Vote today!

Donburiboy

CAGiversary!
Hey Canadian CAGers!

Today is election day.

(And to make it relevant for gamers, so far the NDP has the most nerd/gamer-friendly platform since they want to eliminate the stupid bandwidth caps that Rogers and Bell and such have been gouging us with for so long.)

Please vote!

[quote name='Nukkus']oh this thread REALLY needs to die. it doesn;t belong in this forum, and it has NOTHIGN to do with video games.[/QUOTE]

well it DID take nearly 3 pages until descending into a regurgitation of decades-old arguments only tangentially related to reality. that's a plus I suppose.

but yah. lock it down already. our chance to vote is now over.

let's get back to saving on gaming!

[quote name='Nukkus']oh this thread REALLY needs to die. it doesn;t belong in this forum, and it has NOTHIGN to do with video games.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I apologize for my insane rantings. Back to games!

Is nowhere sacred anymore? Please mod, lock this topic. Arguing on here about politics is beyond dumb. And all of you who are acting all butt-hurt because CPC won-- get over it. Bitching about it on here isn't going to make a damn of difference.

+1

People need to learn where and when to express their opinions. This is not the place for it, and I've lost a bit of respect for a handful of people here because of it. Anyone (on any side) who uses party talking points as substitution for actual opinions is an idiot.

Y'all know mods aren't actively reading all the posts in the Canadian sub-forum, right? If you want them to lock this or move it you need to hit the little report icon:
report.gif

[quote name='ragnar14']Y'all know mods aren't actively reading all the posts in the Canadian sub-forum, right? If you want them to lock this or move it you need to hit the little report icon:
report.gif
[/QUOTE]

I don't know, they sure jumped all over my thread asking about an optical audio modIFICTATION for my SNES. Nuked it in under an hour! ;)

[quote name='Frankfurt1985']

I voted conservative. Veni in me frater! Molon pros me! It sucks that there isn't an actual viable right wing party in Canada, or I would vote for them!

But if you want to know who voted for the Conservatives, I shall tell you. It is people who have jobs and families that are fed up with large portions of their taxes going to sustain the hopeless (visit a downtown in your area for further information). They take taxes from those of us who live far away from the urban area and spend it to refurbish the downtown core. After restoration is complete, everything is vandalized almost immediately.

The people are tired of their taxes being wasted. I think a very economically conservative (not the Conservative Party) would do very well in the non-urban areas of the country.

Furthermore, can we get a party in this country that believes in suitable punishments for crimes? Say what you want about the US, but when they give somebody a life sentence, the perp doesn't get out. Here, committing murder may get you a BARBARIC 12 years in prison. Now I am sure, many liberals will say "oh, 12 years, that is a ton! They have paid their debt", but I bet you wouldn't say that if it was your child or significant other or parent that was murdered. Victims never get justice here! Also, why do they even call it paying your debt to society', when the tax payer pays for your existence? They should be making street signs and various items used by society that are provided by the public sector.

The gravy train has ended and severe cuts have to be made. Everything must be audited, and all corruption must be sought out and punished harshly. The West can no longer afford the decadence of the past, especially with the quickly approaching demographic catastrophe (retirement of the baby boomers).

I also want to add that the Conservative ads were extremely petty (but I suppose effective, given the complete annihilation of the Liberal Party). The majority government will prevent us from having an election constantly which is an expensive process.[/QUOTE]
Murder is a life sentence. You never get off parole. 2nd degree murder is typically 10 years in prison, but it's still a life sentence (you'll be watched and reporting to a PO for the rest of your life even after you escape prison). Although I'm too lazy to find a source atm, murderers have one of the lowest recidivism rates (chance of reoffending) since 10 (or 25) years is still a long time. Rapists and molesters are the recidivists, and should probably be hanged.

bread's done
Back