Voice set to "through headset", keeps coming through speakers

nintendokid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
Even as I power on system with no headset plugged in, the system keeps playing voice chat through my TV speakers. Yes, preferences are set to "though headset". When I plug in headset during play everything works as it should - I can speak, I can hear, and voice comes through headset. However, as soon as I unplug the headset cable it reverts to "through speakers" and I can hear the wannabe rappers again through my TV. When this happens, I check the preferences and it still is on "through headset". Very irritating, especially when I don't feel like using headset.

Please help.

note: this problem seem to occur after I started using the Tritton AX180 headset. However, I just don't think that's it because the problem would be more widespread since many folks use Turtle Beach's and Tritton's with 360.

I thought it was suppossed to work like that? Mine does... isnt there an option to mute everyone except for friends?

this might be it: Edit Profile → Privacy Settings → Voice and Text → Friends Only

[quote name='nintendokid']However, as soon as I unplug the headset cable it reverts to "through speakers" and I can hear the wannabe rappers again through my TV. .[/QUOTE]

I believe this happens for all of us when you unplug the mic, but like one poster said, you can set it for your friends only. That's what I have.

bread's done
Back