Vizio...worth it?

n11n12

CAGiversary!
My brother just moved out, taking his 60 inch DLP with him. Now I'll need to replace it with at least a 42 incher, with my own cash. Being a really cheap ass gamer, I've thought about Vizios, but I've heard very mixed reviews everywhere I search. The other option is a Samsung, if it turns out Vizios are as bad as I've heard.

Any thoughts?

Mine's fine. If you buy it from Costco, you have 90 days to return for almost any reason. Most manufacturing defects show up by then.

Yes it is the best bang for your buck. I have a 42" Vizio Plasma, only $698 at Wal-mart, I think even a little cheaper at Costco (plus better warrenty). This TV is beautiful, very clean, crisp, sharp picture.

When I worked in Electronics at Wal-Mart the only one's we got back were ones that had been damaged in shipping to the store. The customer took them because they were the only ones we had but ended up returning them.

We got quite a few Sharp back though. Interesting.

i got a 42" LCD 1080p Vizio 2 months back and I love it...walmart had it for $800 or so...buy the 3 year warranty, that should set your mind at ease...it's guaranteed for 3 years

The reviews I see aren't bad, but Vizio sets are cheaper for a reason. Beauty's in the eye of the beholder though, so if looks good to you then by all means get it.

I have two and have been very happy with them. You get what you pay for, look around and see what you like best. Do a bunch of reading at AVSForum and see what others say about whatever set you are thinking about getting. You will find people who love and hate every set for one reason or another. Visio has provided the best bang for the buck for me and have no problems recommending friends to at least consider them along with their other options.

I have an older vizio. I believe 3 years. It was ok, though the reds would really stick out. Otherwise, it's decent. You pretty much get what you pay for.

I'm sure their TVs have only gotten better.

Stay away from the new XVT Series Vizio's. They are the ones with 120hz and they look like shit. I dunno what they did to the TV but the older Vizio's looked a ton better. Everything about these XVT's seem off from Sharpness , color, and contrast in which you can adjust but still looks bad.

[quote name='manthing']Don't know if it's still true, but...

Wal-Mart Vizios =/= Other Vizios[/quote]

Almost but not quite true, the vizios at walmart, are the year's previous models usually. And I was told this direct from a vizio Rep.

Have had my 32" LCD for a year, and my brother has a 45-50" Plasma for 3 years. No problems with either. I know when I researched between Walmart and Circuit City that Walmart was 20-30 bucks cheaper but there was a definite difference. One the walmart setup had one HDMI and fewer external slots then the CC one. Both were 32" and both were for sale last year. Things may have changed, but best bet is with Costco or CC if they don't go under.

Got my vizio from walmart several months ago, and don't have any problems with it either. I wanted a smaller plasma tv and when I bought it was the only 32 inch plasma I could find, and at a great price.

The new Vizio 120Hz are amazing. I am going out to get one very soon. I really think the quality is really up there and the price is very good for your wallet.

[quote name='Dante Devil']The new Vizio 120Hz are amazing. I am going out to get one very soon. I really think the quality is really up there and the price is very good for your wallet.[/QUOTE]

The XVT series 120Hz models? Yea they are a good price but they are terrible sets.

[quote name='Dante Devil']I have to disagree with you on that. I've seen XVT models that had a great picture. What makes them terrible? Is it because they say Vizio on the box.

Plus, the people on this forum will most certainly disagree with you.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1045675[/QUOTE]

Good, disagree all you want. I see these TV's every single day at work. Picture Quality, Black Levels, Color, everything about this TV is just bad. @ Work I placed the 47" Vizio XVT right next to a 46" Samsung A550 and that Samsung just crushes it in picture quality. I don't remember the last time someone bought one of these Vizio's since we got the Sammy's in.

Also I don't have a problem with Vizio. I actually loved the 32" and 37" regular series ( not the XVT 120hz BS ) Those were nice TV's for the price but they still don't compare to anything Sony or Samsung puts out.

Every time I go to sams club which is once a week I see at least one person returning a Vizio TV, so take that for what its worth.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Good, disagree all you want. I see these TV's every single day at work. Picture Quality, Black Levels, Color, everything about this TV is just bad. @ Work I placed the 47" Vizio XVT right next to a 46" Samsung A550 and that Samsung just crushes it in picture quality. I don't remember the last time someone bought one of these Vizio's since we got the Sammy's in.

Also I don't have a problem with Vizio. I actually loved the 32" and 37" regular series ( not the XVT 120hz BS ) Those were nice TV's for the price but they still don't compare to anything Sony or Samsung puts out.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, not trying to insult you at all. I was simply stating that others think the sets are a good value. When you say "terrible sets" it sounds like you think they are worthless. I guess its just personal tastes.

I came upon this review on the 42 inch Vizio XVT. Sounded positive.

http://www.hdtvsolutions.com/VIZIO_SV420XVT_LCD_HDTV_Review.htm

[quote name='Dante Devil']Sorry, not trying to insult you at all. I was simply stating that others think the sets are a good value. When you say "terrible sets" it sounds like you think they are worthless. I guess its just personal tastes.

I came upon this review on the 42 inch Vizio XVT. Sounded positive.

http://www.hdtvsolutions.com/VIZIO_SV420XVT_LCD_HDTV_Review.htm[/QUOTE]

No problem. But yea I've read the reviews and the Vizio's XVT are getting solid ratings. I'm not exactly sure how though. I get they are solid for the price ( Cheapest Prices 120HZ TV ) but the quality is subpar. I bet they ( Review place or user ) had to do a ton of setting changes to achieve the best possible picture out of these things.

bread's done
Back