Vote For Amazon Blu-ray Deal of the Day - High Def Week 6/7 - 6/11

jp2

CAGiversary!
Mods, feel free to edit/delete if already posted, but I haven't seen this posted here.

I noticed today, Amazon has posted an open voting for the Blu-ray Deal of the Day during Hi-Def Week June 7 - 11. Doesn't specify which day Blu-ray will be featured.

The choices are:

• Ultimate Matrix Edition
  • Band of Brothers with bonus: The Pacific part 1
  • BBC Hi-Def Natural History Collection (Planet Earth, Wild China, Galapagos, Ganges)
  • The Universe Seasons 1-3
  • Star Trek: The Original Motion Picture Collection

I'm not a Matrix fan, but the rest all seem like good choices. Personally, I'm hoping for Band of Brothers, but I'd recommend everyone take a moment to vote for their most wanted blu here.

I'm guessing we'll see discounted LCD, Plasma, & Blu-ray players that week as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Voted for the universe the other day. I already have the Matrix Collection and Band Of Brothers. The others i'd be up for though, i just want the universe the most.

Voted for the Universe collection as that's the only one I don't have from the list besides the Star Trek movie collection.

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']Put a vote in for The Matrix.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I was able to buy Band of Brothers on Blu-ray for $34.99 when it was a DOTD, and would love to have the Matrix movies (especially the first two- hated the third one) on Blu-ray for a good price ($40 or less).

Band of Brother Blu Ray is on sale 2 times every year! Don't vote for it. Such a waste since it'll pop up like it always does. Went with the Planet Earth Collection because I'd watch it the most. I loved the Matrix but I know I've exhausted a lot of it's replay value.

Yeah I see Best Buy have HBO collections (blu-ray included) half off at least twice a year. Planet Earth is one that I've had for a while and it is ridiculously awesome.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I already got the Matrix collection for $16 so the rest is Meh.[/QUOTE]

Ghetto bootlegs sold out of car trunks don't count. Seriously though, $16? Nice score.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Ghetto bootlegs sold out of car trunks don't count. Seriously though, $16? Nice score.[/QUOTE]

It was actually a GoHastings Error around last Black Friday. I ordered The Matrix 16 anniversary edition and they sent me the Trilogy. I didn't complain. I don't think it's a bootleg or if it was it was pretty damn good duplicate. Thanks

BOB goes on sale twice a year and it's less than 30$ shipped at Amazon UK.

I voted for StarTrek personally.

[quote name='vx2']BOB goes on sale twice a year and it's less than 30$ shipped at Amazon UK.[/QUOTE]

The Matrix trilogy is the same price on amazon UK too...so I voted for Planet Earth.

So it's a high def *week* but they are only going to offer one deal? Seems like they could offer one of those each day...

[quote name='FadeToOne']So it's a high def *week* but they are only going to offer one deal? Seems like they could offer one of those each day...[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. But I still voted for Band of Brothers even though I have it on DVD.

I'm guessing the other DOTD's will be for TV's and BR players (possibly a new Tivo). The other titles could still show up in lightning deals... but that's a much smaller window of opportunity to buy.

Universe here as well. Already have the Matrix, Band of Brothers, and Planet Earth.

Didn't the Star Trek collection have some bad DNR issues?

[quote name='jp2']
The choices are:

• Ultimate Matrix Edition
  • Band of Brothers with bonus: The Pacific part 1
  • BBC Hi-Def Natural History Collection (Planet Earth, Wild China, Galapagos, Ganges)
  • The Universe Seasons 1-3
  • Star Trek: The Original Motion Picture Collection.[/QUOTE]
Wow...outside of The Universe, everything is or has been available than less than the probable Deal prices already.

And about ST:Movie collection? Nobody but Trekkies and completionists want ST5

Bleh....

[quote name='shrike4242']Star Trek movies vote for me, as I already have the Matrix set, Planet Earth, and Band of Brothers.[/QUOTE]

same as me!

i wrote in that it would be cool if they had the next generation BD set of 3 as well in addition to the first 6 in the vote.

also wrote in Mad Men S3 BD for

Voted for Star Trek since I already have BoB, had Planet Earth on HD DVD and want to forget they made sequels to The Matrix.

I got Band of Brothers for like $30 last year (not even on Black Friday). I see it on sale every couple months. Kind of a waste to pick it for this.

I voted for The Universe. Wouldn't mind the Matrix or BBC though.

Gotta be The Universe. I have the rest, plus Dr. Amy Mainzer...all that astrophysics knowledge in one smokin' hot package...:hot::hot::drool::drool::drool::drool:

[quote name='shrike4242']Star Trek movies vote for me, as I already have the Matrix set, Planet Earth, and Band of Brothers.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Though I do have the original motion picture trilogy. I'd probably get rid of that.

rather irritates me that i orderd BSG complete then 12 hours later they say it will be on sale tomorrow hopefully i can get them to give me the sale price :bomb:

[quote name='jeff1304']rather irritates me that i orderd BSG complete then 12 hours later they say it will be on sale tomorrow hopefully i can get them to give me the sale price :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, give them a call, they seem to be rather nice about that sort of thing.

Also, The Universe Season 1-3 is up too

[quote name='jeff1304']rather irritates me that i orderd BSG complete then 12 hours later they say it will be on sale tomorrow hopefully i can get them to give me the sale price :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Which one because they do list two different items for it old packaging and new packaging. I imagine the old packaging will be the one on sale.

the older one is the one i orderd it was almost $50 cheaper and the same thing for the most part.

EDIT: just got a email back from them saying i would have to refuse the the package when it gets here, then order the one that is on sale. downside is that im in my college classes when most carriers drop off not to mention i would have the order the on sale one before i can even refuse the package.

EDIT2: well i called them and they canclled my order so i could get that one no problem i dont think i will go through there email customer support again lol

battlestar galactica complete is going to be on sale tomorrow morning and the universe on friday. i wonder how good of a deal it will be, i might be dropping a couple hundred this week.

Spiderman Trilogy on Blu is $45 right now. Still a bit higher than I want to pay since I'm really only interested in the first two.

i bit on spider-man. $45 isn't really a great deal (i could see this going for $30-35 on BF), but with the Matrix winning i have extra cash. I'm on the fence about the universe, so i'll probably lose interest by week's end.

Very disappointed overall in the offerings this week. Thought i'd see 1 or 2 crazy TV deals

bread's done
Back