VVVVVV reduced price ($4.49) and 10% off on Steam

10% of $4.99 is... $0.49? Not much of a discount if you ask me, though the initial asking price of $4.99 is more than fair.

[quote name='machindo']10% of $4.99 is... $0.49? Not much of a discount if you ask me, though the initial asking price of $4.99 is more than fair.[/QUOTE]

The game was $15 up until now. I bought it back when it was full price and loved the game. It was worth the $15 to me, so nobody should have any reason to pass on this at $4.49.

I was thinking this would run on my Netbook I wouldn't have guessed the requirements would be a 2ghz processor.

Good deal regardless.

I tried the demo on my EEEPC 1000HA netbook and the game appeared to run fine.

Steam should do a netbook low specs part of their site I'm sure there are many like me that are always looking for games to run on these things.

I'm going to spring for this tomorrow it's a lot of fun and the soundtrack is great if you like 8bit chip tunes

Tried the demo and basically liked it, but like Soma, given that the discount is only 49 cents I'm in no hurry. Plenty of other stuff to play and maybe there'll be a bigger discount later anyway.

The funny thing about sales is that if the game was originally priced at $14.99 and was given a 70% discount ($14.99 - .7($14.99) = $4.49), there would have been an urgency for someone like myself to buy this game now.

I have played many platformers in the past... almost a decade. Ranging from Konami rehashed tripe to indie nostalgia nonsense. Of ALL of them, from NSMB Wii down to Bunny Must Die up to MM10 down to Shift and back again, VVVVVV is by miles the one I would recommend most heartily. The ONLY platformer I would pause for a SECOND before declaring VVVVVV better than it would be Cave Story. It is inspired, clever, paced exceptionally well, challenging, but not ball-busting... every level is designed quite well. It uses it's gimmick better than a thousand other gimmick platformers.

I cannot say enough good things about VVVVVV except that it was only like 2 hours long. But it was 2 hours long because it packed everything so tightly. Checkpoints are doled out like candy. There's no long slogs back and forth across a map, no tedious item grinding, no bosses with health bars about six times to long (Kinda sad that there are no REAL bosses period but there are a couple of levels I would count as "bosses"...), it just piles on the game and burns out quick as a result.

I absolutely cannot say enough nice things about VVVVVV. It's one of those games that I think if you can't spare the $5 you should at least pirate it just to have beaten it.

Well, I CAN say one bad thing about the game: fuckING VENI VIDI VICI. Still, it's only one collectible.

[quote name='Araxen']"I wanna be the ...." clone is charging money for their game? ick..[/QUOTE]

NO!

It isn't a crappy mindless frustration fest like IWBTG. Give it a shot. It's charming, it's clever, it's the best platformer, hands down, in years. Please, I implore you to give this one a shot. I love it so much and I think you might share in some of that if you gave it a chance.

I just wrote a post about the "Doing Things The Hard Way" checkpoint. Died like 500 times.
EXCEPT FOR THIS STUPID fuckING EXTRA TRINKET.

THE ONLY PART OF THE GAME THAT WAS JUST RETARDED. fuckING VENI VIDI VICI

bread's done
Back