot better than Westinghouse too.

Guys, "save up for something more expensive" is almost always an answer, but one that some people can't abide by.

I'm going to assume the OP is capable of understanding the logic, and probably already has, which is why he's trying to narrow it down.

That said, Vizio's form factor/aesthetics are really hard to beat. They kind of look like something Apple might think up - smooth, shiny, nicely curved. There are some odd things with mine (the "info" button hardly tells me what is on, and when it does, the time is way off, and the channel selector has some strange limitations), but overall, I couldn't be happier with mine considering the price I paid.

So I'd suggest them. Aren't Westinghouse models Best Buy's in-store brand? I wouldn't trust 'em.

I have a 37" Westinghouse that I'm very happy with after about a year. My buddy had a 32" model that broke after a month or so and they overnighted him a replacement while telling him to just return the busted one to BB. So contrary to all the customer service stories I've heard, it seems they were solid for him and his current set works great.

[quote name='guyver2077']none of the above[/QUOTE]

Seriously. I know it's not what you're after, but if you buy that thing...just pray that nothing goes wrong with it. Part of the reason they are cheaper is because you won't get much help if you have issues with it.

If you must have one of the two...Vizio.

Samsung is your best choice if you're going for an LCD. Sony is ok too, but overpriced...most of the time they are using the same panels as the Samsung sets anyway. Sharp is a pretty reasonable bet, but they have screen uniformity issues occasionally - it bothers some people, others don't care.

I'm basically trying to replace my 30' Philips CRT, because it doesn't have 720p and its a bitch to move...

bread's done
Back