VR the next big thing

Braehole

CAGiversary!
I very surprised all three of you don't see VR as the future of gaming. I bet two thirds of you will have Sony VR headsets by Christmas. There's a couple really cool games for VR coming out by the end of the year. Robinson: The Journey, Final Fantasy XIV, Rigs:Mechanized Combat League, London Heist: Getaway, Elite Dangerous, Assetto Corsa (racing game), Eve: Vallyrie, Star Wars: Battlefront, Adr1ft, Rez Infinite, and my Favorite Eagle Flight to name a few.

VR is the next IPhone that everyone will have and I can't wait for you guys to all say at the same time. "We were very wrong about VR not being a big deal for gaming".  I think people are ready for something new and different. This is the step in that direction we have all been waiting for. 

just like VR 20 years ago was the future of gaming....  this might be better than that was but I dont see it as the future of gaming yet.

Still waiting for this apology: "We were very wrong about Kinect not being a big deal for gaming" - Microsoft

Also: VR has been around for almost 25 years, it's nothing new for home gaming:

47691_front.jpg

Its definitely a big expense for most.  I had a DK2 for a bit and its definitely something you have to try to really understand the appeal and how its different.  A VR game/experience can have the most basic graphics but FEEL incredible.  I will probably buy the PS VR as i have a GeForce 770 and its not good enough for the other VR headsets and Im not getting another graphics card.  However, I do think it can be a hard sell to most people because its so isolating and alot of people have a spouse or kids who will think they look like a big dumb idiot sitting on the couch with a headset on.  That'll be the hardest barrier, breaking that perception and getting people to actually try it without getting pink eye.

I think VR is super cool, I like all the support its getting, and I hope it does really well, but i get why people are skeptical.  I also hope PlayStation has more games that are multiplayer couch co-op because that will probably help get more people to try it.

Honestly If you have never tried a Vive with motion controllers you have no idea what it's like. Ya this stuff is bleeding edge and expensive. But this is just the start of true consumer VR. Most tech improves a lot after the first versions. 

Try it if you can. It's worth the time.

The next big thing is here! .....and no one seems to care.  Put me on the VR is a dud list.  Eventually it will be cool but no this generation of gaming.

just like VR 20 years ago was the future of gaming.... this might be better than that was but I dont see it as the future of gaming yet.
Technically speaking if it happened 20 years ago and it is happening again now, then it was the future of gaming 20 years ago. Just Sayin... :D/

bread's done
Back