Vizio VX32L and Rhythm Games

admanimal

CAG Veteran
I'm considering picking up a new Vizio 32" or 37" LCD TV. I have a 360 and almost exclusively play rhythm games (i.e. rock band), so the main thing I am concerned about is lag. Can anyone with one of these TVs have any opinions about playing this type of game on it? Any issues?

From what I know the lag issues mainly are caused by using standard composite cables (red/white/yellow) on HDTVs. You should be fine if you buy component cables (at least this has worked in two cases for me)

Yep, the games are fine with the lag adjustment, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I shy away from Vizio though. I bough their 42" plasma last summer, the screen made a loud buzzing noise and a tech visit to swap the power boards didn't help so it got returned and I ended up getting a 50" Sony LCD RPTV for $100 more.

The pic was very good on the Vizio though, just the damn annoying buzzing. Found that was a common problem with their plasmas from reading AVS at the time.

I've not heard of similar problems with their LCD tvs though, so you should be good.

I play GH2/3/RB on my 37'' Vizio VX37L and there is lag, but proper calibration can fix it. GH3's is not an issue due to the big timing window in that game, Rock Band, it ended up picking a low ms for the lag and it seems to be working. The audio for me, though, is optical and not out of the TV, so I do not know if that makes a difference.

Vizio I have a VX37 and experience pretty much no lag with guitar hero and rock band (I'm a little anal about the drums in rock band, so I finely tuned that) but no one I know ever had a problem before I did that

I have a Sony 37" RPHDTV and I play Guitar Hero with no problems. The only game I struggled with was Bust a Groove for PS1 through the PS3. Between the controller and signals, I barely could get through that game... so I traded it.

PS - Get the 37" :D

bread's done
Back